Mr Kennedy's dying wish

term limits ladies and gents-- term limits-- no more retiring on a Senate pension-- look at Byrd from W VA-- hell, Teddy wouldn't give up his seat even a week before he died-- why should this shit be the "Kennedy Seat"?-- what is this still dynasty thing?-- i lived thru all the Kennedy stuff and we loved them forever but nobody EVER loved Edward Kennedy... no one-- it's a descrace to bury him in Arlington-- Regards, probus

term limits ladies and gents-- term limits-- no more retiring on a Senate pension-- look at Byrd from W VA-- hell, Teddy wouldn't give up his seat even a week before he died-- why should this shit be the "Kennedy Seat"?-- what is this still dynasty thing?-- i lived thru all the Kennedy stuff and we loved them forever but nobody EVER loved Edward Kennedy... no one-- it's a descrace to bury him in Arlington-- Regards, probus

We already have term limits, it is called VOTING. The public has a right under the Constitution to vote for anyone qualified for the position and at the federal level the qualifications have nothing to do with how long they have already served.

If the lazy ass stupid PEOPLE would quit voting for brain dead people for office, problem solved.

snip,
Before he died last week, Kennedy had asked Massachusetts lawmakers to change state law to let the governor name an interim appointee to serve until voters can choose a permanent replacement. Current Massachusetts law does not allow an interim appointee.

The interesting thing about this is that when Massachusetts had a republican governor and John Kerry was potentially going to be the president, Mr Kennedy asked the state legislature to pass the law that prevented the governor from appointing the replacement. And that is why that law exists in Massachusetts today.

Ted Kennedy was always drunk and said the opposite of what he really meant. He was pro-life, pro gun rights and against universal health care, but the alcohol garbled the message.

LOL! :razz:

Gears move on possibly naming Kennedy replacement - Yahoo! News

snip,
Before he died last week, Kennedy had asked Massachusetts lawmakers to change state law to let the governor name an interim appointee to serve until voters can choose a permanent replacement. Current Massachusetts law does not allow an interim appointee.

The interesting thing about this is that when Massachusetts had a republican governor and John Kerry was potentially going to be the president, Mr Kennedy asked the state legislature to pass the law that prevented the governor from appointing the replacement. And that is why that law exists in Massachusetts today.

I hope Kennedy's dying wish regarding who should have the power to replace him at this time doesn't surprise you. He was fully aware that the political climate had changed and that voters held Democrats in low esteem at this time and therefore decided the voters could not be trusted to replace him with another leftwing extremist liberal.

Liberals in particular believe their ends justifies the means -always. And the more liberal extremist they are - the more they believe this to be true. They believe the rules exist to keep the other guy in check -not themselves because they are exempt and therefore the rules exist to be manipulated to their benefit and to the disadvantage of the other guy. It is absolutely no surprise whatsoever that Kennedy would request that the rules be changed IMMEDIATELY back to what they were for no other reason but to benefit Democrats again -the very same reason he wanted them changed just four years earlier. Of course Kennedy saw no problem with urging the law be changed back in order to benefit Democrats. And neither will any other leftwing extremist liberal. Only normal people can instantly recognize exactly what this request was.

If it were possible to have a lower opinion of Kennedy than I already had -this certainly would have resulted in that. But since I already thought the man was a bottom-feeding scum sucker, it had no effect on my opinion of him whatsoever.

One last drive to a bar to get drunk and womenize with the women, then pick up a few for a good time and then a short drive home!!! Then a swim after the crash!!!

Forum List

Back