Moveon.org Promoting Censorship?

That doesn't appear to be censorship to me. Rather it is more like a boycott.

Censorship would be if they lobbied the government to remove Fox from the airwaves.

I could really care less what Moveon.org is asking people to do. I turned them off a long time ago. Turning Fox off is not censorship nor is not logging on to Moveon.org.

Immie
Exactly. It's a boycott and perfectly within their rights. They're morons, but still practicing their Constitutional rights and I defend that.

Censorship would be if they lobbied the government to remove Fox from the airwaves.

I could really care less what Moveon.org is asking people to do. I turned them off a long time ago. Turning Fox off is not censorship nor is not logging on to Moveon.org.

Immie
Exactly. It's a boycott and perfectly within their rights. They're morons, but still practicing their Constitutional rights and I defend that.

Lets just hope that the owners of the TV's when faced with someone saying to "turn it off, it offends me" tells them to suck it.

They only advise and decide. ;)

So, if moveon.gov is not a governmental agency, then was is the fucking point of this thread?

Who really gives a shit what they have to say if they are a private company?
:lol: It's .org not .gov

OH!!! MY BAD!!!

I assumed that since the thread was implying that this organization was trying to silence a media source, that it was a commentary on government silencing of free speech.

But, in reality, it is just one media outlet trying to take away business from a competitor...sort of like the Mac/PC battle.

Immie

Lets just hope that the owners of the TV's when faced with someone saying to "turn it off, it offends me" tells them to suck it.
One can hope. Of course, as owners are businessmen, one can guess how effective this MoveOn announcement will be.

Immie

I too have no problem with them defending their rights to be moron's.

Citing the "platform" Fox News gives Glenn Beck to promote his events, the liberal MoveOn.org Friday encouraged members to support a new project by ColorofChange called, "TurnOffFox."

According to the e-mail, which was forwarded by MoveOn to its members, "TurnOffFox is the first step in our overall effort to beat back the poison, hate, and division of Fox. We'll get Fox turned off in stores, restaurants, and other public places-places where Fox pulls in new viewers and gains legitimacy."

The e-mail goes on to say that,

"The goal of Turn Off Fox is to reduce the number of public TVs showing Fox News, while spreading the word about Fox's poison (and how it works) to those who don't know."

MoveOn Promotes 'TurnOffFox' Campaign

Suppression of dissenting opinions. Sound familiar?

They are really worried, but you just can't stop the truth.

Moveon has friends in high places. Our media diversity czar, Marc Lloyd:

In his 2006 book entitled Prologue to a Farce: Communication and Democracy in America, he calls for an all-out "confrontational movement" against private media. He wants leftist activists - through incessant political pressure - and the government - through the creation of a totally untenable operating environment of fees, fines and regulations - to work together to force the commercial broadcasters out, to be replaced by public broadcasters.

And in his tome, Lloyd had this to say about the First Amendment:

"It should be clear by now that my focus here is not freedom of speech or the press. This freedom is all too often an exaggeration. At the very least, blind references to freedom of speech or the press serve as a distraction from the critical examination of other communications policies.

"[T]he purpose of free speech is warped to protect global corporations and block rules that would promote democratic governance."

Video: FCC 'Diversity' Czar on Chavez's Venezuela: 'Incredible...Democratic Revolution' | NewsBusters.org

Godwin'd in the very first post, bravo.

As for this, groups coming together to ask places to do stuff is nothing new. If these groups force these places to turn off Fox with threats of violence, THEN I would be agreeing with you. However, using one's freedom of speech and expression to protest the use of Fox News or any organization is well within their rights as citizens.

According to the e-mail, which was forwarded by MoveOn to its members, "TurnOffFox is the first step in our overall effort to beat back the poison, hate, and division of Fox.

If I were Fox these folks would go to court and prove the above statement.

And you would waste your money on court?

For something that was written in an email?

:cuckoo:

That's why you do not run Fox News.

I'm just toooooo stupid to run Fox News. :cuckoo:

Exactly, it can cause harm to Fox and the moveonidiots are clearly trying to impact their cash flow. Prove harm and sue the shit outta them.
Make moveon put their money where their mouth is.

As for this, groups coming together to ask places to do stuff is nothing new. If these groups force these places to turn off Fox with threats of violence, THEN I would be agreeing with you. However, using one's freedom of speech and expression to protest the use of Fox News or any organization is well within their rights as citizens.

According to the e-mail, which was forwarded by MoveOn to its members, "TurnOffFox is the first step in our overall effort to beat back the poison, hate, and division of Fox.

They are following in lockstep, the Obama regime to control the media. "Beware of articulate fools."

"You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police. Yet in their hearts there is unspoken - unspeakable! - fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts! Words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home, all the more powerful because they are forbidden. These terrify them. A little mouse - a little tiny mouse! - of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic."

Winston Churchill

Censorship and Book Burning

And you would waste your money on court?

For something that was written in an email?

:cuckoo:

That's why you do not run Fox News.

I'm just toooooo stupid to run Fox News. :cuckoo:

Exactly, it can cause harm to Fox and the moveonidiots are clearly trying to impact their cash flow. Prove harm and sue the shit outta them.
Make moveon put their money where their mouth is.

Until it impacts their cash flow, Fox would have a difficult time proving damages.

And secondly, Fox would have to prove that moveon.org is an important enough organization that they were able to influence Americans enough to cause this damage. Seeing as the majority of people likely have never been to moveon.org, nor would they care what that organization says, I don't think that Fox would have a case.

What part of Left is trying to shut up the right are you not wanting to see lefties?
Even Obama's administration tried to shut up Fox by not invinting them to a news conference. The only reason the left media stuck up for it was they knew they might be subject to it in the future.
The Left is trying to shut up the right by wanting to shut down Fox, fairnes doctrine on the radio to shut up right wing talk shows and now the internet.
Spin it anyway you want the left is definitely trying to shut up the right.

Immie

QFT :clap2:

And I'm sure the lefties would support book burning as well under the banner of "Constitutional Rights". Of course they can do this. But like so many disgusting progressive causes, just because they have the right, doesn't make it right.

It's a losing cause anyway. Any time they pull this shit, it backfires. I imagine Fox will garner even more publicity from this. Carry on haters.

Fox strives daily to prove those points ;)

And I'm sure the lefties would support book burning as well under the banner of "Constitutional Rights". Of course they can do this. But like so many disgusting progressive causes, just because they have the right, doesn't make it right.

It's a losing cause anyway. Any time they pull this shit, it backfires. I imagine Fox will garner even more publicity from this. Carry on haters.
Such irony from one that supports the church in Florida burning Muslim texts to "commemorate" 9/11 and supports the government disallowing a mosque in NYC.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back