Moveon.org Promoting Censorship?

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
Citing the "platform" Fox News gives Glenn Beck to promote his events, the liberal MoveOn.org Friday encouraged members to support a new project by ColorofChange called, "TurnOffFox."

According to the e-mail, which was forwarded by MoveOn to its members, "TurnOffFox is the first step in our overall effort to beat back the poison, hate, and division of Fox. We'll get Fox turned off in stores, restaurants, and other public places-places where Fox pulls in new viewers and gains legitimacy."

The e-mail goes on to say that,

"The goal of Turn Off Fox is to reduce the number of public TVs showing Fox News, while spreading the word about Fox's poison (and how it works) to those who don't know."

MoveOn Promotes 'TurnOffFox' Campaign

Suppression of dissenting opinions. Sound familiar?

Godwin'd in the very first post, bravo.

As for this, groups coming together to ask places to do stuff is nothing new. If these groups force these places to turn off Fox with threats of violence, THEN I would be agreeing with you. However, using one's freedom of speech and expression to protest the use of Fox News or any organization is well within their rights as citizens.

Fox News has more opposing viewpoints on than any other news show. But the left will never know that because they never watch.

Fox News doesn't have some airhead newsreader taking her marching orders on her blackberry direct from the White House either.

Citing the "platform" Fox News gives Glenn Beck to promote his events, the liberal MoveOn.org Friday encouraged members to support a new project by ColorofChange called, "TurnOffFox."

According to the e-mail, which was forwarded by MoveOn to its members, "TurnOffFox is the first step in our overall effort to beat back the poison, hate, and division of Fox. We'll get Fox turned off in stores, restaurants, and other public places-places where Fox pulls in new viewers and gains legitimacy."

"The goal of Turn Off Fox is to reduce the number of public TVs showing Fox News, while spreading the word about Fox's poison (and how it works) to those who don't know."

Not censorship, but seems kind of whiny. Just taking the easy way out trying to suppress fox's public exposure instead of trying to make a point by point case WHY they do not like Fox.

What MoveOn.gov is doing is HIGHLY INAPPROPRIATE and is a blatant violation of the FIRST AMENDMENT!!!

MediaMatters also can't tolerate a dissenting opinion and they're on a jihad to shut down talk radio

Last edited:
Moveon.org are Pussies, using the La La La La I can't hear you defense. Maybe they should all hold their Breath until we all stop watching FOX. Way to stay informed. ;)

What MoveOn.gov is doing is HIGHLY INAPPROPRIATE and is a blatant violation of the FIRST AMENDMENT!!!
:lol:

Don't you agree with me???
Nope. There is no violation of the first amendment. As to appropriate...asking people to stop listening and believing hateful and divisive "news" shows is never inappropriate.

If only the Germans felt this way prior to WW2.

:thup:

That doesn't appear to be censorship to me. Rather it is more like a boycott.

Censorship would be if they lobbied the government to remove Fox from the airwaves.

I could really care less what Moveon.org is asking people to do. I turned them off a long time ago. Turning Fox off is not censorship nor is not logging on to Moveon.org.

Immie

Pure fucking communisim.

Nope. There is no violation of the first amendment. As to appropriate...asking people to stop listening and believing hateful and divisive "news" shows is never inappropriate.

If only the Germans felt this way prior to WW2.

:thup:

But isn't moveon.gov a governmental agency?

They only advise and decide. ;)

So, if moveon.gov is not a governmental agency, then was is the fucking point of this thread?

Who really gives a shit what they have to say if they are a private company?

As for this, groups coming together to ask places to do stuff is nothing new. If these groups force these places to turn off Fox with threats of violence, THEN I would be agreeing with you. However, using one's freedom of speech and expression to protest the use of Fox News or any organization is well within their rights as citizens.

According to the e-mail, which was forwarded by MoveOn to its members, "TurnOffFox is the first step in our overall effort to beat back the poison, hate, and division of Fox.

If I were Fox these folks would go to court and prove the above statement.

According to the e-mail, which was forwarded by MoveOn to its members, "TurnOffFox is the first step in our overall effort to beat back the poison, hate, and division of Fox.

If I were Fox these folks would go to court and prove the above statement.

And you would waste your money on court?

For something that was written in an email?

:cuckoo:

That's why you do not run Fox News.

Forum List

Back