MP3 Player Question

514NMh-a6eL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Excellent! No pretty red bow required.

Because... it already looks like a pretty red bow.

Well obviously I've been doing some research since starting this thread and finally decided on and ordered a factory refurbished Sony Walkman NWZS545RED 16 GB Video MP3 Player.

514NMh-a6eL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Product Features

16 GB capacity for about 4,000 songs
Up to 42 hours of audio or 6.5 hours of video on a single charge
2.4-inch, 262,144-color LCD with 240 x 320 QVGA pixel resolution
Supports MP3, WMA (DRM), AAC, and Linear PCM audio formats; AVC, MPEG-4, and WMV (DRM) video formats; JPEG image files
One-year limited warranty; 1 year parts, 90 days labor

Technical Details

Brand Name: Sony
Model: NWZS545RED
Digital Storage Capacity: 16 GB
Color Name: Red
Battery Average Life: 50.0 Hours
Display Size: 2.400 inches
Hardware Platform: Pc
Length: 0.4 inches
Width: 2.0 inches
Weight: 2.4 pounds
Seems pretty nice. About the only feature I look for that it lacks is bluetooth. I don't like the wire hanging from the headset which has a habit of catching on things. I use a stereo bluetooth headset with my mp3 player.

An mp3 player is just a mini computer, only stupider.
Hell it's not even that. It's just a freakin' storage device.

I'm beginning to think that you just don't like Christmas.
Are you a goddamn Commie or somethin'? :D

It's the terminology I was unfamiliar with, that's all. When you don't have a basis of understanding it's kinda difficult to know what it all is referencing. Imagine a typical user being instructed by a tech to look in 'My Computer'..........
Helpdesk: Double click on "My Computer"
User: I can't see your computer.
Helpdesk: No, double click on "My Computer" on your computer.
User: Huh?
Helpdesk: There is an icon on your computer labeled "My Computer". Double click on it.
User: What's your computer doing on mine?

Or you wouldn't get this joke if you didn't know what chmod is.
"Yo moma is such a whore, if she was a chmod she'd be 777 because everyone has access..."

Really depends on what you want.

iPod = pretty much bound to iTunes and their high prices and Apple's morality clause.. requires iTunes installed... ewww. Plus costs half a leg. Upside it is "easy" to use

Other MP3s... can go from cheap to semi expensive, most are far more affordable than an iPod. Also you are not bound by iTunes or the iTunes store and can buy pretty much where you want, at cheaper prices. Downside is that it does require some technical knowledge.. like how to move files on your pc.

Forum List

Back