Moving Sale :-(

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
Between needing $$ and not wanting to move things yet again that I rarely use, I'm letting go of a few things, and unfortunately for me at drastically reduced prices.

My Bowflex Power Pro - It's been a great coat hanger and seat cushion when I have company but sadly it deserves a better home before it dies of stiffness due to lack of use. Purchased a few years ago for $1200 and selling for $400.

HoMedics Shiatsu Massage Chair AntiGravity Recliner - Was great for all of about 2 days and I got bored with it. A few fat asses plopped on it when visiting to try it out but other than that it was used as a cat/dog bed. Purchased less than 6 months ago for $399 and selling for $200.

Mongoose Solution - Purchased this at Sports Authority awhile back for $200 (retail $599 but it was after holiday super sale). Rode it very rarely and it's in excellent condition. Selling for $300.

Bose Wave Radio/CD - Purchased a few years ago for $499. Excellent sound quality, radio & cd player, remote control, connections for external devices. Selling for $200.

Pictures here:
http://www.imagehostingsite.com/pf.php?fid=279

The reason I'm posting this here is for a little feedback. I'm just curious if you think these prices are fair? All sales would be concluded locally this way buyer can examine my claims before deciding to purchase. I'm no salesman but I'm hoping I'm within the proper range.

jimnyc said:
Bose Wave Radio/CD - Purchased a few years ago for $499. Excellent sound quality, radio & cd player, remote control, connections for external devices. Selling for $200.

i am interested in the Bose Cd player (have wanted one for a while). is there a way you take credit cards or just a check would do? I have a good-standing paypal account, and I am sure you do as well. Would that work, hun?

fuzzykitten99 said:
i am interested in the Bose Cd player (have wanted one for a while). is there a way you take credit cards or just a check would do? I have a good-standing paypal account, and I am sure you do as well. Would that work, hun?
Fight me for the Bose! :bat:

J/K
:tng:
But Boses are awesome!

fuzzykitten99 said:
You're on!
Hey guys! CHICK FIGHT!
:bat:
:backing off: Uhh... really, I was just kidding, Fuzzy. I'm no match for a hormone-fueled preggie.

:fifty:

:tng:

I think the moral to this thread, Jim, is that you'll be able to move your stuff at a much higher price if you get a couple women to chick fight in front of it.

fuzzykitten99 said:

I would have been happy to work out anything with you, and would have preferred to sell it to you at a discounted rate. Unfortunately, I placed my ads much earlier than my post here and received 19 replies from Craigslist alone so far! Before I read your reply a little earlier I had already been in contact with 2 gentlemen. Not one to back out on a proposed deal, one guy just came and picked it up a short while ago. I guess I shouldn't have been so quick to sell but I'm getting nervous with my impending move approaching.

Sorry. :(

jimnyc said:
I would have been happy to work out anything with you, and would have preferred to sell it to you at a discounted rate. Unfortunately, I placed my ads much earlier than my post here and received 19 replies from Craigslist alone so far! Before I read your reply a little earlier I had already been in contact with 2 gentlemen. Not one to back out on a proposed deal, one guy just came and picked it up a short while ago. I guess I shouldn't have been so quick to sell but I'm getting nervous with my impending move approaching.

Like your style...sale to the first dude that comes up with the cash...Patton rocks BS walks!

archangel said:
Like your style...sale to the first dude that comes up with the cash...Patton rocks BS walks!

That's correct, it's all about the Benjamins! and here they are... The Bose and the Bowflex are gone. You'll notice there are only 5 bills, I spent the other on a cheap hooker. :)

Nah, had to pickup my meds and had to break one. At least I'm over the hump for the last months rent, now I need a gazillion more to make my transition a success! LOL

is.php

jimnyc said:

hey, don't worry about it. no biggie, don't feel bad. its your stuff and someone else beat me to it. that's life...

Good thing I read through the thread, I was about to offer on the Bowflex....

My fat ass isn't getting enough excercise from the treadmill alone....

Forum List

Back