MR OBAMA...you are the President of the United States - ACT LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know its bad when Europe is laughing at our incompetence. Id be hauling too if I were Hillary.

Should we be involved in this or not?

I see lots of cheap shots at Obama, and an almost total lack of ideas at what we should be doing.

Stay out and let the other 200 countries of the world take care of this one.

That's my position. I'm against the administration's actions; I'm not looking to cheapshot the president while essentially supporting what he's doing,

which appears to be a quite common approach here on USMB.

I don't hear too many progressives clamoring for war. What I hear are chicken hawks. Sitting in the safety of their living rooms urging the president to send someone else's kids to fight.

Reagan demolished the USSR without firing a shot.
And he had 281 Marines killed in Lebanon then cut and ran with his tail between his legs. What's your point?

thats not quit it. if this goes beyond 60 days, obama will fall afoul of the same mechanism Reagan had to struggle with.

Shame-on
You never have a clue do you?
Obama waited to get a hall pass from U.N. - and NOW he comes out..NOW - after Libyan forces have nearly driven opposing forces damn near to the Ocean.
He should have done this 3 weeks ago.
Attack Lybia without a declaration of war? So you really wanted the third Bush term here (in spite of the lessons learned after that goofy asshole's administration).

hello;

a)The Iraq Resolution or the Iraq War Resolution (formally the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002,[1] Pub.L. 107-243, 116 Stat. 1498, enacted October 16, 2002, H.J.Res. 114) is a joint resolution

Iraq Resolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

b) Obama has not briefed congress ala the warpowers res. act, at least I cannot find that in the msm anywhere, have you seen it?

c) speaking of said war powers act, the Balkans...hello.

d) and apparently obama has not learned the lesson it appears....

We are broke, remember? We can't afford to help the Libyan people, asshole.

Bullshit, help them, then Bill the new Government for services rendered. They are begging for help, it's not like we would be going in to a place that does not want our help. Libya has plenty of oil to pay for it.

Remember when were going to bill the Iraqis?

Bahrain and Syria have oil as well - should we intervene in those countries?

how about Yemen? they don't and Bahrain as an oil player has pretty much tapped its resources to exhaustion, thats not why we are being fantastic hypocrites vis a vis Libya etc.....

Last edited:
Should we be involved in this or not?

I see lots of cheap shots at Obama, and an almost total lack of ideas at what we should be doing.

That's my position. I'm against the administration's actions; I'm not looking to cheapshot the president while essentially supporting what he's doing,

and your ideas....are...............________________________

no whats why I mentioned it, what was their to miss, exactly? ......

President Clinton thwarting an ongoing genocide by using Air power without a single American dying.

dude thats great!!!! BUT means squat....your attempt at mitigation is, well, lame.so, the War Powers Resolution means squat, got it now....:rolleyes:

well hes got some time, but hey the NY Times ignored all the rigmarole in 99 over clintons 60 day limit and all, the msm loves Obama many more ties over will blow by this too when the time comes....glad I got you on the record though, resolutions for jews and reps means Deal!!!:deal:...dems? wellllllll not so much....thx.

Yeah..basically the war powers act means squat. It hasn't stopped shit.

And no president, none, in United States History has been denied a war if they wanted one.

President Clinton thwarting an ongoing genocide by using Air power without a single American dying.

dude thats great!!!! BUT means squat....your attempt at mitigation is, well, lame.so, the War Powers Resolution means squat, got it now....:rolleyes:

well hes got some time, but hey the NY Times ignored all the rigmarole in 99 over clintons 60 day limit and all, the msm loves Obama many more ties over will blow by this too when the time comes....glad I got you on the record though, resolutions for jews and reps means Deal!!!:deal:...dems? wellllllll not so much....thx.

Yeah..basically the war powers act means squat. It hasn't stopped shit.

please explain to me how your comment is relevant.Is it the law?

And no president, none, in United States History has been denied a war if they wanted one.

please explain to me how your comment is relevant.

and your ideas....are...............________________________

I believe he said he was against what the administration was doing...as am I. We should be doing NOTHING in Libya right now....but not interfere with what the Europeans are doing, either.

Forum List

Back