Movies You Have Enjoyed

the last one is "Giuseppe Moscati: L'amore che guarisce"(italian). The movie is about doctor of 20th century, who is the catholic saint now. The history of his life in about 3 hours. A bit like soap opera, but nevertheless contains moving moments.

Been on an "end-of-the-world" film kick recently.
Over the past few weeks I took in Omega Man, (the Charlton Hesston classic), Kubrick's Dr. Stangelove, (Well boys, it looks like toe to toe newclear war with the Russkies), a made for TV film from the 80's Special Bulletin and most recently, thanks to TMC, Fail Safe.

amadeus-poster.jpg

Watched Saving Mr. Banks last night. A very very good movie about what it took to get the writer to agree to let Walt Disney make the film. I was surprised at how good it was.

I rate it as one of the better films of last year.

4 out of 5 stars for me. Likely the second best movie from the year.
I agree. Some of the Disney movies surprise me. This one did . So did the new version of The Jingle Book.

Dangerous Liaisons/Film synopsis

upload_2016-7-26_9-5-24.jpeg
The Marquise de Merteuil (Glenn Close) and the Vicomte de Valmont (John Malkovich) display the petty jealousies and jaded insouciance of life in France's royal court in the 18th century, casually ruining the lives of de Merteuil's young romantic rival (Uma Thurman), the music teacher (Keanu Reeves) for whom she secretly pines and the upstanding Madame de Tourvel (Michelle Pfeiffer). But when actual romantic feelings begin to surface, their games take on a more treacherous air.

Forum List

Back