MSM and Talk Radio

who do you listen to....?

Not much of anything in terms of "talk radio." I listen to music, mostly, and comedic morning shows on the drive to work (rock 'n roll format). I get my news from news aggregator sources via the web on my Kindle, and I subscribe to a somewhat-conservative daily newspaper.

how can you be "deeply disturbed" when you haven't even listened to a bonafide conservative talk radio host...?

try a couple of these and give them a fair hearing....Rush, Mark Levin, Sean Hannity, Michael Medved, Michael Savage, Laura Ingram....

I have heard bits and pieces from all of those programs over the years. I travel a great deal and spend a LOT of time behind the wheel, so I have heard nearly every syndicated radio program. Limbaugh is somewhat entertaining, but he panders to a lower element that emphasizes greed, fear, and racism; Hannity is the most blatent Republican presense in talk radio and is HORRIBLY racist (his carefully-screened callers are highly stereotyped and predictable), and Savage simply peddles in outrage.

All of those programs you mention create hatred and fear, but that is the nature of unmitigated freedom of expression in a corporate media environment. We, as media consumers, must be responsible enough (and intelligent enough) to sort through it.

The answer is fairly simple, "Beretta," but it will make you uncomfortable.

Right wing ideologues such as yourself have a very narrow and defined set of things that are part of your agenda. You are defined by your ideology, and you are very much driven by a "black and white" approach to life. You do not understand nuances, and you very much are attracted to authoritarianism and rule by law.

Talk radio and right wing propaganda shows comfort you by affirming your world view.

As far as I can tell, moderates and leftists spend little time watching political shows or listening to political entertainment on the radio. They simply have too many other interests, and those stupid shows aren't exactly intellectually stimulating.

Right wing radio simply counts out the cadence for goose-stepping followers of the Republican Party.

"As far as I can tell, moderates and leftists spend little time watching political shows or listening to political entertainment on the radio. They simply have too many other interests, and those stupid shows aren't exactly intellectually stimulating."

Like playing video games in the basement?

No....like WORKING for a living, spending their time with their families....going to church....watching sports on TV...playing guitar and singing in a blues duo/trio...you know....living life?

I used the examples from my own list of interests.

I have heard bits and pieces from all of those programs over the years.

Besides, the idea that there are people who are allowed to say things that no only aren't approved by the party, but actually might criticize the party offends you, right?

I travel a great deal and spend a LOT of time behind the wheel, so I have heard nearly every syndicated radio program. Limbaugh is somewhat entertaining, but he panders to a lower element that emphasizes greed, fear, and racism;

Or at least that's what DailyKOS trained to you write on message boards.

Hannity is the most blatent Republican presense in talk radio and is HORRIBLY racist

I mean YEAH, because, um, well he once said he hoped Obama didn't get reelected....

(his carefully-screened callers are highly stereotyped and predictable), and Savage simply peddles in outrage.

And you're OUTRAGED that these people aren't in prison for words offensive to the party!

All of those programs you mention create hatred and fear,

Nah, that would be Obama and his reign of demagoguery.

but that is the nature of unmitigated freedom of expression in a corporate media environment. We, as media consumers, must be responsible enough (and intelligent enough) to sort through it.

So, do you think "hate speech" should be outlawed? That is, any speech that isn't 100% supportive of the party!

yet you guys use that commentary to forge your views all the time.

As do leftists.

What Fox DOESN'T do is foist commentary off as news - like the NY Times and Washington Post do by running editorials on the front page with no tag that they are commentary.

The NEWS on Fox News is far more reliable and balanced than any other source. That is irrefutable fact.

CNN has gotten a lot better over the last couple of years, but MSNBC and the broadcast sources are straight propaganda from the DNC - just because you approve, doesn't alter that this is fact.

yet you guys use that commentary to forge your views all the time.

As do leftists.

What Fox DOESN'T do is foist commentary off as news - like the NY Times and Washington Post do by running editorials on the front page with no tag that they are commentary.

The NEWS on Fox News is far more reliable and balanced than any other source. That is irrefutable fact.

CNN has gotten a lot better over the last couple of years, but MSNBC and the broadcast sources are straight propaganda from the DNC - just because you approve, doesn't alter that this is fact.

who said I approve? Go back into all my posts and take a look at how many tines I linked to, or mentioned anything from MSNBC. Maybe three or four times, and they most likely all were from Dylan Ratigan, who's thoughts I am pretty closely aligned with....who, BTW is no longer on MSNBC.

New Topics

Forum List

Back