Movie Review: Hereditary

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
It was well received by critics, not exactly sure why. When you find yourself laughing outloud when it is supposed to be a scary moment in the movie.... something is wrong.

This movie was a great idea.... poorly executed.
I just couldn't get into it. The mother character was overly dramatic, while the son and father were under-dramatic. I mean if you saw your dead sister clearly standing at the foot of your bed...and her head falls off...and then two arms come out of the wall and grab your head choking you - and you are clearly fully awake... I am pretty damn sure you wouldn't just go back to sleep.

Overall.... 2.5 out of 5 stars. Good for a boring rainy day and you can't find much else on.

It was well received by critics, not exactly sure why. When you find yourself laughing outloud when it is supposed to be a scary moment in the movie.... something is wrong.

I just couldn't get into it. The mother character was overly dramatic, while the son and father were under-dramatic. I mean if you saw your dead sister clearly standing at the foot of your bed...and her head falls off...and then two arms come out of the wall and grab your head choking you - and you are clearly fully awake... I am pretty damn sure you wouldn't just go back to sleep.

Overall.... 2.5 out of 5 stars. Good for a boring rainy day and you can't find much else on.

I would rather have sex then see this movie.

My fiancé and I's collective reaction to the end credits was, "What the hell did we just watch?"

Don't get me wrong, I live (partially) for horror fiction witch forces us to deeply ponder whatever dark, ensorcelled proposition it forwards. However, in the case of this flick, what it all boiled down to was a series of on their own uninteresting mish mashed sub-stories; alone or collectively lacking in their either capacity for jump scares or potentially psychologically horrifying climaxes at the end of plotlines hard to follow or care about.

I recommend The Innkeepers or It Follows over this whatever it was intended to inherit plot soup.

My fiancé and I's collective reaction to the end credits was, "What the hell did we just watch?"

Don't get me wrong, I live (partially) for horror fiction witch forces us to deeply ponder whatever dark, ensorcelled proposition it forwards. However, in the case of this flick, what it all boiled down to was a series of on their own uninteresting mish mashed sub-stories; alone or collectively lacking in their either capacity for jump scares or potentially psychologically horrifying climaxes at the end of plotlines hard to follow or care about.

I recommend The Innkeepers or It Follows over this whatever it was intended to inherit plot soup.

YOu seen this one?...... fantastic flick..

YOu seen this one?...... fantastic flick..

No I haven't, thanks. We've been mostly revisiting old stuff like John Carpenter flicks and we also watched this last night:

and this:

Forum List

Back