Mountain Road Drive today (56K go-away!)

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
Today misterblu and I went out to take photos on the first REAL nice day we've had in recent memory.

I'll can't credit each pic, cuz i forgot who took what - he took most, and he's a meticulous, fantastic photographer. :)

mazrx8bycliff.jpg

Source image:
rx8grafittiwall1sm.jpg

rx8quarterpanelrainier.jpg

rx8mtrainierfeb05b.jpg

rx8mtrainierfeb05c.jpg

rx8mtrainierfeb05d.jpg

rx8mtrainierfeb05.jpg

more...

A couple of those are really really good. I wish I had the photoshop know how to make pictures look REALLY good. The fisheye lens one is nice.

the one with the guard rail if you had a wet road would be sweet....al in all very nice.....more pics of chicks would be good

They're all good, but I like the first two a lot. I'm sure there's probably a photography term for juxtaposing kind of "ugly" or at least messy backgrounds with something really pretty in the foreground or vice-versa. I like that a lot.

Ugh I don't see what the big deal is. That thing looks like a Saturn, and can totally get taken by a V6 autostick mustang any day. I bet you took those pics with your hat backwards.

I wasn't praising the car, just the photography. You guys know I'm no car guy, it could've just as easily been any other car, or even, I don't know, a bowling trophy or something in there, I would've had the same reaction.

Dan said:
I wasn't praising the car, just the photography. You guys know I'm no car guy, it could've just as easily been any other car, or even, I don't know, a bowling trophy or something in there, I would've had the same reaction.
(I'm making fun of another, old, bitter, BMW & IPOD loving member)

Dan said:

:) Clay and I have the same make/model of car ;) :D

Thanks guys - no fish-eye lenses were used.

:D

Dan said:
In that case, don't get me in this mess.
No worries. He's only interested in my punk-ass. I have shitty taste in all aspects of my life. How DO I go on living?

manu1959 said:
tommorow is another day
Renewed in spirit, I trudge on. Now if I could only figure out this football thing. What happens in the third inning? Do I shoot five-hole? :dunno:

The ClayTaurus said:
Renewed in spirit, I trudge on. Now if I could only figure out this football thing. What happens in the third inning? Do I shoot five-hole? :dunno:

make sure she is good and drunk before you shoot five hole

dmp said:
Today misterblu and I went out to take photos on the first REAL nice day we've had in recent memory.

I'll can't credit each pic, cuz i forgot who took what - he took most, and he's a meticulous, fantastic photographer. :)

You're too kind. Meticulous = Type A. :D

I know who took what (with the possible exception of one). Being Type A helps with that. :p

Nice PS on those. I really need to hone my PS skills.

Dan said:
They're all good, but I like the first two a lot. I'm sure there's probably a photography term for juxtaposing kind of "ugly" or at least messy backgrounds with something really pretty in the foreground or vice-versa. I like that a lot.

You can thank D for that. Shooting against that rock wall was his idea. :thup:

The ClayTaurus said:
A couple of those are really really good. I wish I had the photoshop know how to make pictures look REALLY good. The fisheye lens one is nice.

Three of them have enough barrel distortion to look kinda like they were taken with a fisheye, the first, the fourth and the last. Which one are you referring to? If I had to guess, I'd say it's the last one as it looks the most like a fisheye shot. D shot that one.

Either way, all three were shot @ 18mm (29mm effective) with the 18-55mm 'kit' lens that comes with the 20D.
attachment.php

Attachments

• $nerd.gif
    $nerd.gif
    434 bytes · Views: 114
I can't believe you live where you can just take a drive and see scenery like that! The mountain was amazing! All we see around here are cows, barns, fields, and trailers. Some of it is pretty in a bucolic way. But some day I am going to see the mountains in person. You guys are so lucky.

Nice car, too. I like silver. And of course, the photography was excellent. I would expect nothing less.

Forum List

Back