Moved To America

"I truly do pity you. It is quite taxing to live in fear all of the time. But it is your choice...I will keep you in my prayers."

I'll have to beg off a bit from this sanctimonious self-righteousness. Nobody appointed you God or, as you would style yourself, His Holy Messenger of Multiracial Utopia. Those who pity and pray from their unmolested towers of thought isolation are the real "supremacists" of our day, for theirs is the position that you'll go to Hell if you don't agree with. I must say, I find the solemnity with which the egalitarians and integrationists have cloaked themselves with impenetrable piety is awfully goddamn annoying, if He will excuse me. Thanks, but no thanks. I'll argue my points on the merits, with the evidence of my senses and the empirical proofs of the scientists.

Originally posted by William Joyce
"I truly do pity you. It is quite taxing to live in fear all of the time. But it is your choice...I will keep you in my prayers."

I'll have to beg off a bit from this sanctimonious self-righteousness. Nobody appointed you God or, as you would style yourself, His Holy Messenger of Multiracial Utopia. Those who pity and pray from their unmolested towers of thought isolation are the real "supremacists" of our day, for theirs is the position that you'll go to Hell if you don't agree with. I must say, I find the solemnity with which the egalitarians and integrationists have cloaked themselves with impenetrable piety is awfully goddamn annoying, if He will excuse me. Thanks, but no thanks. I'll argue my points on the merits, with the evidence of my senses and the empirical proofs of the scientists.

Sorry old son, I'm not even christian. But I will keep you in my prayers, and hope that you achieve enlightenment. Your fear is the only thing holding you back.

Originally posted by Big D
Bully is a Buddist, Buddist hate Christians:

http://wfrn.com/family/98/bibles/

The site you link to is laughable, but typical of your myopic view of the world.

Can you provide independently verifiable documentation of this "hatred"? Can you cite one instance of Buddhist violence against Christians?

The instances the site you link to offers are ALL cases of government persecution of a religious minority. As we all know, government isn't about religion, it's about power.

I'll keep you in my prayers also.

Ok one clarification :

This does not hold true for Zen Buddhists, of which Bully is not !

WOW, nice work jimnyc

I did not realize how much hate the buddist had for other religions.

We all carry around preconceptions, the Buddist are of the terminal variety though. As to fearing the world...What's to fear, it is what it is, and until we can deal with the world as it has come to be we will continue to wallow in the morass of intolerance and racism that the buddist, and others of their ilk, continue to drag us through.

I truly do pity them. It is quite taxing to live in fear all of the time. But it is the buddist choice...I will keep them in my prayers.

WOW, nice work jimnyc

We all carry around preconceptions, the Buddist are of the terminal variety though. As to fearing the world...What's to fear, it is what it is, and until we can deal with the world as it has come to be we will continue to wallow in the morass of intolerance and racism that the buddist, and others of their ilk, continue to drag us through.

I truly do pity them. It is quite taxing to live in fear all of the time. But it is the buddist choice...I will keep them in my prayers.

Buddhism, for all it's hype is essentially a negative, unempowering religion. If I was a chinese emperor, I would also encourage my people to disavow all wealth and striving, and to accept that life is basically a shit sandwich. How docile and controllable it must render a populace. Imagine the possibilities.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Buddhism, for all it's hype is essentially a negative, unempowering religion. If I was a chinese emperor, I would also encourage my people to disavow all wealth and striving, and to accept that life is basically a shit sandwich. How docile and controllable it must render a populace. Imagine the possibilities.

Now that is so much hogwash. Sounds more like the deontological ethics of Taoism.

As to the sites linked by Jim, they're all fundamentalist christian websites built by folks who have no more understanding of buddhism than Jim, or you. As I said, the folks who carried out those attacks are no more buddhist than the klansmen who lynched blacks in the south were christian. In name only...not in fact.

Buddhism is a life-affirming philosphy, with its ethical roots in the consequences of our actions on this life in this world. Human life is the standard against which the rules and laws of a society are measured. For a good introduction to Buddhist philosophy, I suggest David J. Kalupahana's "<i>A History of Buddhist Philosophy: Continuities and Discontinuities</i>". ISBN 0-8248-1402-9, University of Hawai'i Press, 1992

WOW, nice work jimnyc

Oh...That's original.

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
As to the sites linked by Jim, they're all fundamentalist christian websites built by folks who have no more understanding of buddhism than Jim, or you. As I said, the folks who carried out those attacks are no more buddhist than the klansmen who lynched blacks in the south were christian. In name only...not in fact.

Regardless of their beliefs, the stories that have been linked to are factual. These events did and are currently happening. Furthermore, Alertnet and Dowjones are hardly fundementalist christian websites.

Originally posted by jimnyc
Regardless of their beliefs, the stories that have been linked to are factual. These events did and are currently happening. Furthermore, Alertnet and Dowjones are hardly fundementalist christian websites.

Okay...excluding Alertnet and Dowjones. But you might find the suggested reading material enlightening. ;)

I've added the ISBN number for easy reference.

A 12-year-old New Albany girl was found safe in Mexico yesterday with her alleged abductor, five days after she disappeared, according to police and the girl's family.

Mexican police discovered the pair walking down a street in the town of Reynosa, just across the border from McAllen, Texas, according to Capt. Michael Culwell of the New Albany police.
http://www.courier-journal.com/localnews/2004/02/15in/met-front-kayla02150-5196.html

More racist trash....

Forum List

Back