MSM Strikes Again, This Should NOT Be Hard

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://www.blackfive.net/main/2005/12/usa_today_not_m.html

USA Today - Not Many Heroes

This is probably the biggest bunch of horse @#$% that I've read in a long time. See article below. Okay, Readers, in the Comments you should place links (be sure to include the full URL with http:// ) of stories about extreme valor and heroism from Iraq or Afghanistan:

Just one Medal of Honor given in OEF, OIF conflicts

By Tom Vanden Brook
USA Today
American troops have been fighting and dying in Iraq and Afghanistan for more than four years, but just one soldier from those wars has received the Medal of Honor, the nation’s highest military honor for bravery.

The lack of such medals — by comparison, two were awarded for fighting in Somalia — reflects today’s unconventional warfare and the superior weaponry of U.S. forces, military experts say. It’s not that today’s troops lack valor, but they lack opportunities to display it in the extraordinary way that would merit the Medal of Honor...

Just a little more research and they could have produced *sigh* a few more:

Jason Dunham

Brad Kasal

Alwyn Cashe

Rafael Peralta

To just name a few...

Posted by Blackfive | December 29, 2005 in Caring For The Defenders

Great post, Kathianne.

I'd like to go off-topic for a second, though, and make an observation.

I never served in the Armed Forces, but I know that several of our board members have. Perhaps they'd venture an opinion or two on this:

If such a state of affairs could possibly be said to exist, it seems to me that "fewer opportunities to display valor" would be a REALLY GOOD thing!

Back to the topic: screw the MSM/DNC. They have no more grasp of the concept of valor than they do of honor, duty, or country. How dare they even open their mouths?

musicman said:
Great post, Kathianne.

I never served in the Armed Forces, but I know that several of our board members have. Perhaps they'd venture an opinion or two on this:

If such a state of affairs could possibly be said to exist, it seems to me that "fewer opportunities to display valor" would be a REALLY GOOD thing!

Back to the topic: screw the MSM/DNC. They have no more grasp of the concept of valor than they do of honor, duty, or country. How dare they even open their mouths?

I agree with the safety thing. With that said, there are so few, doing so much, for so many. I honor them all!

What is this bonehead trying to suggest? Would it make him feel better if our forces fixed bayonets and unnecessarily charged machine gun nests? What this asshole is remiss in acknowledging is that unlike wars past, these brave souls volunteered to place themselves in harm's way. They are at least as valorous as any that came before them and they all deserve decorations for heroism, IMO.

MissileMan said:
What is this bonehead trying to suggest? Would it make him feel better if our forces fixed bayonets and unnecessarily charged machine gun nests? What this asshole is remiss in acknowledging is that unlike wars past, these brave souls volunteered to place themselves in harm's way. They are at least as valorous as any that came before them and they all deserve decorations for heroism, IMO.

Who are you speaking about, the blogger or USA Today?

MissileMan said:
Tom Vanden Brook...the guy who wrote the observation of lower medal numbers.

Good, I'm so glad I didn't 'go off' on ya. Did you read the links from Matt? Damn.

musicman said:
Great post, Kathianne.

bronze,silver and purple will not even buy ya cup of coffee...but it will bring ya grief if ya dare to share your experience with others...you then become the dreaded.."know it all-old fart!" :coffee3:

archangel said:
bronze,silver and purple will not even buy ya cup of coffee...but it will bring ya grief if ya dare to share your experience with others...you then become the dreaded.."know it all-old fart!" :coffee3:

and you figure that how?

archangel said:

You need to get your stylus sharpened.

MissileMan said:
You need to get your stylus sharpened.

observation...will keep that in mind for 2006 resolutions...thanks......... :salute:

archangel said:
you have mocked me enough for one year!
Arch, you'll never believe this, but I do recognize your good points. Why do you have to take away from today's heroes?

Kathianne said:
Arch, you'll never believe this, but I do recognize your good points. Why do you have to take away from today's heroes?

:wtf: you are really confused as I am here and now...those that come after, may very well be here next...but you will mock from time to time and call them 'old farts' and 'know it all's! 'All spoken in here is not all guts,glory and war...but experience gained... as it relates to ones total outlook on the world we live in...Thats my story and I'm sticking to it! And I for one support all the soldiers who give their blood,sweat and tears...so all may talk freely in here and elsewere! Good night to you!

archangel said:
:wtf: you are really confused as I am here and now...those that come after, may very well be here next...but you will mock from time to time and call them 'old farts' and 'know it all's! 'All spoken in here is not all guts,glory and war...but experience gained... as it relates to ones total outlook on the world we live in...Thats my story and I'm sticking to it! And I for one support all the soldiers who give their blood,sweat and tears...so all may talk freely in here and elsewere! Good night to you!
I've never called anyone an 'ole' fart,' except my dad and he likes it. You set yourself up as a 'know it all', by deriding and 'sad, so sad' those that disagree with your ideas of what 'fun' should be.

War service is not the sum total of one's life, IF one is lucky enough to make it out, which you were. I salute and thank you for your service! The country owes you and all that served basic respect for that. Truly. You are above what you are coming close to doing here, bringing down the youth, because of things far beyond the war. You DO NOT want to be a 'conservative' psychoblues, I'm sure.

Forum List

Back