moved threads

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Hot air ballon
at times i have a hard time keeping up with a thread(s) as it has been moved. this happens often. i don't like it, but i can see the logic behind it. is it possible to maybe narrow the forums down a bit in order to cut down on the removed threads?

it is distracting to enter a forum and see half or more of the threads removed. again, i can understand. this board has many unique forums and the mods are no doubt busy moving threads to their rightful forums.

imo, i breaks the board up too much, fractures it.

the counter to my POV is probably that... to little forums creates threads with to many divergent topics and thus the forum is lost. i can see that. however, it does make it difficult to follow. especially with all the moved threads. i have to constantly go and view my last posts just to see the thread i posted in because i don't recognize or see that thread where it was last.

Last edited:
First, there are "redirects" when they are moved, you can click on those which are normally there for about a day after. Then the redirects vanish and clear the "clutter" you speak of.

Secondly, people could spend a bit more time thinking about where their new thread will fit best, perhaps there wouldn't be as many moved ones. The topics are pretty narrow as it is.

First, there are "redirects" when they are moved, you can click on those which are normally there for about a day after. Then the redirects vanish and clear the "clutter" you speak of.

Secondly, people could spend a bit more time thinking about where their new thread will fit best, perhaps there wouldn't be as many moved ones. The topics are pretty narrow as it is.

ok on the first

the second places an emphasis on posters who may or may not view the entire board. i don't care if my thread is moved because mods believe it was in the wrong forum...i just do not always have the time to look over the board, analyze where oh where should my post be...i spent 2 days agonizing over where to put my thread....and moved

and even when i have the time, my opinion could still be wrong and in fact has been wrong after my detailed, careful analysis of where my thread should be.

Last edited:

ok on the first

the second places an emphasis on posters who may or may not view the entire board. i don't care if my thread is moved because mods believe it was in the wrong forum...i just do not always have the time to look over the board, analyze where oh where should my post be...i spent 2 days agonizing over where to put my thread....and moved

and even when i have the time, my opinion could still be wrong and in fact has been wrong after my detailed, careful analysis of where my thread should be.

If you look at your "User CP" there is a list of subscribed threads you can check if you get lost. Any thread you posted in with something new in it will show up on that list.

It takes a bit of practice, once you get the hang of it where to post what becomes easier, but we all will still make mistakes on that, it's one of the reasons there are moderators. Try your best, and if it's in the wrong place one of us will catch it eventually and move it to a more suitable place. There are many threads that are hard to place, so I can see your frustration, as I said though, it takes a bit of practice.

Someone almost always has a contrary and in their opinion correct opinion on all subjects.

I just couldn't give a flying fuck.

Someone almost always has a contrary and in their opinion correct opinion on all subjects.

so now that you don't have a contrary or correct opinion on this subject....

do you actually have an opinion?

or do you just give flying fucks all night?

at times i have a hard time keeping up with a thread(s) as it has been moved. this happens often. i don't like it, but i can see the logic behind it. is it possible to maybe narrow the forums down a bit in order to cut down on the removed threads?

it is distracting to enter a forum and see half or more of the threads removed. again, i can understand. this board has many unique forums and the mods are no doubt busy moving threads to their rightful forums.

imo, i breaks the board up too much, fractures it.

the counter to my POV is probably that... to little forums creates threads with to many divergent topics and thus the forum is lost. i can see that. however, it does make it difficult to follow. especially with all the moved threads. i have to constantly go and view my last posts just to see the thread i posted in because i don't recognize or see that thread where it was last.

I intend to take a look at the forum structure and hopefully streamline the operation a little better. You have hit on the inherent problem though. Too few forums and they all look like spaghetti. Too many and you have to shop for your topic.

I've tried to add and delete forums as I see the direction of the members of the board go.

Thank you for your input. You are one of the few here who obviously know how to ask a question properly.

ok on the first

If you look at your "User CP" there is a list of subscribed threads you can check if you get lost. Any thread you posted in with something new in it will show up on that list.

It takes a bit of practice, once you get the hang of it where to post what becomes easier, but we all will still make mistakes on that, it's one of the reasons there are moderators. Try your best, and if it's in the wrong place one of us will catch it eventually and move it to a more suitable place. There are many threads that are hard to place, so I can see your frustration, as I said though, it takes a bit of practice.

1. looks like work, i mostly click on the forum for a few minutes and than back to work. i don't want to suscribe to threads. i, admittedly, don't always care about the same subject everyday.

2. wow, this sounds even more like work. is there a class i can take to have a much more rich and fulfilling experience here?

3. try my best....wtf.....i have, i don't like it, gave you my opinion.

ok on the first

1. looks like work, i mostly click on the forum for a few minutes and than back to work. i don't want to suscribe to threads. i, admittedly, don't always care about the same subject everyday.

2. wow, this sounds even more like work. is there a class i can take to have a much more rich and fulfilling experience here?

3. try my best....wtf.....i have, i don't like it, gave you my opinion.

I wasn't saying your opinion was invalid or wrong in any way. I was offering some suggestions and nothing more.

You whine too much for a grown man.

why do you think about grown men whining so much?

Actually ... no it's not. It was the most well worded and respectful thread asking about this subject.

Actually ... no it's not. It was the most well worded and respectful thread asking about this subject.

He regurgitated a whine in a lawyerish manner, a whine is a whine is whine...

Forum List

Back