MSM and Talk Radio

If FOX is "faux" and the only balanced sources of news are NPR, ABC, NBC, CBS, MSLSD, CNN, why is it that they trounce all the competition in viewership and listeners?

The Market teaches us everything we need to know. If ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, CNN and taxpayer-funded NPR did a job of objective and balanced journalism, there would be know demand for Fox. Fox fills a void in the Market. Ratings and Ad sales don't lie. Advertisers, pariticularly in a soft or recessionary economy, are not spending money based on ideologues or agendas. They want to move product and improve market share. The other media outlets are losing money. Their bias and agenda has cost them.

If you want to beat Fox, do one or more of the following....

1) Report both sides.
2) Stay out of agenda journalism (e.g. NBC Michael-Mooring audio tapes, CBS reporting forged documents as authentic, ABC doing one-sided Obama Town Hall meetings AND refusing paid advertisers from entities that want to refute).

3) Saturate the market with Conservative media arms to compete with Fox.

If you want to strengthen Fox and Conservative Media, by all means, do the following:

1) Bring back the Fairness Doctrine
2) Lobby The FCC to shut down Fox and AM Talk radio.

Last edited:
If FOX is "faux" and the only balanced sources of news are NPR, ABC, NBC, CBS, MSLSD, CNN, why is it that they trounce all the competition in viewership and listeners?

The Market teaches us everything we need to know. If ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, CNN and taxpayer-funded NPR did a job of objective and balanced journalism, there would be know demand for Fox. Fox fills a void in the Market. Ratings and Ad sales don't lie. Advertisers, pariticularly in a soft or recessionary economy, are not spending money based on ideologues or agendas. They want to move product and improve market share. The other media outlets are losing money. Their bias and agenda has cost them.

If you want to beat Fox, do one or more of the following....

1) Report both sides.
2) Stay out of agenda journalism (e.g. NBC Michael-Mooring audio tapes, CBS reporting forged documents as authentic, ABC doing one-sided Obama Town Hall meetings AND refusing paid advertisers from entities that want to refute).

3) Saturate the market with Conservative media arms to compete with Fox.

If you want to strengthen Fox and Conservative Media, by all means, do the following:

1) Bring back the Fairness Doctrine
2) Lobby The FCC to shut down Fox and AM Talk radio.
NBC, ABC and CBS beat fox every night. By a lot.

Why indeed? If that is true, it is a sad indictment of the intellect of the American citizen. Fox (or faux) News isn't journalism, per se, its content is editorial presented as news.

PBS and NPR are an example journalism of the highest form. That you (I presume) and others on the right consider News Corp journalism is absurd; calling PBS/NPR liberal propaganda is an example of your willful ignorance.

If the left had their way, there wouldn't be a Fox News or Talk Radio. They keep trying, the conservatives keep pushing back. They hate when we do that. :lol:

Typical lie.

Then no attacks on these entities has happened?

We dont see almost daily the phrase.....Faux news

Try something else......This didnt pass the smell test.

"Faux News" is an apt description of everything published or broadcast by Murdoch. It is not an attack per se, it is a description of the propaganda machine that is News Corp. No thinking person would consider anything produced by Murdoch journalism. News Corp is 'editorialism' all of the time. Some of their propaganda is subtle, but most is easily recognized by anyone who adopts the principle it is important to question everything.

Last edited:
Typical lie.

"Faux News" is an apt description of everything published or broadcast by Murdoch. It is not an attack per se, it is a description of the propaganda machine that is News Corp. No thinking person would consider anything produced by Murdoch journalism. News Corp is 'editorialism' all of the time. Some of their propaganda is subtle, but most is easily recognized by anyone who adopts believes it is important to question everything.

Thanks for the reinforcement..............:lmao: They dont know if they are coming or going......

If the left had their way, there wouldn't be a Fox News or Talk Radio. They keep trying, the conservatives keep pushing back. They hate when we do that. :lol:

Typical lie.

