mrs obama.

Agreed that this guy should have known better

And also agreed on the hypocritical nature of the calling this 'racism'... if comparing a person a monkey is OK for one, it is OK for all.. .if it is not OK for one, it is not OK for all... the lefties on here want their cake and to eat it too

No it is not the same..

Calling black people apes and chimps has been used throughout history to denegrate and marginalize blacks. There is no similar affiliation to whites.

"Honky" "Yanque" "Gringo" "Haole"....come to mind

And also agreed on the hypocritical nature of the calling this 'racism'... if comparing a person a monkey is OK for one, it is OK for all.. .if it is not OK for one, it is not OK for all... the lefties on here want their cake and to eat it too

No it is not the same..

Calling black people apes and chimps has been used throughout history to denegrate and marginalize blacks. There is no similar affiliation to whites.

And if some black state hospitality director had sent an email out with any of those in it, you'd be calling for his job.

No it is not the same..

You forgot cracker, and ofay mf, gray, white devil, gabacho, and out in Guam, STATESIDER! Then there is Gaijin, quai-lo, but none of them are about ANIMALS!

No it is not the same..

And it was used to praise President Bush? Asswipe!

Look, here's the thing.

If someone called a white guy a "******", they wouldn't really be insulted, just confused.

But if you call a black guy a "******", they're going to be pissed off, and justifiably.

Now, since the term "Monkey" has a long history of being used as a racial slur, like "******", it's pretty easy to see how it's not nearly as insulting to George Bush as it is to Michelle Obama.

Anyone call me a ****** and I going to smack them and I am about as white as the come. Its an insult to a human being no matter was race.

And yes I heard quite a few black people speak of Bush in racist tones. For one, trying to blame Bush for the failures of another man that happens to be black during Katina. They couldn't face the fact a black man was at fault and "whitey got to be blamed" fell on Bush.

No it is not the same..

You can't be that ignorant of America's racial history....can you? BTW, if my memory serves me correctly, it was white people calling Dubya a chimp.

Look, here's the thing.

If someone called a white guy a "******", they wouldn't really be insulted, just confused.

But if you call a black guy a "******", they're going to be pissed off, and justifiably.

Now, since the term "Monkey" has a long history of being used as a racial slur, like "******", it's pretty easy to see how it's not nearly as insulting to George Bush as it is to Michelle Obama.

Anyone call me a ****** and I going to smack them and I am about as white as the come. Its an insult to a human being no matter was race.

And yes I heard quite a few black people speak of Bush in racist tones. For one, trying to blame Bush for the failures of another man that happens to be black during Katina. They couldn't face the fact a black man was at fault and "whitey got to be blamed" fell on Bush.

Thanks for clarifying that "Brownie" had nothing to do with it

Look, here's the thing.

There were three people responsible for the dismal response to Katrina. One black man, one white woman, and one white man. They ALL were responsible. Two of the three paid a political price for their ineptitude; the black man and the white woman.

And THAT was wrong, as well.

Racism is racism.

And comparing a smart, Harvard-Educated black woman to a monkey, with no apparent reason other than her race, is definitely racism.

I mean, in Bush's case, people called him "chimp" to indicate they thought of his mental capacity only, with no reference to race. Surely that was not what was intended in the statement about Ms. Obama we are referring to.

Last edited:
No it is not the same..

You can't be that ignorant of America's racial history....can you? BTW, if my memory serves me correctly, it was white people calling Dubya a chimp.

It was liberals, Don't know if they were black or white. What I do know is that they were wrong. Just like they were wrong in their racist attacks and portrayls of Condoleeza Rice, and Colin Powell. You hypocrites just ooze racism.

It was liberals, Don't know if they were black or white. What I do know is that they were wrong. Just like they were wrong in their racist attacks and portrayls of Condoleeza Rice, and Colin Powell. You hypocrites just ooze racism.

They were white. Just like the people this time. I don't know why white people feel they have to go there when dealing with black people. Is that all you guys see........skin color?

Selective equality by the left again

I choose to have the equal treatment irregardless of race... and irregardless of the derogatory term...

Again... do I think this guy was stupid as hell and that it was derogatory?? Yep... Just as it was just as derogatory when people used the same thing against Bush

Maybe I missed something...

Where were racist attacks directed at Condy Rice and Colin Powell?

And THAT was wrong, as well.

Racism is racism.

And comparing a smart, Harvard-Educated black woman to a monkey, with no apparent reason other than her race, is definitely racism.

I mean, in Bush's case, people called him "chimp" to indicate they thought of his mental capacity only, with no reference to race. Surely that was not what was intended in the statement about Ms. Obama we are referring to.

so basically what you have just said is it is A okay to call a white man a chimp in an effort to "incicate they thought of his mental capacity" but when it was done to blacks,, its was racist? So white people can have their mental capacity compared to chimps but black people cannot? You are a dammed kool aid drinking fool.

yep,, you missed something alright. you sure as hell did.

Selective equality by the left again

I choose to have the equal treatment irregardless of race... and irregardless of the derogatory term...

Again... do I think this guy was stupid as hell and that it was derogatory?? Yep... Just as it was just as derogatory when people used the same thing against Bush

I agree both were derogatory and uncalled for.

However, both do not have the same social implications

yep,, you missed something alright. you sure as hell did.

Thanks..

Could you point me to a quote where racist attacks were made against Colin Powell and Condy Rice by liberals.....it should be easy for you to do

Forum List

Back