MSM Working For The Enemy

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
I'm sorry, I find it very difficult to believe organizations like NY Times, US News & World Report, and *ahem* Reuters are so gullible as to 'be taken in":

What the correction is about: http://michellemalkin.com/archives/005687.htm

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/09/pageoneplus/corrections.html

Corrections: For the Record

Published: August 9, 2006

A picture caption with an audio slide show on July 27 about an Israeli attack on a building in Tyre, Lebanon, imprecisely :wtf: How about incorrectly or misrepresented? described the situation in the picture. The man pictured, who had been seen in previous images appearing to assist with the rescue effort, was injured during that rescue effort, not during the initial attack, and was not killed.

The correct description was this one, which appeared with that picture in the printed edition of The Times: After an Israeli airstrike destroyed a building in Tyre, Lebanon, yesterday, one man helped another who had fallen and was hurt. (Go to Interactive Feature)

I don't think you are a genius or anything, but I bet you could spot repeating photos of a guy, not too mention repeating missiles or smoke.

I assume that those organizations can hire people at least as smart as you.

I don't think you are a genius or anything, but I bet you could spot repeating photos of a guy, not too mention repeating missiles or smoke.

I assume that those organizations can hire people at least as smart as you.

I think you're a real Einstein:thup: That aside, according to your own link the pic was taken by the NY Times photographer and was corrected in the print edition before it went to print. It was only the online edition that was incorrect, which was fixed pretty quickly. We are talking about only one photo in your post, not a whole slew, which is a different story altogether. BTW, having a neocon shill as your source does little to add credibility to the link...

I think you're a real Einstein:thup: That aside, according to your own link the pic was taken by the NY Times photographer and was corrected in the print edition before it went to print. It was only the online edition that was incorrect, which was fixed pretty quickly. We are talking about only one photo in your post, not a whole slew, which is a different story altogether. BTW, having a neocon shill as your source does little to add credibility to the link...

Gee, I posted the first last night. That's not all that quick. But go ahead, make excuses. BTW, speaking of shilling. NY Times pays you? :laugh:

Gee, I posted the first last night. That's not all that quick. But go ahead, make excuses. BTW, speaking of shilling. NY Times pays you? :laugh:

Depends when they were made aware of it and by whom. Maybe the picture editor didn't caption it correctly. I would assume that in order for the NY Times photographer to take the pic he'd have to be in Lebanon. There is a lot of distance between NY and Lebanon. Things happen. I don't read the NY Times.

Depends when they were made aware of it and by whom. Maybe the picture editor didn't caption it correctly. I would assume that in order for the NY Times photographer to take the pic he'd have to be in Lebanon. There is a lot of distance between NY and Lebanon. Things happen. I don't read the NY Times.

And the job of editors is?

As stated, there is a lot of distance between NY and Lebanon. Did the caption go out in the print edition? No. So looks like somebody was doing their job....

Check out the videos and especially the ap quote below:

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=22029_Directed_By_Green_Helmet_Guy&only

Directed By Green Helmet Guy

Conclusive proof that the photographs from Qana were cynically staged, as “Green Helmet” directs cameramen in a video from German TV (with English subtitles). They actually take the body of a child out of the ambulance, transfer it from the light stretcher used in the ambulance to the heavy duty gurney used in the rescue operation (to create the impression that it has just arrived from the bombed area), uncover it, and pose it for photographs.

UPDATE at 8/10/06 8:18:53 am:

For more on this ghoulish manipulation of the media, see Newsbusters and Hot Air.

In the battle to control the information coming out of Lebanon, Hizballah has definitely got the media on its side. But for the first time, thanks to Adnan Hajj and his lack of Photoshop skill, the media are being held to account for allowing themselves to be used by a terrorist group.

UPDATE at 8/10/06 8:27:27 am:

This is a good time to point out AP’s statement about allegations the Qana photographs were stage-managed by Hizballah (hat tip: Geepers). From AP senior vice president and executive editor Kathleen Carroll:

“It’s hard to imagine how someone sitting in an air-conditioned office or broadcast studio many thousands of miles from the scene can decide what occurred on the ground with any degree of accuracy,” said Kathleen Carroll, AP’s senior vice president and executive editor.

