Movie credits today go on for 10 minutes

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
even for Citizen Kane, Casablanca and Gone With The Wind - they were rarely over 2 minutes

They tthank everybody today it seems

If you worked on a movie wouldn't you want a mention? :eusa_think: Besides, theres a lot more technical work that goes into movies now.

I noticed that myself. I guess instead of paying the help as much as the "stars" Hollywood gives everyone star billing.

Big video games are the same way, thousands of people are named in the credits. Video games use to not even have credits.

even for Citizen Kane, Casablanca and Gone With The Wind - they were rarely over 2 minutes

Big studios ran the show back then. They answered to nobody and could do what they wanted.

Notice there were way fewer Academy Award categories back then as well.

do we need to know who the caterers are??????????????????????????????/

Big studios ran the show back then. They answered to nobody and could do what they wanted.

Notice there were way fewer Academy Award categories back then as well.[/QUOT

It's an interesting point. Apparently unions have a strong influence on hollywood movies and everyone has to join one commie union or another or risk being blackballed from the industry but what about the common serfs who are hired to serve the "stars"? Are the caterers and the taxi drivers and the insurance people and the animal wranglers compelled to donate to the unions in order to be listed in the credits?

It's an interesting point. Apparently unions have a strong influence on hollywood movies and everyone has to join one commie union or another or risk being blackballed from the industry but what about the common serfs who are hired to serve the "stars"? Are the caterers and the taxi drivers and the insurance people and the animal wranglers compelled to donate to the unions in order to be listed in the credits?

No.

I love the trick of putting a small bit of the movie.....after the credits are run.... Thus insuring you stay and suffer though it if you want to see it.

No.

You don't get to say just "no" unless you plead guilty to being an moron.

I don't mind the credits, it's the previews AND commercials that go on and on and on. Nearly 1/2 hour of them for The Hunger Games. And on DVDs, they frequently disable the fast-forward button so you have to sit through it all. Blarg.

I don't mind the credits, it's the previews AND commercials that go on and on and on. Nearly 1/2 hour of them for The Hunger Games. And on DVDs, they frequently disable the fast-forward button so you have to sit through it all. Blarg.

I hate the way TV stations speed up the credits to light speed, or compress then into half the screen, or play promos for something else over them, because heaven forbid the audience might drift off to another channel.

I hate the way TV stations speed up the credits to light speed, or compress then into half the screen, or play promos for something else over them, because heaven forbid the audience might drift off to another channel.

Almost no one wants to watch those credits. And, if you really want to know those names, record the show or look the information up on the internet. So, to everyone's delight, except the biggest morons on the planet (that means you, moron), the networks don't slowly play the credits full-screen. Even a f-ing idiot like you would hate it if they actually showed all those credits and normal speed.

Also, when the expression "heaven forbid..." is used by non-idiots, it's used in reference to something totally trivial. Changing channels is not trivial to the networks.

Almost no one wants to watch those credits. And, if you really want to know those names, record the show or look the information up on the internet. So, to everyone's delight, except the biggest morons on the planet (that means you, moron), the networks don't slowly play the credits full-screen. Even a f-ing idiot like you would hate it if they actually showed all those credits and normal speed.

Also, when the expression "heaven forbid..." is used by non-idiots, it's used in reference to something totally trivial. Changing channels is not trivial to the networks.

:lol:

That's an interesting perspective.

If I'd thought about it, I'd probably have considered that the moron would be the person with the attention span of a gnat who can't deal with 2 minutes of credits because it delays the start of the next block of programming. But, according to you, it is moronic to be OK with the idea of consuming information.

It's a novel way of looking at things, but thanks for sharing.

Forum List

Back