Mother’s Day: My Experience Parenting a Trans Kid

All those who rail against Transsexuality and think that trans people are sub human, mentally ill freaks need to read this. However, I doubt that those who need to hear this the most, the deeply intrenched bigots will not even click the link for fear of being exposed to information that challenges their assumptions that they cling to in order to continue to hate and dehumanize trans people . Lets see who can take the "Trans Challenge" and approach this with some intelligence and sensitivity.

A few excerpts:
I have two teen sons. One is a foodie, and one is a picky eater. One practices free running, while the other has his blue belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu. One aces his math and science classes, and the other is a compelling writer and sculptor.

They’re different in many ways, including this: One is transgender.

Regarding what’s right for my child, I’ve taken the advice of experts like his doctors and done more research than I can quantify. When it comes to whether supporting him is wrong, it’s never wrong for a parent to love their child unconditionally. It’s never wrong to support your child on a journey of self-discovery that harms no one and helps him grow and thrive.

The question that gets me, though, is whether it’s hard to parent a trans child. My sons are people, and while they might try my patience through inherent teenager-ness, it’s not generally any harder to parent one over the other. Usually, having a trans son doesn’t influence our lives at all. I buy the cereal he likes, remind him to work on his college essays, listen to him vent about his classes, and tell him to clean his room (I think there are dirty socks in there that have gained sentience).

" Fear and hate will consume you. Knowledge is power and will set you free and allow you to be a better citizen of the world" PP
Do you remember Dhara? Very intelligent woman, raising a transgender child, who left here due to the ignorance and bigoted attitude. It was a loss for all of us.

What sort of treatment do you think that they need?
Transfreaks need to be rounded up and locked up in the interest of public safety.

That way they can be given intense psycho therapy, including shock treatments, to cure them of their sick perverse lifestyle. ... :thup:

Transgender movement: forcing everyone to participate in some people's delusions.

Any approach to the issue that allowed the child to develop free of trauma and self doubt into a fully functioning adult who is comfortable in his own skin and free of stigma.

That sounds all good in theory but you may very well be imposing trauma and self-doubt if you allow boys into girls' locker rooms, or vice versa. The BDD trans kids have related to the genitals other kids have over other things and common sense says that allowing a person they perceive to be of the opposite sex into those sensitive spaces is not going to be good for them. The reasonable compromise to address both is separate bathrooms/changing areas for trans students, but even that is offense to activists and their children because Betty the Anorexic isn't forced to accept Tommy who thinks he is Cindy as a fellow female whether Betty wants to or not.
Its absolutely amazing how every discussion about transgender issues immediately devolves into talk about bathrooms and locker rooms. If you had read my OP you would see that there is so much more to the issue and that we are talking about whole human beings and not just about genitals.
thats not very honest of you,,,

several people have talked about whats really important and that is their mental health and their need for care

maybe its you thats stuck on that??
Not honest? Really? Did the person that I was responding to not say what he said? Other have talked about mental health but in what context. It is almost entirely about treating a delusion or something to that effect and almost never about being supportive and helping them to discover themselves and to be comfortable with themselves-as this boys mother is doing.

you dont do that by supporting their delusions,,,that only makes it worse,,

this mother is doing the wrong thing,,

The wrong thing? What should she do? Reject him? Shame him? Tell he to just get over it? Is it possible that you are really that ignorant and insensitive. It is because of attitudes like yours that a lot of those young people wind up dead.

All those who rail against Transsexuality and think that trans people are sub human, mentally ill freaks need to read this. However, I doubt that those who need to hear this the most, the deeply intrenched bigots will not even click the link for fear of being exposed to information that challenges their assumptions that they cling to in order to continue to hate and dehumanize trans people . Lets see who can take the "Trans Challenge" and approach this with some intelligence and sensitivity.

A few excerpts:
I have two teen sons. One is a foodie, and one is a picky eater. One practices free running, while the other has his blue belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu. One aces his math and science classes, and the other is a compelling writer and sculptor.

Regarding what’s right for my child, I’ve taken the advice of experts like his doctors and done more research than I can quantify. When it comes to whether supporting him is wrong, it’s never wrong for a parent to love their child unconditionally. It’s never wrong to support your child on a journey of self-discovery that harms no one and helps him grow and thrive.

The question that gets me, though, is whether it’s hard to parent a trans child. My sons are people, and while they might try my patience through inherent teenager-ness, it’s not generally any harder to parent one over the other. Usually, having a trans son doesn’t influence our lives at all. I buy the cereal he likes, remind him to work on his college essays, listen to him vent about his classes, and tell him to clean his room (I think there are dirty socks in there that have gained sentience).

" Fear and hate will consume you. Knowledge is power and will set you free and allow you to be a better citizen of the world" PP

Pointing out that someone has a mental illness is not saying that some one is sub human.

You are the one saying that.
Your concluding that it is a mental illness while ignoring the science behind the transgender issue calls into question your own level of functioning.

science says a boy is a boy and a girl is a girl,,,
Willful ignorance.

