Mr Obama's press conference tonight

alan1

Gold Member
Dec 13, 2008
Shoveling the ashes
Mr Obama is giving a press conference tonight about his health care plan.
Do you think anybody will actually ask him any hard questions?
What question would you like to ask him?

Senator DeMint has 5,
United States Senator - Jim DeMint

1. If the major provisions of the health care bills will not kick in until 2013, four years from now, why the rush to pass a thousand-page bill before the August recess, a bill you admit that you haven’t fully read yourself?

2. You have said your health care bill will cut costs and not increase the deficit. But, independent analysis by the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office contradicts both claims, saying it will raise costs and increase the deficit by $240 billion in the first ten years. What independent analysis will you provide that supports your claims and refutes CBO’s?

3. You have repeatedly said that your health care bill allows any American who likes their current employer-based plan to keep it. But the most comprehensive independent analysis available, by the Lewin Group, contradicts your claim and found your bill will force over 80 million Americans to lose their current coverage. Will you provide independent analysis to refute this study?

4. Your own record in the Senate reveals you spent years voting against nearly every reform to make health care more affordable and accessible, but this week you said that opponents of your plan are “content to perpetuate the status quo, [and] are, in fact, fighting reform on behalf of powerful special interests.” Which specific elected officials will you cite that have proposed to keep the status quo, and is that how you characterize the opposition of the 52 Blue Dog Democrats in the House and the moderate Democrats in the Senate?

5. Yes or no question: Will you guarantee pro-life Americans that, under your plan, they will not be forced to subsidize elective abortions?

I would like to ask Obama the following question, on national TV, during the press conference. Here is my question:

Q: Mr. President. Shouldn't there be an amendment in your health care bill that requires all elected government employees, including yourself, to immediately be enrolled into the health care bill that is passed by Congress and it be illegal to obtain your medical care in any other means that is not stipulated in this bill or by any means that is not specifically outlined by this bill?

I would like to ask Obama the following question, on national TV, during the press conference. Here is my question:

Q: Mr. President. Shouldn't there be an amendment in your health care bill that requires all elected government employees, including yourself, to immediately be enrolled into the health care bill that is passed by Congress and it be illegal to obtain your medical care in any other means that is not stipulated in this bill or by any means that is not specifically outlined by this bill?

That's a winner.

Damn it! IF Fox preempts the toons I normally watch at that time to put his fugly face on again I am going to be pissed.

People are not going to be forced to take on this health care policy so I'm not sure why you want to force others to do so. Especially when you speak out against making citizens take on this health care plan. Hypocrite.

People are not going to be forced to take on this health care policy so I'm not sure why you want to force others to do so. Especially when you speak out against making citizens take on this health care plan. Hypocrite.

Perhaps you don't understand.
If the health care plan is good enough for an inner city child, why isn't it good enough for Mr Obama? What makes him or any congressman any better, or more worthy of some other health care plan?

If the health care plan is good enough for an inner city child, why isn't it good enough for Mr Obama? What makes him or any congressman any better, or more worthy of some other health care plan?

It's not about being worthy, it's about freedom of choice based on what you can afford really. Why not stop there? Why not force the rich? Why not force everybody to get the same plan than? It's a snarky smart alec of a question but the place it leads to is one that the person asking it is against.

I do realize it was a smartass question in the first place. But you're not getting the irony in the person asking it.

Edit: Obama just basically answered the question you wanted to know.

Last edited:

It's not about being worthy, it's about freedom of choice based on what you can afford really. Why not stop there? Why not force the rich? Why not force everybody to get the same plan than? It's a snarky smart alec of a question but the place it leads to is one that the person asking it is against.

I do realize it was a smartass question in the first place. But you're not getting the irony in the person asking it.

It's about choice, then why I do I not have a choice, why am I being forced to pay for somebody that can't afford it? Where the hell is my choice?
The more I have to pay for somebody else, the less choice I have to spend for myself.

It's about choice, then why I do I not have a choice, why am I being forced to pay for somebody that can't afford it? Where the hell is my choice?
The more I have to pay for somebody else, the less choice I have to spend for myself.

What the devil are you talking about? You're not being forced to pay for anyone. Unless you're talking about taxes, which in that case you believe we shouldn't pay in taxes in general. Go ahead, don't pay taxes. However, don't use the roads, don't call the cops if you need help, or the fire department if your house is burning down.

