movies and christmas day

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
looking at the release dates of upcoming movies....christmas day is a popular day for release....do you plan on seeing anything and if you do, what do you plan on seeing....i am thinking about "doubt" it looks interesting....i have noted most of the movies are kinda on the negative looking side...

My 13 yo wants to see "Valkyrie," with Tom Cruise as Germany's the anti-Hitler plotter, Col. Claus Graf Schenk von Stauffenberg.

She is fascinated with WW2, and every time she sees the commercial she's like "I can't wait to see that mom!"

It won't be on Christmas Day, we are spending that with family, but it will be over our Christmas vacation sometime.

looking at the release dates of upcoming movies....christmas day is a popular day for release....do you plan on seeing anything and if you do, what do you plan on seeing....i am thinking about "doubt" it looks interesting....i have noted most of the movies are kinda on the negative looking side...

My son wants to see Marley. So that's probably our Friday. But we grownup types got a DVD of The Dark Knight and hopefully will get to watch that over the w/e, too.

i just looked at movie prices.....gosh...8 bucks a person...hello...and then i dont even wanna think of the price of popcorn and candy (who am i kidding i got a big purse for going to the movies lol)

My 13 yo wants to see "Valkyrie," with Tom Cruise as Germany's the anti-Hitler plotter, Col. Claus Graf Schenk von Stauffenberg.

She is fascinated with WW2, and every time she sees the commercial she's like "I can't wait to see that mom!"

It won't be on Christmas Day, we are spending that with family, but it will be over our Christmas vacation sometime.

It is a fascinating story. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I will when it comes on cable. I have seen some documentaries on this subject, and, considering how it turned out, von Stauffenberg should have stayed in the room with the bomb to see that it detonated as planned rather than leave. He probably would have died in that room, but it would have been far better than what eventually transpired.

They need another Black Christmas .... but not a sequel, a new murderer or something more monsterous.

A cool one would be a vampire christmas movie.

"Operation Valkyrie" is on the History Channel tonight at 8:00 PM Eastern. It is a two hour documentary. I have seen it before. It is a fascinating look into one of the attempts to kill Hitler.

I personally don't feel it's right to go to the movies on Christmas but that is because it is a religious holiday for me and I think it's important to honor that. But I don't care if other people do.

anyone go see Marley who has read the book? if so, what did you think?

We went to see "The Curious Case of Benjamin Buttons" this weekend. I think it opened on Christmas day. I have to say, it was long and not exactly what we hoped for. The cinematography was great, and it was an interesting story, but man...very depressing and sad.

It was, however, mostly filmed on location in N'Awlins, and that was cool.

We went to see "The Curious Case of Benjamin Buttons" this weekend. I think it opened on Christmas day. I have to say, it was long and not exactly what we hoped for. The cinematography was great, and it was an interesting story, but man...very depressing and sad.

It was, however, mostly filmed on location in N'Awlins, and that was cool.

I am glad you weren't harmed catzmeow!

It is a fascinating story. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I will when it comes on cable. I have seen some documentaries on this subject, and, considering how it turned out, von Stauffenberg should have stayed in the room with the bomb to see that it detonated as planned rather than leave. He probably would have died in that room, but it would have been far better than what eventually transpired.

All he needed to do was place the bomb in a slightly different location, (or not removed the second bomb, as it could have theoretically detonated from the explosion of the other bomb), and it's likely that Hitler would have been killed.

That being said, I've read of fascinating plots to kill Hitler that I was previously unaware of, such as Georg Elser's attempt to bomb him at the Burgerbraukeller, or Dr. Erwin Giesing's attempt to poison him with cocaine.

I'm still planning to see Gran Torino myself.

For those who missed the History Channel presentation of Valkyrie: The Plot To Kill Hitler, it will be on tonight on the History Channel at 8:00 PM Eastern. It is a two hour long program.

New Topics

Forum List

Back