MSM's Real Interest In The Environment

fuzzykitten99 said:
i wouldn't mind that TOO much...i love horses (and owned one once), and at least you'd still have wheels/transportation---it just may take hours to get to work or where ever, or days for deliveries that can be done in hours...basically the economy would go to hell and never recover...so much for being 'progressive'.

BUT...then the liberals would also bitch about horses (or other animals) being used for transportation was cruel and inhumane, blah blah blah... or that they produce too much methane and THEY pollute the earth, blah blah blah...

I don't think anyone says we should revert to the days of horse and buggies. But it's clear that humans have had a massive negative effect on the environment due to the use of fossil fuels. So why not just take a practical approach and raise CAFE standards, start focusing on alternative fuels and tighten environmental controls?

Those changes wouldn't only be good for the environment, but they'd free us from our dependence for oil on countries which are hostile to our interests.

BTW, I love Harry Potter, too.

jillian said:
I don't think anyone says we should revert to the days of horse and buggies. But it's clear that humans have had a massive negative effect on the environment due to the use of fossil fuels. So why not just take a practical approach and raise CAFE standards, start focusing on alternative fuels and tighten environmental controls?

Those changes wouldn't only be good for the environment, but they'd free us from our dependence for oil on countries which are hostile to our interests.

BTW, I love Harry Potter, too.

That is just what we are doing here in the US ie exploring the use of corn etc. The problem is third world countries are not. We can't carry the ball for them as well, that would be simply undoable cost wise, unless we share our technology with them and they invest the dollars. Right now I don't see that them willing to do that.

Forum List

Back