Mount Rushmore

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
Just got home from a trip to the wife's cousin house for Thanksgiving and had a great time. Went to Parker, CO for Thanksgiving and then to visit another friend in South Dakota enroute back home. Drove up to see Mount Rushmore while in South Dakota and it was a cold, windy, dreary day but I took this photo of Mount Rushmore. It started to snow while at Mount Rushmore and because it was our last stop on the holiday trip we headed back home. Encountered blowing snow across South Dakota but got about half way through Minnesota before we decided to stop for the night. Woke up the next morning to about 1 1/2 inches of snow in south central Minnesota and drove out of it only to run into more snow in Wisconsin and into Illinois enroute back to home here in Mount Morris. Eventually drove out of the snow a bit north of Rockford and got home about 7:30 pm last night. Woke up this morning to a light dusting of snow here. Guess it's gearing up for Christmas and the holiday season. All in all, had a great trip and lots of fun. However, it was good to get back home and sleep in my own bed!

big-black-dog-albums-some-of-big-black-dog-s-favorite-photos-picture1037-mountrushmore.jpg

Just got home from a trip to the wife's cousin house for Thanksgiving and had a great time. Went to Parker, CO for Thanksgiving and then to visit another friend in South Dakota enroute back home. Drove up to see Mount Rushmore while in South Dakota and it was a cold, windy, dreary day but I took this photo of Mount Rushmore. It started to snow while at Mount Rushmore and because it was our last stop on the holiday trip we headed back home. Encountered blowing snow across South Dakota but got about half way through Minnesota before we decided to stop for the night. Woke up the next morning to about 1 1/2 inches of snow in south central Minnesota and drove out of it only to run into more snow in Wisconsin and into Illinois enroute back to home here in Mount Morris. Eventually drove out of the snow a bit north of Rockford and got home about 7:30 pm last night. Woke up this morning to a light dusting of snow here. Guess it's gearing up for Christmas and the holiday season. All in all, had a great trip and lots of fun. However, it was good to get back home and sleep in my own bed!

big-black-dog-albums-some-of-big-black-dog-s-favorite-photos-picture1037-mountrushmore.jpg

It's nice that you took the photo....are you going to show us it. Incidentally, how is that crazy polak's monument to chief Crazy Horse coming along? (It's nearby.)

I did drive by the Crazy Horse project and this is all of the progress they have made on it. We missed seeing a 20 ton blast at the Crazy Horse project by 20 minutes. That seems to be the story of my life. They have a long, long way to go on the Crazy Horse monument.

big-black-dog-albums-some-of-big-black-dog-s-favorite-photos-picture1038-crazyhorse.jpg

I did drive by the Crazy Horse project and this is all of the progress they have made on it. We missed seeing a 20 ton blast at the Crazy Horse project by 20 minutes. That seems to be the story of my life. They have a long, long way to go on the Crazy Horse monument.

big-black-dog-albums-some-of-big-black-dog-s-favorite-photos-picture1038-crazyhorse.jpg

THAT will be the most awesome monument to one of the greatest warriors ever to live on the entire planet!!!!

Crazy Horse:

Behold, a man!

In the end there was no way he could win, this is the bastard nature of history. I am sure he knew that, but he fought anyway, he did not submit to fate, and he kicked ass one last time.

He taught the US, and all free humans a lesson.

And it is a tribute to the US that they want to commemorate him.

Last edited:

I love that area. It's so beautiful.

I wonder if those guys are ever gonna finish Crazy Horse. They've been working on him since I was real little. It took them what maybe 15...18 years to do Mount Rushmore and it's taking them decades to do Crazy Horse. The pic looks about the same as when I was last there in 94'. I figure at the rate they're going it will take 100 years.

Maybe they'll get it done before I die.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back