Mr Obama's uncle lets the cat out of the bag.

alan1

Gold Member
Dec 13, 2008
Shoveling the ashes
Newsmax.com - Obama&#39s Uncle: He&#39s Using Buchenwald for Political Purpose

Snip,
Payne told Spiegel that he was shocked to see his war experience, especially his "liberation" of a concentration camp, used in campaign commercials. He said he had never spoken with his nephew about the matter, nor did Obama ever express any interest in Payne's experience.

“I was quite surprised when the whole thing came up and Barack talked about my war experiences in Nazi Germany,” Payne said. “We had never talked about that before.”
Side note, Mr Obama also said his uncle liberated Auschwitz, it was actually Ohrdruf.

2nd snip,
“I am puzzled by intelligent people who stand by and allow their country to be taken over and run by extreme radical types,” Payne said. “I'm still somewhat puzzled by that. And I am fully aware that it could happen and has almost happened in this country. You know, I lived through the McCarthy era in the 1950s, when it was getting dangerously close to that sort of thing.”
Wow, the irony.

Well, thanks for posting the link. Anybody who bothers clicking on it can see that the Great Uncle isn't saying anything remotely bad about Obama, and that the last quote was in response to questions about his war experiences (specifically what he thought about Germans), and not anything related to Obama's use of the experience in campaign.

“I was quite surprised when the whole thing came up and Barack talked about my war experiences in Nazi Germany,” Payne said. “We had never talked about that before.”

Payne doesn’t know where Obama came up with the fictitious Auschwitz connection.

“He couldn't have gotten it from me since we had never talked about this particular episode in the war,” said Payne. “My sister and her husband were both great storytellers and sometimes made up the details to go along with it.

“They told him about my deployment with the 89th Infantry Division and apparently they mixed up a few details,” Payne said. “Of course it came out immediately that he was wrong since there are enough people in America who know that Auschwitz is in the East and that the camp was liberated by the Red Army.”

After the mistake was made, Obama called Payne to get the correct details.

“He wanted to know where this camp was that I had helped liberate,” Payne said. “I told him that it was Ohrdruf and that it was a subcamp of the Buchenwald concentration camp. I described a little bit of what I had seen.”

Payne stressed that he has no political ax to grind. He is a life-long Democrat, but said he isn’t particularly close to his famous relative.

“Our relationship is warm and friendly, but I'm not part of his inner circle. We always have an interesting chat when we get in the same room together. He doesn't call me up and ask what I have to say about world policy or anything. And I never offer my opinions on any of this.”

Well, thanks for posting the link. Anybody who bothers clicking on it can see that the Great Uncle isn't saying anything remotely bad about Obama, and that the last quote was in response to questions about his war experiences (specifically what he thought about Germans), and not anything related to Obama's use of the experience in campaign.

Payne doesn’t know where Obama came up with the fictitious Auschwitz connection.

“He couldn't have gotten it from me since we had never talked about this particular episode in the war,” said Payne. “My sister and her husband were both great storytellers and sometimes made up the details to go along with it.

“They told him about my deployment with the 89th Infantry Division and apparently they mixed up a few details,” Payne said. “Of course it came out immediately that he was wrong since there are enough people in America who know that Auschwitz is in the East and that the camp was liberated by the Red Army.”

“He wanted to know where this camp was that I had helped liberate,” Payne said. “I told him that it was Ohrdruf and that it was a subcamp of the Buchenwald concentration camp. I described a little bit of what I had seen.”

Payne stressed that he has no political ax to grind. He is a life-long Democrat, but said he isn’t particularly close to his famous relative.

“Our relationship is warm and friendly, but I'm not part of his inner circle. We always have an interesting chat when we get in the same room together. He doesn't call me up and ask what I have to say about world policy or anything. And I never offer my opinions on any of this.”

“This is a trip that he chose, not because of me I'm sure, but for political reasons,” Charles Payne told the German magazine Spiegel.

I wouldnt feel too wonderful if a family member said this about my reasonings for doing something.

Would you?

You always have to go back to the link and check the context for yourself.

“This is a trip that he chose, not because of me I'm sure, but for political reasons,” Charles Payne told the German magazine Spiegel.

I wouldnt feel too wonderful if a family member said this about my reasonings for doing something.

Would you?

Well... not really. He's saying the truth. He's taking the trip for political reasons. He's the president of your country. I'd be more worried if he wasn't. AIOSDhPSodiHDpOASIdhAPOs.

Don't get me wrong, ok, I didn't dive into the thread to defend Obama. I just thought this would be wayyyy more scathing than it actually was. Like a serious chuck-under-the-bus sorta thing. Gotta say, I was a little disappointed.

Would you?

Well... not really. He's saying the truth. He's taking the trip for political reasons. He's the president of your country. I'd be more worried if he wasn't. AIOSDhPSodiHDpOASIdhAPOs.

Don't get me wrong, ok, I didn't dive into the thread to defend Obama. I just thought this would be wayyyy more scathing than it actually was. Like a serious chuck-under-the-bus sorta thing. Gotta say, I was a little disappointed.

I can agree with that.

BTW...AIOSDhPSodiHDpOASIdhAPOs??????

Would you?

I can agree with that.

Hahaha, yeah, that must be so bizarre for people here. I have a bad habit of spazzing on the internet. I would always do it back in high-school on the messangers and it kinda caught on with most of my friends. There's no real explanation for it, it's almost like a tick, but I use it when I've said something... I'm not sure, something silly or strange, or even 'dumb'. Most people would just say "lol" after every reply, but I'd just spazz. I hated "lol".

I can agree with that.

Hahaha, yeah, that must be so bizarre for people here. I have a bad habit of spazzing on the internet. I would always do it back in high-school on the messangers and it kinda caught on with most of my friends. There's no real explanation for it, it's almost like a tick, but I use it when I've said something... I'm not sure, something silly or strange, or even 'dumb'. Most people would just say "lol" after every reply, but I'd just spazz. I hated "lol".

Touretts of the technology age??:tongue:

Forum List

Back