Movie to watch ?

Spartacus series, if you haven't seen it yet.

Empire of the Sun.

Dreamkeeper. Great storyline and graphics.

I'd go with the old classics.. Great Expectations.. Top Hat... Thin Man...Freaks, it's odd but interesting, Philadelphia Story with Hepburn & Grant...well that's a start..

Memorable quotes for
The Quiet Earth (1985) More at IMDbPro »

[Aiming a shotgun at a crucifix]
Zac Hobson: If you don't come out I'll shoot the kid!

Winter's Bone
Minority Report
Fifth Element, if you haven't seen it yet. It's very cute, tres cool, charming.
Secretariat was very good.
True Grit. I haven't seen it yet but heard it was really good.

a clockwork orange.
My all-time favorite movie.

Totally amazing film..

I have owned that movie for so long, and have seen it so many times (at least 30, easily, prolly more), I can recite everyone's dialogue while watching. :)

I don't know what "torrent" is but a movie I saw recently was a trip: "Eyes Wide Shut." Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise. Some very hot scenes..lol.

Another Kubrick gem. A lot of people don't like it, and it didn't get the best reviews, but I really enjoyed it, and it gets better with every viewing.

Cruise is good, and Kidman is stunning - it's the last movie that she looks really hot, and before she started the facial injections.

Minority Report

One of my favorite movies. Spielberg/Cruise. Colin Ferrell does a great American accent, considering his regular heavy Irish, and Samantha Morton (Agatha) is amazing, like in every other thing she does. If you ever get a chance, check out her portrayal of infamous British serial killer Myra Hindley in 'Longford'.

I realize that it's not fashionable to like Cruise, but I do. I've enjoyed just about every one of his movies, as batshit crazy as he is. I may be in the minority to report that. ;) His one acting downfall that continually comes through, though, is his laugh. He's an absolutely terrible fake laugher.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he's a dweeb but I like every movie I've seen him in. Even that dippy Samurai one.

I think he's a dweeb but I like every movie I've seen him in. Even that dippy Samurai one.
That's one of the few Cruise movies I haven't seen, along with Vanilla Sky, Magnolia, and Days Of Thunder.

He was considered or offered the leads in The Matrix, The Talented Mr. Ripley, Crimson Tide, Enemy Of The State, Reign Over Me, House Of D, and End Of Days.

That's one of the few Cruise movies I haven't seen, along with Vanilla Sky, Magnolia, and Days Of Thunder.

He was considered or offered the leads in The Matrix, The Talented Mr. Ripley, Crimson Tide, Enemy Of The State, Reign Over Me, House Of D, and End Of Days.

He goes for movies with really super strong story lines; they have a beginning, a middle, and an end and no flif fluff; no ambiguity at the end.

Vanilla Sky is pretty good; there's also the one where he met Kidman...where he's an Irish prize fighter/settler, that one is super duper cute as well, great basic love story/adventure story.

Jerry McGuire! I didn't watch that movie until like a year ago; it was just too hyped; well I LOVE it!

He goes for movies with really super strong story lines; they have a beginning, a middle, and an end and no flif fluff; no ambiguity at the end.

Vanilla Sky is pretty good; there's also the one where he met Kidman...where he's an Irish prize fighter/settler, that one is super duper cute as well, great basic love story/adventure story.

Jerry McGuire! I didn't watch that movie until like a year ago; it was just too hyped; well I LOVE it!

That's 'Far And Away', directed by Ron Howard. I like that one a lot, also, and it features Colm Meaney (Star Trek's Chief O'Brien) in a good role as the town boss.

Actually, they were already married (1990) for 'Far And Away' (1992). They met while filming 'Days Of Thunder' (1990).

I also haven't seen 'Lions For Lambs', where he co-starred with Redford and Streep, or 'Knight And Day', his 2nd movie with Cameron Diaz, from last summer, but it's in my Netflix queue.

Right now, he's filming 'Mission: Impossible IV - Ghost Protocol'.

Forum List

Back