Mother’s Day: My Experience Parenting a Trans Kid

All those who rail against Transsexuality and think that trans people are sub human, mentally ill freaks need to read this. However, I doubt that those who need to hear this the most, the deeply intrenched bigots will not even click the link for fear of being exposed to information that challenges their assumptions that they cling to in order to continue to hate and dehumanize trans people . Lets see who can take the "Trans Challenge" and approach this with some intelligence and sensitivity.

A few excerpts:
I have two teen sons. One is a foodie, and one is a picky eater. One practices free running, while the other has his blue belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu. One aces his math and science classes, and the other is a compelling writer and sculptor.

They’re different in many ways, including this: One is transgender.

Regarding what’s right for my child, I’ve taken the advice of experts like his doctors and done more research than I can quantify. When it comes to whether supporting him is wrong, it’s never wrong for a parent to love their child unconditionally. It’s never wrong to support your child on a journey of self-discovery that harms no one and helps him grow and thrive.

The question that gets me, though, is whether it’s hard to parent a trans child. My sons are people, and while they might try my patience through inherent teenager-ness, it’s not generally any harder to parent one over the other. Usually, having a trans son doesn’t influence our lives at all. I buy the cereal he likes, remind him to work on his college essays, listen to him vent about his classes, and tell him to clean his room (I think there are dirty socks in there that have gained sentience).

" Fear and hate will consume you. Knowledge is power and will set you free and allow you to be a better citizen of the world" PP

Lovely for them, but that is not the real issue that is making this a political firestorm. Most people are too busy with their own lives to obsess about the choices of others. Politically the issue is that people do not want to have people of the opposite sex in intimate places like bathrooms, locker rooms, etc, especially when their children are involved.
Are you sill pretending it’s a “choice”? And even if it were so what? Equality under law, unlike a personal right to firearms, is guaranteed by the constitution.

Are you sill pretending it’s a “choice”?

Mental illness isn't a choice.

All those who rail against Transsexuality and think that trans people are sub human, mentally ill freaks need to read this. However, I doubt that those who need to hear this the most, the deeply intrenched bigots will not even click the link for fear of being exposed to information that challenges their assumptions that they cling to in order to continue to hate and dehumanize trans people . Lets see who can take the "Trans Challenge" and approach this with some intelligence and sensitivity.

A few excerpts:
" Fear and hate will consume you. Knowledge is power and will set you free and allow you to be a better citizen of the world" PP

Lovely for them, but that is not the real issue that is making this a political firestorm. Most people are too busy with their own lives to obsess about the choices of others. Politically the issue is that people do not want to have people of the opposite sex in intimate places like bathrooms, locker rooms, etc, especially when their children are involved.
View attachment 262131
And thats why they simpleton retards call us homophobes, trans phobes .
cause people are not exactly thrilled over this UTTER BULLSHIT AND NONSENSE
sickos
the gay left they are intolerant hate fill authoritarian nazi fag freaks.... INDEED they are

View attachment 262132
So much for anything resembling and intelligent and productive discourse on the subject.

And what would you consider productive ?
Any approach to the issue that allowed the child to develop free of trauma and self doubt into a fully functioning adult who is comfortable in his own skin and free of stigma.

That sounds all good in theory but you may very well be imposing trauma and self-doubt if you allow boys into girls' locker rooms, or vice versa. The BDD trans kids have related to the genitals other kids have over other things and common sense says that allowing a person they perceive to be of the opposite sex into those sensitive spaces is not going to be good for them. The reasonable compromise to address both is separate bathrooms/changing areas for trans students, but even that is offense to activists and their children because Betty the Anorexic isn't forced to accept Tommy who thinks he is Cindy as a fellow female whether Betty wants to or not.

A few excerpts:
I have two teen sons. One is a foodie, and one is a picky eater. One practices free running, while the other has his blue belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu. One aces his math and science classes, and the other is a compelling writer and sculptor.

Regarding what’s right for my child, I’ve taken the advice of experts like his doctors and done more research than I can quantify. When it comes to whether supporting him is wrong, it’s never wrong for a parent to love their child unconditionally. It’s never wrong to support your child on a journey of self-discovery that harms no one and helps him grow and thrive.

The question that gets me, though, is whether it’s hard to parent a trans child. My sons are people, and while they might try my patience through inherent teenager-ness, it’s not generally any harder to parent one over the other. Usually, having a trans son doesn’t influence our lives at all. I buy the cereal he likes, remind him to work on his college essays, listen to him vent about his classes, and tell him to clean his room (I think there are dirty socks in there that have gained sentience).