That sounds all good in theory but you may very well be imposing trauma and self-doubt if you allow boys into girls' locker rooms, or vice versa. The BDD trans kids have related to the genitals other kids have over other things and common sense says that allowing a person they perceive to be of the opposite sex into those sensitive spaces is not going to be good for them. The reasonable compromise to address both is separate bathrooms/changing areas for trans students, but even that is offense to activists and their children because Betty the Anorexic isn't forced to accept Tommy who thinks he is Cindy as a fellow female whether Betty wants to or not.
Its absolutely amazing how every discussion about transgender issues immediately devolves into talk about bathrooms and locker rooms. If you had read my OP you would see that there is so much more to the issue and that we are talking about whole human beings and not just about genitals.

several people have talked about whats really important and that is their mental health and their need for care

Not honest? Really? Did the person that I was responding to not say what he said? Other have talked about mental health but in what context. It is almost entirely about treating a delusion or something to that effect and almost never about being supportive and helping them to discover themselves and to be comfortable with themselves-as this boys mother is doing.

The wrong thing? What should she do? Reject him? Shame him? Tell he to just get over it? Is it possible that you are really that ignorant and insensitive. It is because of attitudes like yours that a lot of those young people wind up dead.
they end up dead because people allow them to continue their delusions and they cant take it anymore and kill themselves,,,

so its you and those that think like you that are doing the harm,,,

A few excerpts:

Pointing out that someone has a mental illness is not saying that some one is sub human.

Your concluding that it is a mental illness while ignoring the science behind the transgender issue calls into question your own level of functioning.

Willful ignorance.

yes you do,,,

A few excerpts:

Willful ignorance.
For someone who claims to not be gay why do you start so many gay threads?
Have dick is a guy. Don't have a dick, ain't a guy.

A few excerpts:

Willful ignorance.
This thread is about gay? Where does that story mention gay?

they end up dead because people allow them to continue their delusions and they cant take it anymore and kill themselves,,,

More willful ignorance. You are so threatened by the possibility that there is more to being trans than a delusion that you stick your head way up that smelly place where the sun don't shine.

A few excerpts:

No fag, I didn't clink the link because I don't waste any time reading about what sick perverse freaks do to children.

A few excerpts:

All those who rail against Transsexuality and think that trans people are sub human, mentally ill freaks need to read this.

People with gender dysphoria aren't freaks.
They need treatment.
Yes they do. What sort of treatment do you think that they need?
Shock treatment and then confinement in the institute for the very very very nervous.

Transfreaks need to be rounded up and locked up in the interest of public safety.

That way they can be given intense psycho therapy, including shock treatments, to cure them of their sick perverse lifestyle. ... :thup:

Transgender movement: forcing everyone to participate in some people's delusions.
Another pitiful victim of the evil demented trannies heard from.

Another pitiful victim of the evil demented trannies heard from.

I'm here to help.

Male and Female are biological categories. People lie; DNA doesn’t.

Gender dysphoria, a conflict between a person's physical or assigned gender and the gender with which he/she/ claims to identify, is a mental illness.

Demanding that other people participate in the delusion is not a right.

BTW....one can be a Progressive, or a Patriot, not both........your avi is syncretic.

You should look the word up.

ale and Female are biological categories. People lie; DNA doesn’t.

Gender dysphoria, a conflict between a person's physical or assigned gender and the gender with which he/she/ claims to identify, is a mental illness.

Interesting how you don't provide a source for that definition. No doubt you added the "mental Illness part

Here is some real information. Theories of the Causes of Transsexualism

Your right about one thing DNA does not lie. It's just a little more complicated than your small, closed mind is able to handle.

Interesting how you don't provide a source for that definition. No doubt you added the "mental Illness part

Your right about one thing DNA does not lie. It's just a little more complicated than your small, closed mind is able to handle.

I wrote it.

Any approach to the issue that allowed the child to develop free of trauma and self doubt into a fully functioning adult who is comfortable in his own skin and free of stigma.

Encouraging a boy to believe he's a girl, or vice versa, certainly will never accomplish that. Pandering to delusional mental illness only makes it worse.

5_CATERS_MEET_THE_11_YEAR_OLD_DRAG_QUEEN_06-768x1024.jpg

Meet the 11-year-old drag queen who transforms society’s expectations of women into hyper-feminised looks - Caters News Agency

This is a little boy.

Look what they've done to him.

BTW, classic example of how dumbed down people today are. S/he Doesn't think anyone can post their own thoughts without having a link for it. I even got banned from one cesspool board that. Oh, I'd like to wish you a belated happy mothers day.

More willful ignorance. You are so threatened by the possibility that there is more to being trans than a delusion that you stick your head way up that smelly place where the sun don't shine.
who said I feel threatened???

I just want sick people to get help,,,

Willful ignorance.
This thread is about gay? Where does that story mention gay?
Don't be dense.

What should do? Get mental help.

Forum List

Back