Mothers Day

corsage for the mother....which was funny they were talking about the tradition of colors you wear when the mother is dead...of course amusing that the mother of a older lady....would be deceased...i am like....ahhhh the next order is for her mother...who is 100....

so far i am at wit's end what do to do for my mother...i am thinking live plant..she likes those...

as for me they will do probably nothing..my son will be busy working...and my husband's comment....your not my mother why should i do anything....

lovely couple of men....

as for me they will do probably nothing..my son will be busy working...and my husband's comment....your not my mother why should i do anything....

lovely couple of men....

Ah,,,,,

Mini-Echo always makes me a beautiful, homemade card. Then she writes inside it how great I am {:redface:} and how much she loves me.

I have them all saved.

I think we will get my mom flowers, of course M.E. will make her a card, and mom loves chocolate, so a box of her favorites chocolate treats too. Wish it was something more original!

Oh, for those bored today, or who have children who are bored, you can make some homemade cards for those in nursing homes. My daughter and I are doing this tonight, and are going to a nursing home near us to give out to the residents there tomorrow. You would be suprised how much things like that mean to these folks!

cant you resist her and still love her....my mother was not an easy woman to grow up with...then she became this sweet old lady....then she became this crabby old woman.....hell sometimes i am amazed i just dont move in for total control and take her money and granny dump her.....but then i remember...no matter what...i really do love her....hell is was what she was...she is what she is...she is my mother...i love her....i dont care if she made mistakes....she did the best she could....i will love her when she doesnt even know me...cause i know her....

Mothers' Day
it should instead be celebrated on our every birthday
they are the ones who endured the pain to give us life on that anniversary

and it's not what you give your Mom, it's that you remembered to

there is a reason this holiday is celebrated during the sweetest time of the year

My kids are taking me to brunch, I don't know where but they did make reservations. ;)

My favorite Mother's Day was about 12 years ago. I was working crazy number of hours-avg 75-80 at three jobs. They were pre-teen to teen, I woke up and came downstairs, everything was clean and the dining room table set with flowers and champagne. They got my friend to buy them a bottle and she had to come and open it. LOL! She gave them OJ for Mimosas. They'd made waffles, french toast, bacon, eggs, fruit salad, and some sort of casserole. Truly it was the brunch of killer cholesterol. I remember that so clearly, weren't easy times on them or myself, but they really went all out. I think they were up all night cleaning and getting out the china and crystal.

My mom is deceased and I have not given birth to any children. I will celebrate Mother's Day by releasing beings that have been captured for bait and dedicating the merit to all beings--each of whom has been as close as a mother in some former life.

What are you doing for your mom?

Or the mother of your child?
well since I am broke it will probably be chocolate and a card for my mom, which she will be fine with and she gets to babysitt:lol: because I have to work. My parents are going to take me to brunch since everyone else is going to dinner.
And if my son does not try to dig out a house plant today that will be enough for me.:razz:

Haven't observed it since I was 8, at least not with my biological mother..........

Think I might go and plant some stuff for Momma Earth though.......she's still taking care of all of us.

I've got to say, some of these posts have me a thinking, as a mom and daughter. My mom has left us for nearly 5 years. I miss her more day-by-day. She never was my best friend, wouldn't be if I wanted to. She was however my mentor and guiding light. It was at her dinner table that politics was a day to day event. I doubt that once we covered the "What did you learn in school today?" "Nothing", that the conversation turned to the first Mayor Daley or governor or president or wanna be president. She was a force, my dad loved her, but was indeed intimidated by her. So smart, though never went beyond graduating high school. She was a tough cookie, in ways bones reminds me of her, though my mom was a city girl and very tiny.

A quick take on what a formidable person she was. I know it shocking, but I was somewhat difficult in high school. Between sophomore and junior years, I ditched over 180 days, (that's a full year). When she found out that my dad had been saying that I was 'sick', when the school would call him, she blew up. She sold my car and followed me to school every day, telling her employer, (the City of Chicago), that she'd be there 'when she could.' One day, I took off after 2nd period, the school called her, for the next month, she attended classes with me. Seriously. It was horrible.

Upon graduation, that night, she told me, 'Have fun at the parties tonight. Tomorrow we are going to Macomb, (Western Illinois University), you are going to summer school. I replied that I hadn't applied and would not be doing such. She showed me the acceptance letter, she'd filled out the application and forged my signature. I went. I got hooked on college. A force of nature was my mom.

You know......I really enjoyed my life with my mother up until she died in '72.

She made sure that I had a good education, knew that I was loved and took excellent care of me, even in spite of some of the men that she ended up with. My most memorable Christmas present was when she gave me a box that was 2 ft cubed, and HEAVY. I originally thought it was a toy of some kind, but when I opened it up on Christmas, I found something much better than any toy.........

It was a complete set of Time/Life books, covering everything from the Universe (my favorite), to the Earth, and everything in and on it.

She also made me read the Illiad and the Oddessy when I was in 3rd grade. What's more, she explained the parts I didn't understand as I read it, so that by the time I'd finished, I had over 90 percent of it comprehended.

I still miss her............even after 36 years..........

You know......I really enjoyed my life with my mother up until she died in '72.

She made sure that I had a good education, knew that I was loved and took excellent care of me, even in spite of some of the men that she ended up with. My most memorable Christmas present was when she gave me a box that was 2 ft cubed, and HEAVY. I originally thought it was a toy of some kind, but when I opened it up on Christmas, I found something much better than any toy.........

It was a complete set of Time/Life books, covering everything from the Universe (my favorite), to the Earth, and everything in and on it.

She also made me read the Illiad and the Oddessy when I was in 3rd grade. What's more, she explained the parts I didn't understand as I read it, so that by the time I'd finished, I had over 90 percent of it comprehended.

I still miss her............even after 36 years..........

Wow, she and my mom had lots in common. I was forced to listen and read aloud Julius Caesar and A Midsummer's Night Dream in 3rd grade by my mom, as was my brother in 2nd grade. She had it in her head that we needed to read Shakespeare, guess it couldn't wait. Funny thing, we liked it. We are both still fans of the Bard and were ahead of our peers regarding such, when schools were more demanding.

Forum List

Back