For me, it's not about fear or hate.
It's the disdain way our culture treats this mental illness.
How many people act like schizoids are normal?
My coworkers son got turned down from the marines because of asthma a couple weeks ago. Stellar athlete, decent mind and ambition. Yet, he got turned down. Even people with recurring nightmares get turned down from the military. Yet, our ignorant and PC culture will fight for people to be in the military who has a complete delusion of reality. Basic biology.
Its pathetic. Our society is fucking weak.
Our society is too emotional.

A few excerpts:

Are you sill pretending it’s a “choice”? And even if it were so what? Equality under law, unlike a personal right to firearms, is guaranteed by the constitution.

Gender identity is not guaranteed by the constitution.

A few excerpts:

All those who rail against Transsexuality and think that trans people are sub human, mentally ill freaks need to read this.

People with gender dysphoria aren't freaks.
They need treatment.
Yes they do. What sort of treatment do you think that they need?
mental treatment,,,

A few excerpts:

View attachment 262131
sickos
the gay left they are intolerant hate fill authoritarian nazi fag freaks.... INDEED they are

View attachment 262132
So much for anything resembling and intelligent and productive discourse on the subject.

Any approach to the issue that allowed the child to develop free of trauma and self doubt into a fully functioning adult who is comfortable in his own skin and free of stigma.

how can it be comfortable in its own skin it when it denies what he or she really is???

View attachment 262131
sickos

View attachment 262132

how can it be comfortable in its own skin it when it denies what he or she really is???

More importantly, in the most trans-friendly country on earth, the suicide rate for post-op trans patients is almost 700 % higher than the population at large. Ignoring the mental illness aspects of this has fatal consequences.

When you start a thread based entirely in an insane premise, such as that a boy can be a girl or vice versa, what do you expect?

The premise is bullshit, the thread based on that premise is bullshit, so that's the only kind of discussion that can be made from it.

If you want to start a thread that can foster anything resembling and intelligent and productive discourse, then perhaps you should try posting an OP that isn't completely insane, nonsensical, and even immoral bullshit. You've never tried that, which is why all your threads turn out as they do.

View attachment 262131
sickos

View attachment 262132

That sounds all good in theory but you may very well be imposing trauma and self-doubt if you allow boys into girls' locker rooms, or vice versa. The BDD trans kids have related to the genitals other kids have over other things and common sense says that allowing a person they perceive to be of the opposite sex into those sensitive spaces is not going to be good for them. The reasonable compromise to address both is separate bathrooms/changing areas for trans students, but even that is offense to activists and their children because Betty the Anorexic isn't forced to accept Tommy who thinks he is Cindy as a fellow female whether Betty wants to or not.
Its absolutely amazing how every discussion about transgender issues immediately devolves into talk about bathrooms and locker rooms. If you had read my OP you would see that there is so much more to the issue and that we are talking about whole human beings and not just about genitals.

A few excerpts:

Pointing out that someone has a mental illness is not saying that some one is sub human.

You are the one saying that.

View attachment 262131
sickos

View attachment 262132

Its absolutely amazing how every discussion about transgender issues immediately devolves into talk about bathrooms and locker rooms. If you had read my OP you would see that there is so much more to the issue and that we are talking about whole human beings and not just about genitals.
thats not very honest of you,,,

several people have talked about whats really important and that is their mental health and their need for care

maybe its you thats stuck on that??

View attachment 262131
sickos

View attachment 262132

And it is not surprising that you try to ignore that there are other humans beings who may be adversely affected by forcing transchildren into sensitive spaces. But for that, not many people would really care so much.

several people have talked about whats really important and that is their mental health and their need for care

Not honest? Really? Did the person that I was responding to not say what he said? Other have talked about mental health but in what context. It is almost entirely about treating a delusion or something to that effect and almost never about being supportive and helping them to discover themselves and to be comfortable with themselves-as this boys mother is doing.

View attachment 262131
sickos

View attachment 262132

There have been fully integrated male/female college dormitories -- including the bathrooms and showers -- for decades. I work with folks (not young folks) who lived in them during college.
You need to relax. Nothing horrible happens.

Not honest? Really? Did the person that I was responding to not say what he said? Other have talked about mental health but in what context. It is almost entirely about treating a delusion or something to that effect and almost never about being supportive and helping them to discover themselves and to be comfortable with themselves-as this boys mother is doing.

you dont do that by supporting their delusions,,,that only makes it worse,,

this mother is doing the wrong thing,,

A few excerpts:

Pointing out that someone has a mental illness is not saying that some one is sub human.

Your concluding that it is a mental illness while ignoring the science behind the transgender issue calls into question your own level of functioning.

A few excerpts:

Your concluding that it is a mental illness while ignoring the science behind the transgender issue calls into question your own level of functioning.

science says a boy is a boy and a girl is a girl,,,

Forum List

Back