Moving Day for Bluebirds!

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Dec 17, 2009

I had to take these through a screen that had increasing amounts of sunlight on it. I couldn't close the screen or they would have flown away.

I have had a variety of birds live in my bird house over the years. This is the first time they have been blue. I hope they will be very happy there~!

They're bluebirds.

I have never heard of a dirt dobber. Google just shows wasps under that name.

Oooohhh...

I've heard of them but they must be called something else...I still can't find any images under that name. (Except wasps).

I had to take these through a screen that had increasing amounts of sunlight on it. I couldn't close the screen or they would have flown away.

I have had a variety of birds live in my bird house over the years. This is the first time they have been blue. I hope they will be very happy there~!
Congratulations on some very gorgeous birds, Sunshine. I spent an hour on my covered front porch watching birds at the feeders. We had cardinals, bluejays, black-capped chickadees, at least one cedar waxwing, several tufted titmice, tiny little brown birds with a slight build, a goldfinch, sparrows, and a painted bunting whose coloration was quite startling. They liked the fruit and nut food. I put it at the bottom and regular chow at the top for songbirds. I heard, but did not see an owl, warblers of several types. Some birds are too shy to visit when I'm out on the porch, but I saw a yellow-bellied sapsucker from inside the house at the south side feeder. He was gorgeous and knew it, but kept his visit short and sweet. I think their particular need is protein, supplemented by a few easy seeds. There were so many birds chattering at one point, the feeders that were full today will be empty tomorrow.

Thanks for sharing your blue birds. They are truly beautiful creatures. Think they arrived here shortly before the blackberries fruited. I've never seen so many blackberries, but by the time I got out to pick them, we barely had half a cup between us, so I cooked and put them on ice cream. The bluebirds will clean the best patches down to the stems, little twits. :) Not to mention the other birds that love them--especially cardinals and jays. And every type of bird I have no clue what their names are.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back