Mouse Homosexuality Linked to Genes

Are you saying there aren't enough straight mouse out there to maintain the species?

No, I'm saying gay mice don't reproduce, so how do they pass the genes along? I don't imagine gay mice are too concerned about coming out.

True...because the straight mice don't harass them, ostracize them, or even beat them up.

How do you know that?

Wolves harass, ostracize and beat up (even kill) wolves who violate pack law. For example, if a female gets pregnant with a male she's not supposed to get pregnant with, the pack will kill her pups and her if they can find them.

Who knows what bias animals have.

No, I'm saying gay mice don't reproduce, so how do they pass the genes along? I don't imagine gay mice are too concerned about coming out.

True...because the straight mice don't harass them, ostracize them, or even beat them up.

How do you know that?

Wolves harass, ostracize and beat up (even kill) wolves who violate pack law. For example, if a female gets pregnant with a male she's not supposed to get pregnant with, the pack will kill her pups and her if they can find them.

Nope.
Wolves are primarily monogamous but also breed polygamously if the male is unrelated to the female. Wolves kick members out of the pack, they do not kill the pups. Violent fights do happen when another female may attempt to take the role of the Alpha female when mating with the Alpha male in the pack hierarchy. Serious injuries are rare in this. Pups are not killed. Pups of other species are killed by wolves but not for any of the reasons you claim.
I have studied wolves and coyotes for 40 years.

No, what you are, or were, claiming is that is the likely scenario.
Now you have twisted your story once again and the newest version is "some homosexuals".
Now tell us how some is the most likely as you claimed before. You stated it. All I ask is why you changed your mind and when will it change again.

You asked what made a person homosexual if it is not genetic, and not a choice. I provided a few possibilities in no particular order, while stating that my belief that it is a choice. Since I can clearly point to some people who are homosexuals who believe, as I do, that it is a choice, and can even point to some who know when they made that choice, anyone who disagrees with them has to deal with what they claim is true for them.

So far my mind has not changed. The only thing I have done is point out that I can understand other positions, even if I disagree with them.

Ok, but from your post I thought you were stating that it was unlikely anything other than choice.

I see.

What I was saying is that the chance that it was completely random event is unlikely. I will admit that that is nothing more than a guess on my part, but it does feel right to me.

How do you know that?

Nope.
Wolves are primarily monogamous but also breed polygamously if the male is unrelated to the female. Wolves kick members out of the pack, they do not kill the pups. Violent fights do happen when another female may attempt to take the role of the Alpha female when mating with the Alpha male in the pack hierarchy. Serious injuries are rare in this. Pups are not killed. Pups of other species are killed by wolves but not for any of the reasons you claim.

Sure you have.
:rolleyes:
Since the first National Geographic special on them, I'm sure.

Wolves kill each other pretty frequently.

Really?

You need me to post the studies showing the overwhelming prevalence of heterosexual attraction?

Really?

No, I want you to post the studies that support your x & y chromosome drivel.

Really?

You need me to post what you should have learned in middle school. Do you know what x and y chromosomes are? Do you know what the Y chromosome has to do with one's sex?

If you really can't grasp this stuff, you're simply too stupid to bother with. In the 20's, they'd have prevented you from reproducing.

How do you know that?

Nope.

Sure you have.
Since the first National Geographic special on them, I'm sure.

Wolves kill each other pretty frequently.

They do kill each other frequently.
Male on male. All the time.
They do not kill the pups as you claim.
Tell us what wildlife area you have spent months at in your life where there were wolf packs.

Really?

You need me to post the studies showing the overwhelming prevalence of heterosexual attraction?

Really?

No, I want you to post the studies that support your x & y chromosome drivel.

Really?

You need me to post what you should have learned in middle school. Do you know what x and y chromosomes are? Do you know what the Y chromosome has to do with one's sex?

If you really can't grasp this stuff, you're simply too stupid to bother with. In the 20's, they'd have prevented you from reproducing.

You didn't post a description of x and y chromosomes.

So please post something which verifies what you did say.

When you start calling me stupid, I know you're out of material.

You still have to be willing to pass the genetic material on to the opposite sex. Sort of flies in the face of being gay huh?

Homosexuality Linked to Genetics in Mice - TIME NewsFeed

Another of science's epic debates has finally been resolved: it turns out that homosexuality is genetic. (In mice, at least.)

According to a study published in the BioMed Central Genetics journalthis month, researchers from the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology were able to prove a link between genetics and sexual preference in female mice.

The procedure involved removing the females' (conveniently-abbreviated) FucM genes, which caused their brains to be masculinized—essentially turning the mice into lesbians. Researchers reported that after the gene was removed the mice “exhibited a masculine behavior, such as mounting to a normal female partner as well as showing a preference to female urine.”
The peer-reviewed article can be found here.

While any researcher can tell you that mouse studies never directly apply to humans, this does prove that homosexuality can be induced by genetic manipulation of mammals.

To think, a simple genetic deletion can cause homosexuality in mice...fascinating.

Forum List

Back