MSNBC and Michael Musto...no shame and laughable

txlonghorn

Mar 9, 2009
You'd think that the network would do everything in it's power to be as credible as possible when there's such a ratings war going on.

The claims by Musto concerning Miss California are laughable and unashamedly childish. But for MSNBC to air those assinine comments is what really gets me.

Miss Prejean should sue the network and this bozo for slander.

I wonder if these moronic blowhards ( wow, sorry about that...no pun intended ) would say these horrible things about their own precious Obama, who actually shares Miss CA's view of marriage being reserved for a man and a woman?

Certainly you won't hear Perez Hilton calling President Obama a stupid bitch.

I agree with you,, but we have been around this block.. see earlier thread.. msnbc.. :eusa_angel:

It might have helped had you included enough information about this issue for us to understand what you're talking about.

You'd be surprised to discover that some of us can ignore issues that we think are much ado about nothing.

And this is one of those issues for which I have no real interest unless it becomes an issue here for my consideration.

It might have helped had you included enough information about this issue for us to understand what you're talking about.

You'd be surprised to discover that some of us can ignore issues that we think are much ado about nothing.

And this is one of those issues for which I have no real interest unless it becomes an issue here for my consideration.

Forgive my assumption that the few serious posters on this board are up on the issue. I didn't feel it necessary to rehash the entire story. I agree that it is a small issue...but the bigger issue is the information that MSNBC chooses to allow for broadcast.

I understand also that this issue was covered in an earlier thread, but found it more effective to voice my opinion in a new thread.

Forgive my assumption that the few serious posters on this board are up on the issue. I didn't feel it necessary to rehash the entire story. I agree that it is a small issue...but the bigger issue is the information that MSNBC chooses to allow for broadcast.

I understand also that this issue was covered in an earlier thread, but found it more effective to voice my opinion in a new thread.

I think you'll find that most of us think the whole poor ms america thing isn't a big deal. it's kind of like the "war on christmas". lots of sound and fury.

I think you'll find that most of us think the whole poor ms america thing isn't a big deal. it's kind of like the "war on christmas". lots of sound and fury.

now if it was a gay issue you'd be all over it

As I understand it some candidate for Ms America said that she didn't believe in Abortion, right?

And for that she lost her bid for that dubious honor ?

And this is a big deal why?

That title is based on finding a reasonable attractive women who has learned to say banal and sacarine tripe which won't offend anyone.

She would have lost if she'd said: "We should end social security" too

Would the people here who are offended by her loss of the right to express her opinion about abortions still be offended if she'd lost her bid for saying that social security was a social evil?

I rather doubt it.

If you're going for the title of the blandest non-thinking enitity on earth, you've got to learn to be bland and nonconstriversial.

As I understand it some candidate for Ms America said that she didn't believe in Abortion, right?

And for that she lost her bid for that dubious honor ?

And this is a big deal why?

That title is based on finding a reasonable attractive women who has learned to say banal and sacarine tripe which won't offend anyone.

She would have lost if she'd said: "We should end social security" too

Would the people here who are offended by her loss of the right to express her opinion about abortions still be offended if she'd lost her bid for saying that social security was a social evil?

I rather doubt it.

If you're going for the title of the blandest non-thinking enitity on earth, you've got to learn to be bland and nonconstriversial.

Go directly to jail! Do Not Pass Go.!

Again...you've missed the point completely. My post was not focused on the mistreatment of Miss CA. It was about the poor choice MSNBC made in airing Musto's comments.

I could care less if the issue over her opinion cost her the title. What I was taking issue with was the blatant abuse of broadcasting to spread false information about her. It's one thing to gossip around a table full of your martini buddies about it and another thing altogether to go on national television and spew that junk. Do they not see the possible legal trouble? It just goes to show how shallow minded the executives at that network are. NBC should be falling all over themselves to correct this serious brainfart by whoever decided that was good tv news!

now if it was a gay issue you'd be all over it

Or if it was rabid sexism against a democrat of course.