Movie to watch ?

Blade Runner (Sci Fi / Film Noir)

Emperor of the North Pole (Action..ish)

Yellowbeard (Cheech n Chong meet Monty Python)

Something Wicked This Way Comes (Disney does a good horror flic???)

PCU (Animal House for the 1990's)

Something there should grab your attention and keep it.

That's one of the few Cruise movies I haven't seen, along with Vanilla Sky, Magnolia, and Days Of Thunder.

He was considered or offered the leads in The Matrix, The Talented Mr. Ripley, Crimson Tide, Enemy Of The State, Reign Over Me, House Of D, and End Of Days.

He goes for movies with really super strong story lines; they have a beginning, a middle, and an end and no flif fluff; no ambiguity at the end.

Vanilla Sky is pretty good; there's also the one where he met Kidman...where he's an Irish prize fighter/settler, that one is super duper cute as well, great basic love story/adventure story.

Jerry McGuire! I didn't watch that movie until like a year ago; it was just too hyped; well I LOVE it!

That's 'Far And Away', directed by Ron Howard. I like that one a lot, also, and it features Colm Meaney (Star Trek's Chief O'Brien) in a good role as the town boss.

Actually, they were already married (1990) for 'Far And Away' (1992). They met while filming 'Days Of Thunder' (1990).

I also haven't seen 'Lions For Lambs', where he co-starred with Redford and Streep, or 'Knight And Day', his 2nd movie with Cameron Diaz, from last summer, but it's in my Netflix queue.

Right now, he's filming 'Mission: Impossible IV - Ghost Protocol'.
as a side note on Far and Away. The scene where Nicole Kidman 'sneaks a peak' under the bowl, they were getting horrible reactions from her, so Ron Howard and Cruise got her off the set for a minute, Cruise stripped naked and put the bowl over himself. She removed the bowl next take... and that's the reaction they kept.

Forum List

Back