mrs obama.

I asked about Cheeta, he beamed and said she was doing good, had married a Lawyer and now lived in the White House!!!

Reflects more on the character of the sender than Mrs Obama

I can't believe that in the 21st century he thinks "I don't care who you are- this is funny"

But it was funny when it was Bush, right? Hmmmm. I see more political point scoring than racism.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Hate to break it to you, but it is not the same thing comparing a white person to an ape as it is comparing a black person. In a simplistic observation it may appear to be the same thing....but it is not.

When blacks go through hundreds of years being called apes by whites and having their intelligence questioned and even being prohibited from eating or sleeping in the same places as whites, there is a difference. Blacks fought for decades to eliminate that stereotype...it was not applied to whites.

For someone in a position of responsibility to send it out with a "this is just funny" tag is just laughable in this day

But it was funny when it was Bush, right? Hmmmm. I see more political point scoring than racism.

That's because "Monkey" is not a racial slur that applies to old, white, moronic alcoholics.

Though perhaps it should be.

It IS, however, a racial slur concerning black folks.

But you knew that already.

Agreed that this guy should have known better

And also agreed on the hypocritical nature of the calling this 'racism'... if comparing a person a monkey is OK for one, it is OK for all.. .if it is not OK for one, it is not OK for all... the lefties on here want their cake and to eat it too

And also agreed on the hypocritical nature of the calling this 'racism'... if comparing a person a monkey is OK for one, it is OK for all.. .if it is not OK for one, it is not OK for all... the lefties on here want their cake and to eat it too

I see you live in a vacuum, huh.......

Look, here's the thing.

If someone called a white guy a "******", they wouldn't really be insulted, just confused.

But if you call a black guy a "******", they're going to be pissed off, and justifiably.

Now, since the term "Monkey" has a long history of being used as a racial slur, like "******", it's pretty easy to see how it's not nearly as insulting to George Bush as it is to Michelle Obama.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Hate to break it to you, but it is not the same thing comparing a white person to an ape as it is comparing a black person. In a simplistic observation it may appear to be the same thing....but it is not.

When blacks go through hundreds of years being called apes by whites and having their intelligence questioned and even being prohibited from eating or sleeping in the same places as whites, there is a difference. Blacks fought for decades to eliminate that stereotype...it was not applied to whites.

For someone in a position of responsibility to send it out with a "this is just funny" tag is just laughable in this day

It was applied to President Bush and last time I looked he was white. soooo and secondly I think white and black people are 99.9% genetically the same as chimps, so the application does not differ at all. this just seems to be one of those times when the dimocwats want to control what a "racist" is or izza not.. I call bullshit. it's disrespectful no matter what color the person is.

Look, here's the thing.

If someone called a white guy a "******", they wouldn't really be insulted, just confused.

But if you call a black guy a "******", they're going to be pissed off, and justifiably.

Now, since the term "Monkey" has a long history of being used as a racial slur, like "******", it's pretty easy to see how it's not nearly as insulting to George Bush as it is to Michelle Obama.

sez ewe!

Look, here's the thing.

sez ewe!

Sitcking your head in the ground doesn't change the reality that's swirling around the rest of you.

No it is not the same..

Calling black people apes and chimps has been used throughout history to denegrate and marginalize blacks. There is no similar affiliation to whites.

Forum List

Back