Carroll said in addition to personally speaking with photo editors, “I also know from 30 years of experience in this business that you can’t get competitive journalists to participate in the kind of (staging) experience that is being described.”

7:57 AM PDT

and they are trying to make a fool of me as well. Americans want the truth, good, bad or indifferent. We live by and stand by the truth. When we cannot trust our media, who do we trust? This is Common Americanism 101. Or, didn't you know?

Psychoblues

The beat goes on.................

NY Times Connects Recent Terrorist Plot to Wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Lebanon
Posted by Noel Sheppard on August 11, 2006 - 06:36.
I guess we should have predicted this. After all, in the minds of many in the mainstream media, history began on March 20, 2003, when America invaded Iraq; unless absolutely necessary, all prior events relating to terrorism are to be ignored.

As such, we shouldn’t be at all surprised that a New York Times front-page story about the recent thwarted terrorist plot in Great Britain tied the event to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. However, the reference to Lebanon was extraordinarily specious, as this plan clearly has been in the making for many months, and hatched well before the recent escalation between Hezbollah and Israel.

Alas, consistency and logic aren’t important to America’s press anymore, especially three months prior to a crucial election. With that in mind, the following sentence won’t shock even the least cynical of NewsBusters readers: “This is the latest in a series of conspiracies apparently rooted in the disaffection of young, British-born Muslims, many of Pakistani descent, who cast themselves as part of a jihadist struggle against Britain, which they see as an outrider of the United States in Iraq, Afghanistan and now Lebanon.”

Par for the course, right? However, the following casual reference to British Prime Minister Tony Blair’s vacation might raise a couple of eyebrows:

"Prime Minister Blair had left for a Caribbean vacation last weekend after delaying his plans because of the Lebanon crisis. His office said that he had briefed President Bush on the situation. British politicians in general refused to be drawn into what has become a familiar public debate about whether Britain is a target for terrorists because of its alliance with the United States."

Hearken back twelve months to August 2005 when publications like the New York Times were filled with utter disdain for America’s chief executive having the audacity to be on vacation when a hurricane hit even though he was probably only a few hundred miles away from the epicenter.

Since America’s press love Mr. Blair, I guess he gets a pass for being on holiday during this crisis.

http://newsbusters.org/node/6908

and they are trying to make a fool of me as well. Americans want the truth, good, bad or indifferent. We live by and stand by the truth. When we cannot trust our media, who do we trust? This is Common Americanism 101. Or, didn't you know?

Psychoblues

Is this the truth?

http://newsbusters.org/node/6914
CBS Refers to Would-Be Terrorists as 'Martyrs'
Posted by Greg Sheffield on August 11, 2006 - 11:25.
How strong is the word "martyr"? After the death of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi last June, Aljazeera.net reported that a Jordanian got in trouble for using that word to describe Zarqawi, his former countryman.
Jordan's parliament has condemned an Islamist MP for calling Abu Musab al-Zarqawi a "martyr" and demanded that his party question him and three other members for attending the dead al-Qaida leader's wake.
Mohammed Abu Fares tried to ease the blow of his statement.
He said later that the term did not apply to Jordanians who died in last November's triple hotel blasts in Amman. The attacks were claimed by al-Zarqawi's group.
All this controversy over a word that CBS correspondent Jim Stewart used freely yesterday to describe the would-be plane terrorists who were stopped by the British government.

HARRY SMITH: Many flights were canceled, security was tightened dramatically, and all of that led to long, long lines. CBS News has a team of correspondents covering all the angles of this still developing story. We'll begin in Washington, where Jim Stewart has details of the plot, what it was and when it was to be carried out. Jim:
JIM STEWART:Harry, U.S. counterterrorism officials say the London plotters were as close as a matter of days and no more than two weeks away from launching their suicide attacks when Scotland Yard began rounding them up. They had also--also collected all of the essential elements for their bombs, and they had picked the targets for their transatlantic terror plot.
The attacks were planned against commercial flights on US airlines leaving within about an hour of each other for the most popular American tourist cities. Direct from Heathrow Airport in London to New York, Washington, Miami, Los Angeles, Chicago and Boston. Somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean, investigators say, the martyrs planned to simultaneously explode small chemical bombs made from ingredients in their carry-on luggage.

New Topics

Forum List

Back