Mr. Etch a Sketch: We once built the interstate highway system and the Hoover Dam!

People need to start asking republicans if they think America is worth investing in anymore and keep hammering them with it because at this point their official position seems to be a resounding NO and will continue to be NO until we give up all regulation and taxation of business, no matter how sensible, and don't forget fair labor laws and unionization, that has got to go.

While this is true, what amazes me even more, is when I have discussions with "conservatives" who claim it is not even possible to do those kind of works anymore! They claim America is the greatest country in the world while at the same time claiming we are totally incapable of building new train tracks.

:cuckoo:

Yes, for a group that harps so much on American exceptionalism, they sure are fond of selling us short.

etcha1.jpg

People need to start asking republicans if they think America is worth investing in anymore and keep hammering them with it because at this point their official position seems to be a resounding NO and will continue to be NO until we give up all regulation and taxation of business, no matter how sensible, and don't forget fair labor laws and unionization, that has got to go.

I love you progressives. Is America worth investing in? Is that your new catch phrase for "give me your money"?

Republicans ask for the removal of regulations that don't make sense and people like you accuse them of wanting to get rid of ALL regulations no matter how sensible not to mention labor laws and unionization. You know as well as I do that we're swamped with asinine regulations passed by idiots that were supposed to solve problems but only caused new ones. A "sensible" person would understand that getting rid of those kinds of regulations would free the economy up to grow.

I love you progressives. Is America worth investing in? Is that your new catch phrase for "give me your money"?

Republicans ask for the removal of regulations that don't make sense and people like you accuse them of wanting to get rid of ALL regulations no matter how sensible not to mention labor laws and unionization. You know as well as I do that we're swamped with asinine regulations passed by idiots that were supposed to solve problems but only caused new ones. A "sensible" person would understand that getting rid of those kinds of regulations would free the economy up to grow.

Except that's not been the effect. Usually, when you have deregulation, you get bad behavior.

I think a large part of the problem isn't necessarily the regulation but the lack of enforcement.

Not one person has gone to prison for the 2008 crash yet. Not. A. Single. One.

Dean serious question.....would you ever bad mouth a Democrat for fucking someone over?.....how about for stating a lie?....how about for helping him/herself while fucking over the country?....or are you so fucking programed with Democratic bullshit that you cant see any further than what they allow you to see?.....

Sure, I've bad mouthed Democrats. They are called "Conservative" Blue Dogs and they vote Republican, they just don't like Republicans.

thats not what i mean Dean.....your against them because they dont agree with you.....i asked if you have bad mouthed any Democrats for fucking someone over?.....how about for stating a lie?....how about for helping him/herself while fucking over the country?......

The interstate highway system was a republican plan developed during the Eisenhower administration.

Yes, and paid for with taxes which were more than 90% rate on the wealthiest Americans under Eisenhower. And still they rode in private jets and lived in mansions. And it proved that business and government can work together.

Course, in the 60's, conservatives fled the Democratic Party and swelled the ranks of the Republican Party. Which is why today, it's 90% white and stupid as fuck.

and 6% scientist.....dont forget that....

With Government backing, we threw railroads across a vast untamed continent. We created the first people where the majority finished secondary school after WW1. We built the vast Interstate System. And we went to the Moon, built computers, and created the internet.

Yet, today, the 'Conservatives' actually claim that the government of our nation has never done anything right. And is incapable of doing anything right. Well, in their hands that would be the truth.

New York's got many capital improvements going on thanks to the stimulus.

How many are going on in Republican states?

Meh, typical lefties.... grabbing other people's money.

And yet, it's the Red States whose economies are kept afloat by Blue States. Not something even you can deny after the mountain of evidence that's been posted.

Yeah all those bankrupt blue states. But the real fact is your whole way of thinking is wrong. States don't pay taxes. Individuals pay taxes. States don't receive the benefits, individuals do. When you post the evidence based on this fact that supports your retarded mantra, then maybe someone will take you seriously.

Republicans work for insurance and oil companies. At least that's who they get their orders (and cash) from. They want America to be another China and or India. Their incredibly dumb downed flock support them all the way no matter what. No regulations, no workers rights, no SS, no Medicare...yeah that's the ticket.

Dean serious question.....would you ever bad mouth a Democrat for fucking someone over?.....how about for stating a lie?....how about for helping him/herself while fucking over the country?....or are you so fucking programed with Democratic bullshit that you cant see any further than what they allow you to see?.....

Let us know when a dem lies us into war, kills 4000+ of our troops, kill over 100,000 innocent civilians and commits the country to spending 3 TRILLION DOLLARS FOR NOTHING!

THEN you have the right to come back and bitch about equivalence.

While this is true, what amazes me even more, is when I have discussions with "conservatives" who claim it is not even possible to do those kind of works anymore! They claim America is the greatest country in the world while at the same time claiming we are totally incapable of building new train tracks.

And I ask myself how that's even remotely possible? Yet there they are.

And I ask myself how that's even remotely possible? Yet there they are.

They seem to think it is an excuse to rob them of their precious money, would it be wrong to hope that an inadequate 100 year-old sewer backs up into their house? Karma is hardly ever that precise but we can only hope.

Let us know when a dem lies us into war, kills 4000+ of our troops, kill over 100,000 innocent civilians and commits the country to spending 3 TRILLION DOLLARS FOR NOTHING!

THEN you have the right to come back and bitch about equivalence.

so like Dean your just another programed Democrat afraid to answer the Questions asked.....LBJ was responsible for many people dying and was responsible for close to 50,000 of our troops dying.....now dipshit.....will you now say that NO Democrat has ever fucked someone over?.....has NEVER lied to the people?.....has NEVER helped himself out even if the Country or the Community they represent has taken a hit because of their greed?...or like your Buddy Dean you can only see as far as they will allow you to see....when you can be your own person and actually be free to bad mouth your side,then you can jump into this conversation.....until then ....blow me....

With Government backing, we threw railroads across a vast untamed continent. We created the first people where the majority finished secondary school after WW1. We built the vast Interstate System. And we went to the Moon, built computers, and created the internet.

Yet, today, the 'Conservatives' actually claim that the government of our nation has never done anything right. And is incapable of doing anything right. Well, in their hands that would be the truth.

Well, gee...Old Rocks..."today" the government of our nation gives us "Fast & Furious", Solyndra and the Chevy Volt. We've got a Secretary of the Treasury who can't figure out Turbo Tax. We've got a Secretary of Energy who wants to raise the cost of energy. We've got a President who can't give us a budget. And we've got YOU telling us that we shouldn't worry about any of that?

Right...

We don't "think" the government is capable of doing anything right BECAUSE THEY KEEP PROVING THAT TO BE THE CASE!!!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back