Movie "Giant" (1956)

mhansen2

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
South Dakota
I just watched the classic film "Giant" about a rich Texas oil family and during a parade the white star on the Texas flag was shown upside down. The color stripes are all correct, so the flag itself wasn't upside down-only the star. Is there a meaning or was it just a Hollywood screw-up?

I just watched the classic film "Giant" about a rich Texas oil family and during a parade the white star on the Texas flag was shown upside down. The color stripes are all correct, so the flag itself wasn't upside down-only the star. Is there a meaning or was it just a Hollywood screw-up?
I thought it was the star of David?

You werent' the first to notice.

Factual errors
In the Jett Rink Airport opening day parade, there are riders on horseback carrying an American flag, and a Texas flag. The American flag being carried has 37 stars (should have been 48), and the lone star on the Texas flag is upside down (the stripes are right side up).

From the IMDB page

Forum List

Back