MSNBC at the editing machine again

So when will the obama propaganda machine be shut down?

MSNBC and Andrea Mitchell are under fire from Sooper Mexican, Politico, The Atlantic, among others for how it portrayed the appearance. The rap against MSNBC: Its treatment plays up Romney’s reaction to Wawa’s “touchtone” sandwich-ordering system. “It’s amazing,” Romney tells the crowd. But the treatment doesn’t put his take on the machine in the context of his argument that the private sector knows how to compete, but the federal government does not. In introducing the short clip, Mitchell supposed that the comments could be Romney’s “supermarket scanner moment.”
MSNBC faces pressure on Romney’s Wawa moment - Erik Wemple - The Washington Post

Seems what you are missing is that Republicans who keep complaining about how awful government is and how it can't do anything should never be elected. All their policies are failures. How do we know? They fucking told us.

Seems like you keep missing why Democrats that think a 32 page change of address form is acceptable should get elected. All their policies are for more government forms. How do we know? try to get anything from the government.

No, she EDITED a quote to PUT it out of context. That is a lie of omission AND commission.

It should be a terminatable offense and possibly fineable by the FCC on the network. The fine won't happen, nor will the firing. We know the White House covers their own and vice versa.

Editing quotes to take them out of context is SOP. It always has been. MSNBC does it, FOX does it. Anyone with a political motive does it.

In fact, that's the only reason that anyone knows the name "Andrew Breitbart".

I'm not saying it's "ok", or that it's a good thing.

But it's not as "outrageous" as you guys make it out to be (as long as it's MSNBC doing it, and not FOXNews)

Defamation. I can't imagine deliberately lying about someone who is a public figure when you know you are lying wouldnt reach the standard of malicious intent. But then I dont do libel cases.

She didn't "lie", she took a quote out of context.

She took the quote out of context to make it look like Romney didn't know about ordering with a touch screen, she lied.

What did she say that was untrue?

She took the quote out of context to make it look like Romney didn't know about ordering with a touch screen, she lied.

What did she say that was true?

She didn't say much of anything.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the practice of taking quotes out of context in any way. I'm just not going to get "outraged" about something that both sides do, and always have.

No, she EDITED a quote to PUT it out of context. That is a lie of omission AND commission.

It should be a terminatable offense and possibly fineable by the FCC on the network. The fine won't happen, nor will the firing. We know the White House covers their own and vice versa.

Editing quotes to take them out of context is SOP. It always has been. MSNBC does it, FOX does it. Anyone with a political motive does it.

But it's not as "outrageous" as you guys make it out to be (as long as it's MSNBC doing it, and not FOXNews)
It's not okay, but I'm fine with this because it was on Romney? That's the essence of what I'm hearing. Sounds like your apologizing for her to me. Anyone else get that too?

It's not okay, but I'm fine with this because it was on Romney? That's the essence of what I'm hearing. Sounds like your apologizing for her to me. Anyone else get that too?

No, it's more like It's not okay, but I'm fine with it because I understand that the reality of politics will never change, so there's no point in getting "outraged". You guys act like this is the first time this has ever happened.

I don't get outraged when ANYONE does it - whether it's MSNBC taking quotes out of context to attack Romney or Andrew Breitbart taking quotes out of context to attack Shirley Sherrod.

Yes, we know it's not the first time, but it SHOULD be the LAST time.

And yes, I'd be pissed as well if it was Obama that got this treatment by say Hannity or whatever and it was portrayed as news. Its part of why I don't like his interviewing style.

And Shirley Sherrod's quotes were not spliced together to make it seem she said or thought something she didn't.

Heads should roll at MSNBS. It's why they have a rapidly declining audience and people don't trust them.

What did she say that was true?

She didn't say much of anything.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the practice of taking quotes out of context in any way. I'm just not going to get "outraged" about something that both sides do, and always have.

I see no reason to get outraged, but I enjoy the idiots that attack Fox defending MSNBC.

By the way, news organizations aren't supposed to be on either side. That isn't exactly outrageous, but it is scary.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back