What the devil are you talking about? You're not being forced to pay for anyone. Unless you're talking about taxes, which in that case you believe we shouldn't pay in taxes in general. Go ahead, don't pay taxes. However, don't use the roads, don't call the cops if you need help, or the fire department if your house is burning down.

Sorry champ, that was a lousy diversion.

Edit:
I pay taxes for roads, cops, and fire departments--I use the road, I may need the cop or the fire department. The cop may prevent a criminal from harming me, the fire department may stop my neighbors house fire from spreading to mine. Completely different than me paying for somebody else's medical treatment.

Last edited:

It wasn't a diversion in general. Please, do show me a bill that has been passed in which YOUR taxes will be increased giving you less of a choice for health care. If you want to talk about things that you believe are going to happen, that's one thing. However, acting like they have happened is a different story. I'm willing to bet a great amount that the current bill being made will be very different from the final bill. The final bill will be a shallow, useless, watered down version of what actually needs to be done. However, it's all in the name of protecting those insurance companies bottom lines. :eusa_eh:

I watched the entire dog and pony show while I ate my supper. No, Obama did not answer the question. He tap danced all around it and never did say yes or no.

I don't consider it a snarky (whatever that means) smart alec question, or as you also label it, a smart ass question at all. What's good for the goose should be good for the gander. What I mean by this is if the President and his cohorts in Congress think this is such a great deal for America they should lead by example and have it signed into law that they themselves are enrolled into the program that will be forced upon the rest of America.

I will tell you what I did learn by watching this broadcast. That's nothing. For a complete hour I heard Obama rail on and on about how wonderful this plan will be for America but he gave absolutely no facts concerning it. Who's really covered? What will it provide for? What's it going to cost the average Joe on the street? How are we going to pay for this benefit? Obama hasn't answered even one of those questions. It's because he doesn't know. He doesn't even know what's in the bill himself. That was proven today when someone asked him a question about what was in the bill and he admitted on TV that he didn't know. Some leader.

I have followed many of your responses to various post here on the board. You beat the same old liberal sheep following drum that all the rest do. You want so badly for your government to give you something for nothing that you are willing to accept a bucket full of shit just to say you have it. I feel sorry for you.

I have followed many of your responses to various post here on the board. You beat the same old liberal sheep following drum that all the rest do. You want so badly for your government to give you something for nothing that you are willing to accept a bucket full of shit just to say you have it. I feel sorry for you.

Well thanks for categorizing and doing exactly what you wouldn't want someone to do for you. Does it make you feel any better to launch a personal attack on me? I love how you make so many assumptions in this ignorant part of your post.

I feel sorry for you, it must hurt playing the partisan game all the time huh?

I disagree. Since the bill clearly states that insurers will not be allowed to write new policies from day 1 of year 1, then employers will eventually be forced to move into the government plan. The only choice will be how long to stay with the current plan before joining Obamacare. That means if I have my policy with XYZ company on day 1, year 1, I cannot choose to switch to ZYX who offers my company a better policy on day 181 of year 1. I'm stuck with XYZ until such a point that XYZ is forced out of business because they can no longer accept new business at which point my employer is screwed and must join Obamacare.

Freedom of choice my ass.

Immie

Personally, if I decide to retire in, say, 5 1/2 years, I will have to pay health care out of my retirement. If it increases the way that it has for the last few years, add another 5 years before I can retire. If Obama is successful in reforming health care and it does kick in when he says it would, that would allow me to retire with an option to purchase a less expensive option.

The opportunity is there now, but there will need to be many hours of talks and compromises to get it done. If the GOP can slams the effort this time, voters are not going to forget. Still, if it is Obama's uncompromising postions that kill the possible reform, he will suffer. I don't see that to this point. But I do hear a lot of "Obama's Waterloo" and "this could sink him." Politics as usual may backfire.

It wasn't a diversion in general. Please, do show me a bill that has been passed in which YOUR taxes will be increased giving you less of a choice for health care. If you want to talk about things that you believe are going to happen, that's one thing. However, acting like they have happened is a different story. I'm willing to bet a great amount that the current bill being made will be very different from the final bill. The final bill will be a shallow, useless, watered down version of what actually needs to be done. However, it's all in the name of protecting those insurance companies bottom lines. :eusa_eh:

You completely tried to divert the subject at hand by bringing in other factors such as police and fire departments. Try to be intellectually honest with your debate.
I asked what question you would like to ask Mr Obama, you never addressed the original post now, did you?

Forum List

Back