Movies You Have Enjoyed

Treasure of the Sierra Madre (1948)

The-Treasure-of-the-Sierra-Madre-2.jpg

Just saw "This Is The End" the other night. There's 90 mins of my life I'll never get back. :)

"Streets of Fire" is a fave, very rewatchable, great music. Little campy a lot of the dialogue, but forgiveable.

I normally don't post on threads like this but will now.

Saw White House Down after the Super Dud Bowl.

A lot of action.
Some good acting.
An interesting plot line.
Expected ending.

I especially liked the little girl, Emma. She was pretty good.

I'd rate it 4.5 out of 5. :clap2:

I watched "Side Effects" on Netflix.

This was a surprisingly good film with a lot of twists. Though not entirely original, it borrows some major plot elements from other films, but Jude Law is superb and makes the movies his own. The initial focus is on the effects anti-depressants have on people, some of them fatal. But the film takes a turn and is in the end a thriller.

I found it a top notch film.

Amelie, the French film of a few years ago.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q537310azE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q537310azE[/ame]

The Dictator made me laugh so hard and so long I had to stop the video until I could once again regain my composure.

Funniest movie scene I've ever seen.

Watch this and tell me you didn't cry with laughter.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFCEBWkLwqc]The Dictator "Helicopter" Extended Clip Official 2012 [1080 HD] - Sacha Baron Cohen - YouTube[/ame]

Has anyone liked Johnny Knoxville's, Bad Grampa? I like that character's reality pranks in episodes of Jackass. And I can appreciate that kind of humor as well as other forms and expressions of comedy.

The ones I can't stand are these two British comics.

Russell Brand. Hate him. Hate his attitude and look. Hate that Katy Perry found him attractive.

Ricky Gervais. Hate him. Hate his attitude. Hate that Jerry Seinfeld included him in a recent episode of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee. He produced a reality series that was so ugly in attitude and spirit I refused to ever watch a single episode. He finds a guy who is not very bright and seems to just insult the shit out of this earnest looking dullard. But the insults aren't the show's Unique Selling Proposition. They send the dullard (named Carl) to various places to perform certain acts or jobs or go through certain experiences with the sole purpose of showing how dumb Carl is. The poor guy is just being publicly insulted and victimized for Gervais' entertainment and profit.

He's an unfunny, mean spirited little fuck, I think

How do I know this much about the show? I saw clips played when he was guest on some of the talk shows.

Last edited:
It's tough for me to pick one singular favorite. It's tough for me even to pick 25 or less favorites.

The best I can do is limit myself to picking 12.

My list goes a little something like this (in no specific order):

1.) WarGames — Birth of the age of personal computing meets Cold War doomsday clock.

2.) Scent of a Woman — It's nice to have a bit of that antiquated concept of integrity.

3.) Paper Moon — A humorous take on the characters in the American Midwest who suffered through The Great Depression.

4.) The Breakfast Club — I'm not sure if there has ever been any other film that combines sociology and anthropology at the micro level and psychology at both personal and group levels any better than this scintillating gem.

5.) American Beauty — The typical dysfunctional, suburban middle-class American family.

6.) The Passion of the Christ — I watch it every time I think things can't possibly get any worse for me, i.e. when I'm thinking the grass is greener everywhere but my neck of the woods. (Thank You, precious Jesus Christ my Saviour, for loving me.)

7.) Cool Hand Luke — For all of us who march to the beat of a different drummer, so to speak. For us who don't like to play by the rules when we have questions about who made the rules.

8.) The Outlaw Josey Wales — I thank God for the brave Americans who fought to survive in the lawlessness of The Reconstruction in the Southern U.S.

9.) Tie, Quo Vadis and Schindler's List — The chronicle of the birth of my Faith; the horror of the nightmarish way a charismatic, Satan-worshipping, demon-possessed madman was able to camouflage himself under my Faith's cloak and forever scar it.

10.) Roots (miniseries) — See my description of number six above.

11.) Event Horizon — Just for the hell of it.

12.) Three-way tie: Traffic, Deep Cover and Training Day — Why the U.S. Drug War is a farce, and the prison-industrial complex a sad reality that the U.S. federal government will never admit.

Last edited:
Watched LAST VEGAS last night. Hilarious!

Also watched ENDERS GAME. Good illustration of how the government deceives even the kids.

I watched NEBRASKA last night. It was like watching the corn grow. The best part of the movie was when the old lady showed her pussy to the dead guy in the cemetery.

Last edited:
Enjoyed Non-Stop. Typical Liam Neeson movie. Nothing earth shattering but enjoyable.

Rented a movie called Chloe...with Amanda Seyfried, Julianne Moore, and Liam Neeson. Really good.

Forum List

Back