Name the names instead of hiding behind the omni-present "The Left"

"Faux News" is an apt description of everything published or broadcast by Murdoch. It is not an attack per se, it is a description of the propaganda machine that is News Corp. No thinking person would consider anything produced by Murdoch journalism. News Corp is 'editorialism' all of the time. Some of their propaganda is subtle, but most is easily recognized by anyone who adopts believes it is important to question everything.

Thanks for the reinforcement..............:lmao: They dont know if they are coming or going......

You're are very proud of your ignorance. That's very sad.

Why indeed? If that is true, it is a sad indictment of the intellect of the American citizen. Fox (or faux) News isn't journalism, per se, its content is editorial presented as news.

PBS and NPR are an example journalism of the highest form. That you (I presume) and others on the right consider News Corp journalism is absurd; calling PBS/NPR liberal propaganda is an example of your willful ignorance.

The American cable news watching citizen, anyway.

Remember that total overall cable news viewership represents a tiny percentage of the American population, and is in no way representative of that population.

There are 225 million Americans aged 20 or older in the United States, no more than 3-5 million watch cable news, about 2 percent.

Fox is the biggest fish in a very tiny pond.

I admit that I am deeply disturbed by what I hear on talk radio. That seems to be a meeting place for homophobes, rascists, conspiracy theorists, fascists, xenophobes, and about every other social miscreant you can imagine.

I don't ever tune in to Fox News, so I can't speak to it. I've heard it's pretty stupid, along the lines of National Enquirer for television.

who do you listen to....?

I admit that I am deeply disturbed by what I hear on talk radio. That seems to be a meeting place for homophobes, rascists, conspiracy theorists, fascists, xenophobes, and about every other social miscreant you can imagine.

I don't ever tune in to Fox News, so I can't speak to it. I've heard it's pretty stupid, along the lines of National Enquirer for television.

Not much of anything in terms of "talk radio." I listen to music, mostly, and comedic morning shows on the drive to work (rock 'n roll format). I get my news from news aggregator sources via the web on my Kindle, and I subscribe to a somewhat-conservative daily newspaper.

Not much of anything in terms of "talk radio." I listen to music, mostly, and comedic morning shows on the drive to work (rock 'n roll format). I get my news from news aggregator sources via the web on my Kindle, and I subscribe to a somewhat-conservative daily newspaper.

how can you be "deeply disturbed" when you haven't even listened to a bonafide conservative talk radio host...?

try a couple of these and give them a fair hearing....Rush, Mark Levin, Sean Hannity, Michael Medved, Michael Savage, Laura Ingram....

how can you be "deeply disturbed" when you haven't even listened to a bonafide conservative talk radio host...?

try a couple of these and give them a fair hearing....Rush, Mark Levin, Sean Hannity, Michael Medved, Michael Savage, Laura Ingram....

Mike Gallagher.

The answer is fairly simple, "Beretta," but it will make you uncomfortable.

Right wing ideologues such as yourself have a very narrow and defined set of things that are part of your agenda. You are defined by your ideology, and you are very much driven by a "black and white" approach to life. You do not understand nuances, and you very much are attracted to authoritarianism and rule by law.

Talk radio and right wing propaganda shows comfort you by affirming your world view.

As far as I can tell, moderates and leftists spend little time watching political shows or listening to political entertainment on the radio. They simply have too many other interests, and those stupid shows aren't exactly intellectually stimulating.

Right wing radio simply counts out the cadence for goose-stepping followers of the Republican Party.

Well answer me this, If you think the left is so "Nuanced" why is that that when the left speaks they all use the exact same "talking points", words, and phrases?

Because Fox is entertainment, not news.

Says the moron who gets his news from Comedy Central...

It panders to a large, static, and dedicated corps of zealots who view for reinforcement, not information. They know Fox ‘news’ is safe, that nothing will be reported that will conflict with conservative dogma, and that all stories and commentators will engage in appropriate rightwing spin.

You demagogues are a crackup.

Forum List

Back