MSM: unemployment "unexpectedly" rises again

Neotrotsky

Council to Supreme Soviet
Dec 12, 2009
People's Republic

Jobless Claims, Inflation Jump as Economy Wobbles

The number of U.S. workers filing new applications for unemployment insurance unexpectedly surged last week, while producer prices increased sharply in January, raising potential hurdles for the economic recovery.

Initial claims for state unemployment benefits increased 31,000 to 473,000, the Labor Department said on Thursday. That compared to market expectations for 430,000.

In our "golden age" of Papa Obama, we seen to have a lot of unexpected rises in unemployment

Funny how that works
:eusa_whistle:

The number of U.S. workers filing new applications for unemployment insurance unexpectedly surged last week, while producer prices increased sharply in January, raising potential hurdles for the economic recovery.

Initial claims for state unemployment benefits increased 31,000 to 473,000, the Labor Department said on Thursday. That compared to market expectations for 430,000.

In our "golden age" of Papa Obama, we seen to have a lot of unexpected rises in unemployment

Funny how that works

That's just because the stimulus took last week off so it could listen to the President's speech on it's birthday, don't worry American it'll go back to "saving and creating" jobs next week. :D

Funny how that works

That's just because the stimulus took last week off so it could listen to the President's speech on it's birthday, don't worry American it'll go back to "saving and creating" jobs next week. :D

It is strange indeed

According to the left and the MSM, it is "mission accomplished" for Papa Obama's Pork Bill

There is always plan C....

Go to Canada, revolt, and institute our constitution there.

Funny how that works

It is strange indeed

According to the left and the MSM, it is "mission accomplished" for Papa Obama's Pork Bill

Oh.. you're talking about pork... the majority of which went to Republican held districts?

I started MY job hunt a week ago. After three interviews I was hired into a full-time position with a marketing company two days ago. Unemployment isn't the problem.. everyone who is capable of finding a job but doesn't because of the fat unemployment check is the reason for our high unemployment rates.

Funny how that works
I wonder what happens in January? Oh! Wait, retail stores lay off all their Christmas workers.:cuckoo:

Funny how that works
I wonder what happens in January? Oh! Wait, retail stores lay off all their Christmas workers.:cuckoo:

The Beckoids loved that argument BEFORE the holidays to explain the sudden decrease in job losses... I bet they have changed their mind now that the explanation works against them.

It is strange indeed

Oh.. you're talking about pork... the majority of which went to Republican held districts?

I started MY job hunt a week ago. After three interviews I was hired into a full-time position with a marketing company two days ago. Unemployment isn't the problem.. everyone who is capable of finding a job but doesn't because of the fat unemployment check is the reason for our high unemployment rates.

Truth is hard for the left; truth is their worst enemy

Democratic Districts won twice as much stimulus cash as conservative districts.
Maybe democratic districts should get to keep all the stimulus cash?

Democratic districts have received nearly twice as much stimulus money as Republican districts and the cash has been awarded without regard to how badly an area was suffering from job losses, according to a new study.

The Mercatus Center at George Mason University reviewed the distribution of $157 billion in stimulus dollars based on publicly available reports and found that there was “no statistical correlation” between the amount of money a district got and its income or unemployment rate.

“You would think, right, that if the administration believes in its theory that government money can create jobs, they would spend a lot of money in districts that have high unemployment,” study co-author Veronique de Rugy said. “We found absolutely no relationship. It just kind of shows that the money is spent kind of randomly.”

Rather, the study found that Democratic congressional districts received 1.89 times more money than GOP districts. The average award for Democratic districts was $439 million, while the average award for Republican ones was $232 million.

On average, Democratic districts also got 152 awards, while Republican ones got 94.

Funny how that works

Strange that the MSM would say "unexpectedly" then
:lol:

Funny how that works

I didnt realize there were 43,000 temporary retail workers. And as mentioned, since even an ignoramus like yourself knows this, why should it be a surprise?

No, we are seeing the beginnings of "stagflation" just like under Carter. The more he continues, the more obama resembles Carter. Iran problems, stagflation, leftist Congress, lack of experience, etc etc.

Communist party begin!
communism_its_a_party.jpg

It is strange indeed

Absolutely a factor....from a man that runs a very actiive temporary employment agency in NYC.

Funny how that works

I didnt realize there were 43,000 temporary retail workers. And as mentioned, since even an ignoramus like yourself knows this, why should it be a surprise?

No, we are seeing the beginnings of "stagflation" just like under Carter. The more he continues, the more obama resembles Carter. Iran problems, stagflation, leftist Congress, lack of experience, etc etc.

Good Rabbi

take it easy on the left and their fantasies.

For them, it is "mission accomplished" for Papa Obama's Pork Bill

For the rest of the US it is:

52% Say Obama Doesn't Deserve Second Term

A new CNN poll contains some troubling numbers for President Obama. Among Americans -- and those registered to vote -- 52% believe Obama does not deserve a second term, while 44% think he does. A paltry 4% don't have an opinion on the matter.

Of course, in a strange way it is all starting to look "familiar"
But on steroids
obamacarter.gif

Of course the good news:

Carter, smiling- won't be remembered as the pariah of Democratic Party

images

As should be obvious, things are not getting better.

Very true

However according to some on the left and the MSM, to think that one must be dumb, racist etc

It is all part of the MSM's soft treatment of Obama-show of support or soft bigotry of low expectations

The MSM and liberals use to say Papa Obama was "too big to fail"
but really they meant meant "too black to fail" (due to their soft bigotry of low expectations)

Just ask Harry Reid

Funny how that works

Last edited:

Funny how that works

Actually, there are proabably more than 43,000 temporary retail workers. Heckl, Macys alone in Herald Square hires hundreds from late november through late January.
But that was why we saw phony positive signs. No one should consider seasonal retail workers as a sign of employment....but the WH opted to.....and just neglected to mentiuon that they were in the overall numbers......and skewed the truth.

Bottom line....overall employment is an issue....and the stimulus did nothing but put off the inevitable for local governments...inability to meet payroll for teachers, police, mass transit, etc.

It was NOT a stimulus.....it was a "pain easer"....but a pain easer without a real long term plan to eliminate the resons for the pain is nothing more than tylenol when you need a root canal.

Last edited:

Funny how that works

They adjust for that. That is what the "seasonally adjusted means."

What happened that they didn't count on was all the tax increases that went in on Jan 1, some of them very substantial.

And one of the big increases was for unemployment insurance.

I am pleasantly surprised that unemployment is so low. It looks to me that the economy is recovering as part of the natural order of things. Given the number and size of the tax increases that went in, I was predicting a 12% unemployment by now.

(Crow doesn't go well, even with Hollandaise sauce. )
And there are large numbers of people who just plain have moved on. One income households have adjusted to that reality. So larger numbers of people are, while not cool with it, dealing with it other ways. Actual employment is still way down.

Forum List

Back