MoveOn.org drives new liberal catch phrase: ‘Tea party downgrade’

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
well the SHEEP have been given their MARCHING ORDERS. .DON'T LET THEM GET AWAY WITH THIS..

The Daily Caller – Sun Aug 7, 3:12 pm ET
The left-wing activist group MoveOn.org picked up the new liberal slogan bashing conservatives for Standard & Poor’s U.S. credit rating downgrade: “Tea Party downgrade.” President Obama’s chief campaign strategist David Axelrod and Massachusetts Democratic Sen. John Kerry both used the phrase on Sunday talk shows.

In a Sunday afternoon email to supporters, MoveOn.org accused tea partiers of being responsible for the first-ever credit downgrade in U.S. history. “This ‘tea party downgrade’ is a shameful blow to our nation’s honor and risks throwing us right back into recession,” Moveon.org wrote. “Worst of all? It was completely avoidable. But when given the choice between extremist posturing and responsible leadership, tea party Republicans chose wrong.” (RELATED: Axelrod: ‘This is essentially a tea party downgrade’)

MoveOn.org added that “now, amazingly, they’re trying to pin the blame on Democrats.”
:eusa_whistle:

Credit ratings agency Standard & Poor downgraded the United States credit rating from AAA to AA+ with a negative outlook on Friday evening.

MoveOn.org asked its supporters to share an image of a mock headline reading “Heckuva Job, Tea Party!” via Facebook and email.

from..
MoveOn.org drives new liberal catch phrase:

And I do believe I saw already one sheep here had this MOCK image..

Last edited:
Move.on.org's thinking is like the guy that has un-protected sex with a meth addicted hooker and gets Aids, then blames the condom makes because he failed to use one.

If the government had done everything the TEA PARTY wanted we wouldn't have gotten Aids, I'm sorry I meant been downgraded.

I think they got it wrong, its President downgrade. He has down graded everything from oil and coal production to the way the world sees us. Yep I say President downgrade. Tea Party keep up the good work

you guys go on and on about moveon.org providing the talking points whereas i can turn on the local right wing radio station and here the same point of view - and talking points - all day, every day.

and why not call it the tea party downgrade? that's what it is.

The TEA Party didn't have the votes to pass anything. It's the Democrat/Republican Downgrade and you know it.

Don't go along with the establishment lies.

The TEA Party didn't have the votes to pass anything. It's the Democrat/Republican Downgrade and you know it.

Don't go along with the establishment lies.

you're right, they didn't.

but they did have the ability to block things, and they did have the ability to hold some politicians to a stupid pledge not to raise any taxes at all - to the point that they said they'd rather default.

the downgrade is very accurately attributed to them.

yea... go tell that joke in Michigan, fool.

now cry some more about being stuck with the failures of your tea party movement.

How can anyone be so stupid r so blind as to really think its the tea party' fault we got a downgrade

How do you liberals explain Obama having the house and senate for 2 years and didnt do shit now the tea partys been in the house a few months so you blame them. Thats all I ever hear from the left is name calling and finger pointing.

They never said default. They even put in a bill to make sure the debt was paid.
The Dems have been fighting cuts all year long.
If cut,cap and balance had passed we would not have been downgraded.
If Paul Ryans bill had passed we would not have been downgraded.
Raising taxes is not the answer to an over bloated government.
Changing the tax code so that more than half of the Nation pays taxes is.
We should be talking about having a fair tax or a sales tax and getting rid of one that we have now.
I think that some new bills on taxes, will be coming up after congress gets back from vacation.

Americans overwhelmingly blame the Tea Party for the downgrade.

That a few weirdos here disagree does not change reality.

The tea party is the one who was calling for NOT voting for uping the dbt ceiling.

They drug the republicans to the right and they follwed the tea party recomendations.

It was the tea party who did this

Isn't it odd how a bunch of intelligent, independent thinkers all have the same ideas at the same time? :lol:

Borg_aboard_Enterprise_(NX-01).jpg

I had an idea that just popped into my head, "Tea Party Downgrade"

Me too!

Me too!

Me Too!

Palinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

based on polling only. lets see what happens in November of 2012, or we can see in the gubenetorial and state races in 2011, during the only poll that counts.

based on polling only. lets see what happens in November of 2012, or we can see in the gubenetorial and state races in 2011, during the only poll that counts.

That will be the ultimate polling, yes, on election day.

For today, we have what we have, and that shows the Tea Party is responsible to the great number of Americans for the downgrade.

Forum List

Back