Ms California faces disqualification

So according to Jillian and Ravi the contestants signed an agreement that they would not ever voice their opinion when ask it during the pageant? Did the pageant provide them a list of acceptable answers to all known questions? Did the pageant instruct the Judges on acceptable questions?
I doubt that. But I do believe that they signed something that said the judges decisions were final.

It's a fucking beauty contest. Get a grip.

Exactly. Its a beauty contest. So why are they asking about something as controversial such as gay marriage?

Unless, of course, they are trying to generate publicity.
IIRC, they ask questions that make the contestant respond with poise and grace and an overall acceptance of everyone and happiness and flowers all around. But I'm not totally sure about that. So if you blow the question, too bad for you.

OMG! She told the truth and Perez Hilton didn't like it! I suppose he and the other judges would have preferred she just nod her head and say, "yes sir".

If anything, this article is a huge black mark on the Miss California Pageant and the Miss USA Pageant, not on Carrie Prejean.

It seems to me that some liberals don't like the truth and get upset when someone has a point of view that doesn't agree with their own. Whatever happened to tolerance? Oh, yeah, not from the left. How sad!

Immie
I think I've watch this show once in my life...and yes, you get disqualified if you look uncongenial. Why is everyone so shocked?

Hilton is an idiot but this is just the way the free market works. Stepford wives win beauty contests so they need to answer to please the judges and no one else.

Maybe we need a law to regulate beauty contests. :eusa_eh:

So honesty and integrity have no place in the world of Beauty Contests? How terribly sad this world is. :(

I guess as long as she is gorgeous on the outside she can be an ugly liar on the inside. :(

Immie
lol...honesty and integrity? You are such an innocent in the world of implants and botox and kissing up to judges.:lol: Beauty is a cutthroat business.

I doubt that. But I do believe that they signed something that said the judges decisions were final.

It's a fucking beauty contest. Get a grip.

Exactly. Its a beauty contest. So why are they asking about something as controversial such as gay marriage?

Unless, of course, they are trying to generate publicity.

Much better to perpetuate the myth that beautiful women have no brains and spout off your desire for world peace, or your future plans as a preschool teacher.
Oh, I agree that it is stupid...but it has always been that way in that contest.

she is entitled to her opinion. just as long as its the approved opinion.

She's not losing her crown for her opinion (although, that is what started the whole mess), she's losing it for her topless photos (which were taken after she was 18 incidentally, otherwise they wouldn't be able to be shown on the news), as well as the fact that she hasn't appeared for her CONTRACTUALLY OBLIGATED appearances.

Personally? If she's too stupid to show up for what she's supposed to, as well as too stupid to not pose in photos that would bring her into question, she should lose her crown.

The gay bashing was just an appetizer.

she is entitled to her opinion. just as long as its the approved opinion.

Yes!

That is sadly true.

And that is now and will continue to be (although the acceptable opinions may change with time) the nature of those goofy beaty pagents.

It's a plactic pagent with plastic women designed to appeal to people with a taste for plastic.

If she lied about photos and not posing previously, that's one thing, and should be dealt with as a separate issue. When asked for her opinion, and actually giving it, that's entirely another. (IMO, of course. :D)

I totally agree, with both parts. If she lied about the photos and their existence, that is no different than Vanessa. As far as her giving her opinion, she was asked a question and answered it. And, Perez Hilton gave his opinion of her opinion. Both have every right, to the best of my knowledge, to give their opinions.

Forum List

Back