Moving Ground Zero Mosque: National Security Threat?

Ozmar

This tree will shoot you.
Aug 25, 2010
North Carolina
Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, the religious leader behind the proposed Islamic Center near Ground Zero yesterday spoke to CNN about the controversy.

Imam Rauf now says he regrets the choice of a site so close to Ground Zero: "If I knew that this would happen, cause this kind of pain I wouldn't have done it."

Despite his regret, Rauf now says that the Islamic center must move forward, due to the potential for violent backlash if it is halted.

"Our national security now hinges on how we negotiate this, how we speak about it."
Under God: Imam Rauf: National security hinges on mosque debate - Elizabeth Tenety

In other words, our free society will be bullied and threatened by radical Islam if the mosque is not built. This does seem like we've opened a pandora's box on this one. Do we as a society really pander to radical Islam? In a free society, do we really get forced to say "yes, that mosque must go up there" lest we be threatened by these fanatics? We are in a lot of trouble, America. This is a testing of the waters.

This is the sheikh or whatever he is has the nerve to nonchalantly state that this situation might become a threat to national security after he instigated the whole situation!

The Imam? I've never felt closer to Satan, than listening to him on the news today. I need a shower.

The Imam.

He was surprised by the outcry, but he can't withdraw now because it would result in Muslims attacking and posing a SECURITY RISK.

Gosh, isn't that what we were saying all along? It's a security risk ANYWAY.

Fuck them. We need to burn their korans and tie dogs and pigs outside their mosques. This is ridiculous.

Just more threats from the radical imam. Is it any wonder that this administration will get hurled out of office in 2012.

I fail to see the relevance of this response. Can you stick to the topic of the thread please?

I was simply stating the correlations of this administration's sympathy towards islam and how this is one of many exhibits that will bring it down in a couple of years. I agree with your postulations and stance.

Just more threats from the radical imam. Is it any wonder that this administration will get hurled out of office in 2012.

I fail to see the relevance of this response. Can you stick to the topic of the thread please?

I was simply stating the correlations of this administration's sympathy towards islam and how this is one of many exhibits that will bring it down in a couple of years. I agree with your postulations and stance.

I don't believe I mentioned the administration in my original post. I think the issue here is the arrogance of this Imam, and nothing to do with your imaginary links between the administration and sympathy to Islam.

I would expect an Imam to be very convinced in his beliefs. I would say conviction and not arrogance. I am convinced we should send him out of the US without a passport.

Well this administration did refuse to comment on the wisdom of building a mosque at ground zero...

But had no problem speaking on the wisdom of burning the koran...and then sending FBI thugs to intimidate the pastor.

So I think it is relevant.

I would expect an Imam to be very convinced in his beliefs. I would say conviction and not arrogance. I am convinced we should send him out of the US without a passport.

We already sent him to the middle east on a fund-raising junket. I doubt he needs a passport.

Well this administration did refuse to comment on the wisdom of building a mosque at ground zero...

But had no problem speaking on the wisdom of burning the koran...and then sending FBI thugs to intimidate the pastor.

Perhaps you should make a thread about those disparities you perceive there to be.

I don't believe I mentioned the administration in my original post. I think the issue here is the arrogance of this Imam, and nothing to do with your imaginary links between the administration and sympathy to Islam.

That's your opinion. But yes, this admin is overly sympathetic to islam. Now, for the arrogance, if this imam thinks that our national security is in danger if this mosque is moved and not built at the current location AND we go along with this theory then yes, we're in more trouble than I thought.

Last edited:

Perhaps you should make a thread about those disparities you perceive there to be.

Why, when there's this thread?

Not sure where you're going with your attempts at corraling the convo, but this is an open messageboard. If you want to edit the commentary, get your own messageboard and populate it with people who will only speak on cue.

In other words, our free society will be bullied and threatened by radical Islam if the mosque is not built. This does seem like we've opened a pandora's box on this one. Do we as a society really pander to radical Islam? In a free society, do we really get forced to say "yes, that mosque must go up there" lest we be threatened by these fanatics? We are in a lot of trouble, America. This is a testing of the waters.

What in the hell did you expect?:confused:
They have every right to build the mosque where they want within zoning laws and the monetary resources to do so. That being said, from what I've read, they wanted it to open on 9/11, as a "commemoration". Come on, if they were really concerned about how people felt about it, would they have pushed the issue in the first place?
I'm not a Christian nor a Muslim, and I don't care when, where or if they build it, but to think that this was all just coincidence is silly imo.

That's your opinion.
Which is just as valid as anyone else's, so stop with the dismissiveness.
But yes, this admin is overly sympathetic to islam.
That's you opinion. Misplaced considering the topic of the thread.
Now, for the arrogance, if this imam thinks that our national security is in danger if this mosque is built AND we go along with this theory then yes, we're in more trouble than I thought.
I agree.

What in the hell did you expect?:confused:
An adult reply, for one.
They have every right to build the mosque where they want within zoning laws and the monetary resources to do so.
That's not the issue. The issue (if you had bothered to read, which obviously you haven't) is that this imam is basically saying making a preemptive threat if his little mosque dream doesn't go ahead.
That being said, from what I've read, they wanted it to open on 9/11, as a "commemoration". Come on, if they were really concerned about how people felt about it, would they have pushed the issue in the first place?
I'm not a Christian nor a Muslim, and I don't care when, where or if they build it, but to think that this was all just coincidence is silly imo.
None of this is a coincidence.

This is not opening Pandora's box. Pandora opened the box because curiosity got the better of her. We know what's in the box.

Forum List

Back