MP3 Player Question

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
My wife wants a MP3 player, I know little to nothing about them but I've found this at Amazon, great reviews.
She want's to copy all of her CDs to the player.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Archos-Gmini-Digital-Audio-Jukebox/dp/B0002U0JPE/ref=sr_1_16?s=mp3&ie=UTF8&qid=1322882320&sr=1-16"]http://www.amazon.com/Archos-Gmini-Digital-Audio-Jukebox/dp/B0002U0JPE/ref=sr_1_16?s=mp3&ie=UTF8&qid=1322882320&sr=1-16[/ame]

aside from them being all 'used'....*shrugs*

what? no Ipod?

This is a $180 item for $45 shipped from an 'excellent' Amazon dealer and the product reviews are 4 1/2 stars.

Product Features

Archos 500637 Gmini 400 20 GB Digital Audio/Video Jukebox
Hard drive-based digital audio and video player and gaming device
20 GB hard drive stores up to 300 hours of music
Play MPEG4 video back on the 2.2-inch LCD or connect to a TV
Built-in CompactFlash slot

Technical Details

Brand Name: Archos
Model: 500637.00
Digital Storage Capacity: 20.0 GB
Supported Standards: MP3, WMA, WAV, Other Audio Formats, WMA DRM
Hardware Platform: PC, Mac
Battery Average Life: 10 Hours
Audio Input: Built-in Microphone
Component Type: Digital Player, Voice Recorder
Color Name: Silver
Audio Output Mode: Stereo

41z8UNO9AeL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

what? no Ipod?

This is a $180 item for $45 shipped from an 'excellent' Amazon dealer and the product reviews are 4 1/2 stars.

Product Features

Technical Details

yea I saw it, seems cool. I kind of shy away from used electronics though...but thats just me.

what? no Ipod?

Product Features

Technical Details

yea I saw it, seems cool. I kind of shy away from used electronics though...but thats just me.

I've been buying used electronics, cars, etc most of my life and have never had a single issue with any of them as long as the dealer is reputable. What's great is that I get these items at what I actually think they're worth. :dunno:

Product Features

Technical Details

I've been buying used electronics, cars, etc most of my life and have never had a single issue with any of them as long as the dealer is reputable. What's great is that I get these items at what I actually think they're worth. :dunno:

this one is going to be a bomb, you're due...don't do it rangel..for the love of god....don't!!!!!!!!!!!

Not understanding something here. You copy the songs on the CDs to your computer, then you copy 'em to your MP3 player.
:eusa_eh:
Are you saying that's how it's done or are you asking a question?

that's how I did it. drag and drop. works like a champ.

That much I figured out. Maybe I worded it wrong but the question was about the actual player I posted, personal impressions.... good..... bad..... find a better one at a comparable price?
My experience with MP3 players and their specs is:

($*(&%$ MP3 %((*%##&()%^#$ 8GB )^T%$&**&&$$##^^*&&%#(. Music *%$*)_(*&* Video.....................

Knew I shoulda kept shut and moved on. Sorry man, my mp3 is old and cheap, can't help you. I do know this:

A happy woman is a friendly woman. Whatever it takes my froend.

If it's not an iTunes dedicated device, go for it. Plug it in to your computer and it recognises it as an exteral storage device. Drag, drop, lather rinse repeat. :thup:

Ringel in the Holidays!

this one is going to be a bomb, you're due...don't do it rangel..for the love of god....don't!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh I've had my share of bombs in the past when I've not done my research, didn't read the description completely or bought from a less then reputable dealer because I didn't check him/her out and didn't have a company like amazon as a go between in case there's issues.
Chalked it up to a learning experience, especially on Ebay........ :lol:

If it's not an iTunes dedicated device, go for it. Plug it in to your computer and it recognises it as an exteral storage device. Drag, drop, lather rinse repeat. :thup:

Ringel in the Holidays!

Here's the support standards, don't know if that answers your statement.

I'm surely no expert, Shirley- but it appears that this device will fill the bill.
It may be necessary to convert the songs from the CD's to a compressed format which is no big deal. Does this contraption come with any software?

Whatever you choose- just wrap a pretty red bow around it. That works for cars as well as MP3 players. :D

You're the one that's been advising us on computers. Hell, thanks to you I worked out some pain in the ass bugs from my laptop. And you're lamenting over a $45 mp3 player?

Before you decide- for the hell of it- go to Best Buy and tell them what you're looking for. No bells and whistles shit. It never hurts to ask.

I went to Best Buy looking for some video editing/movie maker sofware. I walked toward the checkout with a $200 dollar purchase under my arm. Some guy stopped me and said "may I help you?" Told him what I wanted to do and he said oh no come back here. This is all you need. $49 out the door and yes it really was all I needed. I've had more than a couple such experiences there.

If all else fails- just remember the pretty red bow.

You're the one that's been advising us on computers. Hell, thanks to you I worked out some pain in the ass bugs from my laptop. And you're lamenting over a $45 mp3 player?

Before you decide- for the hell of it- go to Best Buy and tell them what you're looking for. No bells and whistles shit. It never hurts to ask.

I went to Best Buy looking for some video editing/movie maker sofware. I walked toward the checkout with a $200 dollar purchase under my arm. Some guy stopped me and said "may I help you?" Told him what I wanted to do and he said oh no come back here. This is all you need. $49 out the door and yes it really was all I needed. I've had more than a couple such experiences there.

If all else fails- just remember the pretty red bow.

Computers I know...... years of learning and experience........ MP3s I have absolutely no experience with nor have I ever researched them before, never wanted or needed one.

Well obviously I've been doing some research since starting this thread and finally decided on and ordered a factory refurbished Sony Walkman NWZS545RED 16 GB Video MP3 Player.

514NMh-a6eL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Product Features

16 GB capacity for about 4,000 songs
Up to 42 hours of audio or 6.5 hours of video on a single charge
2.4-inch, 262,144-color LCD with 240 x 320 QVGA pixel resolution
Supports MP3, WMA (DRM), AAC, and Linear PCM audio formats; AVC, MPEG-4, and WMV (DRM) video formats; JPEG image files
One-year limited warranty; 1 year parts, 90 days labor

Technical Details

Brand Name: Sony
Model: NWZS545RED
Digital Storage Capacity: 16 GB
Color Name: Red
Battery Average Life: 50.0 Hours
Display Size: 2.400 inches
Hardware Platform: Pc
Length: 0.4 inches
Width: 2.0 inches
Weight: 2.4 pounds

An mp3 player is just a mini computer, only stupider.
Hell it's not even that. It's just a freakin' storage device.

I'm beginning to think that you just don't like Christmas.
Are you a goddamn Commie or somethin'? :D

Forum List

Back