Movies You Have Enjoyed

Watched Saving Mr. Banks last night. A very very good movie about what it took to get the writer to agree to let Walt Disney make the film. I was surprised at how good it was.

I rate it as one of the better films of last year.

4 out of 5 stars for me. Likely the second best movie from the year.

Riddick was pretty good. Graphics and acting were above average and the movie was a pleasant mix of action and survival horror.

Babette's Feast is an older movie involving food that... well... you'd have to experience it for yourself. It's... special, and heartwarming.

Same with Eat Drink Man Woman, which is a Japanese-based movie revolving around a Japanese family. A man with 3 daughters. The father's a masterful chef, and his 3 daughters bring their own interesting perspectives to the table. He's also very conservative, and some of the moments when he learns of his daughters' trespasses are humorous. Like Babette's Feast it's a movie about food that Turner Classic Movies showcased last March. It was nothing but pleasant. Mostly Martha is yet another excellent movie about the magic of cooking.

Elysium was a nice sci-fi political thriller, and The Colony was okay I guess... Absolutely loved the Iron Man series. :D

Last edited:
I don't buy DVDs as a rule. There are very, very few movies I want to watch more than once. So my collection is very small, and very...weird.

They Live

Koyaanisqatsi

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Pulp Fiction

And...a bunch of 1970s blaxploitation films. :redface:

One of the blaxploitation fliks I have was very hard to find. I think I and just a few hundred people ever saw it back when it was in theaters.

I was an underaged white kid and had to sneak into an inner city black theater to see it at the time. :lol:

The hell was I doing?!?

Thanks for your listing of movies, g5000. I had not heard of the movie "Koyaanisqatsi" before, so looked it up, and it has a really high rating, and I read that the Premier of the movie was at Radio City Music Hall and 5,000 people attended. This will be a new movie for me to check out.

I hadn't heard of "They Live" either, and it too is rated highly and with government and media involvement with the citizens, it has to be a thriller. Going to put that in my netflix too.

I've seen The Good The Bad And The Ugly, and on IMDB, the moviegoes rated it 9 out of 10 stars. Your mention that your collection of movies is small..but you have some really good movies in it.

I only buy films I had seen earlier at the theater and really liked and have quite a few DVDs and when I get elderly, if my memory isn't good, I'll be able to watch them over and over again and they will all seem brand new to me...same with books. :)

The Good The Bad and The Ugly, bar none is probably the greatest film ever.

It's a masterpiece.

Movie Favorites:

1) Deliverance
2) Sixth Sense
3) Outlaw Josey Wales
4) Silence of the Lambs
5) Braveheart
6) Fatal Attraction
7) The Game
8) Blue Velvet
9) Saw
10) Psycho

I think you could be a dangerous person....but I did like BLUE VELVET. If Denis Hopper hadn't been an actor, he probably would have been a serial killer....I don't think he was acting.

I saw that film several hundred times..as I had to write a paper on in.

It was and is..still amazing.

Movies You Have Enjoyed

Evil Dead

Evil Dead 2 - Dead By Dawn

Army Of Darkness

I watched all of these recently, and must admit, Evil Dead was not a particularly good movie.

Evil Dead 2 was, and Army of Darkness was brilliant. But Evil Dead was pretty pathetic.

The original Evil Dead was alright, but the 2013 remake is much better.

Last edited:
Three more movies to add to a list of movies that I have enjoyed:

Conan the Barbarian

Conan the Destroyer

Red Sonja

Brigitte Neilson was hot as Red Sonja

Movie Favorites:

1) Deliverance
2) Sixth Sense
3) Outlaw Josey Wales
4) Silence of the Lambs
5) Braveheart
6) Fatal Attraction
7) The Game
8) Blue Velvet
9) Saw
10) Psycho

I think you could be a dangerous person....but I did like BLUE VELVET. If Denis Hopper hadn't been an actor, he probably would have been a serial killer....I don't think he was acting.

Dennis Hopper is and always has been one of my favorite actors. Bizarre as hell but that's what makes him fascinating to watch. I'm also a fan of Christopher Walken.

A great movie in my opinion is "At Close Range" with Christopher Walken and Sean Penn.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W84Jji0FyDk]At Close Range (1985) - Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

I thought that "Contact" with Jodie Foster was pretty interesting:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pfOFCUjmEU]Jodie Foster's mystical flight Contact - YouTube[/ame]

You could be right about Hopper. Strange but interesting.

My "dangerous" side is lived out by the movies I like so that I don't have to be dangerous in real life. My real life activities involve giving to charities; helping my neighbors; praying for the sick, elderly, orphaned, and otherwise infirm; working and paying my taxes; and generally minding my own business. However -- beware -- I do collect knives and have about 250 in my collection and I also like to target shoot. Muuuaaahahahahaha.

Just yankin yer chain. I sleep with a loaded .357, some would say that's a pretty dangerous liberal.

LOL. 12GA shotgun right by my bed and a .40 pistol about 5' away at my desk. hehehe

Dennis Hopper is and always has been one of my favorite actors. Bizarre as hell but that's what makes him fascinating to watch. I'm also a fan of Christopher Walken.

Willem daFoe

He is amazing in "The Reckoning", the movie about medieval morality players.

A murder in a town in Northumbria leads to their creation of the first non-Bible drama.

Tom Hardy is amazing in the female roles on stage.

You could be right about Hopper. Strange but interesting.

My "dangerous" side is lived out by the movies I like so that I don't have to be dangerous in real life. My real life activities involve giving to charities; helping my neighbors; praying for the sick, elderly, orphaned, and otherwise infirm; working and paying my taxes; and generally minding my own business. However -- beware -- I do collect knives and have about 250 in my collection and I also like to target shoot. Muuuaaahahahahaha.

Just yankin yer chain. I sleep with a loaded .357, some would say that's a pretty dangerous liberal.

LOL. 12GA shotgun right by my bed and a .40 pistol about 5' away at my desk. hehehe

We may get taken by the con invasion of our homes, with their assault weapons, but we'll take at least a few with us, aye.

Star Wars 1-6
Helen of Troy (2003)
Merlin (1998)
Braveheart
The Princess Bride

Last edited:

Forum List

Back