Mother’s Day: My Experience Parenting a Trans Kid

Really? After like 100 posts of you TELLING US what you are we still have no idea? Dude! You're COMPLEX!

Simple solution then: TELL US. Just come out of the closest so we have no doubts.
I don't discuss my sexuality unless it is with someone looking for a date. To confirm or deny anything with the likes of you only serves to validate your bigotry.

Okay here's a question. What if I leave you free to live your life, do your thing. What if I would even be quite pleasant to you, even have a nice dinner with you and friends--but I just don't think your sexual proclivities are quite...the thing?? In short what if I think they're kind of gross?

Is that okay in 2019 or not?

Hubby and I met in the early 90s working in a mall. At one time we were the ONLY TWO heterosexuals working there (yes, it was fate). Hubby has a wonderful sense of humor and always has. The gay guys gave him heck and he dished it right back. They were all friends. They loved him. But you should have heard the stuff these guys said about women. It was CLEAR they....did not find us appealing. Should I have been all 2019 offended? Should I have DEMANDED, 2019 style, that they **celebrate** my body and choices and all that stuff?

Because back in those halcyon days we didn't roll like that. Hubby and I talk about this all the time, btw. No one was so easily TRIGGERED back then. And it seems like we were better off for it in a lot of ways.

What was the question?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's right there at the top. Where the ?? are
Your question is based on an assumption about me and therefore invalid. I don't need you or anyone to "let me live my life" nor do I care who might think whatever about me. But you're story is interesting -like things should be and often are- except here on the USMB and at right wing nut job rallies.

Cop out....we all make instant assumptions about each other all the time, and it's not even wrong. It's what we DO with those assumptions that is wrong.

I am asking you so what if I am grossed out by certain sexual proclivities, and so what if you are. Isn't that what TOLERANCE is, after all? Isn't that about what we had right in the early 90s? That's what we have exactly wrong now. It's not enough to tolerate. We must accept and celebrate.

We should have known Leftists would never stop at "tolerate"....

i have nothing negative to say about transgendering as an adult....as a child o hell no....fuck all they need parental permission for everything before 18...i would never consent ...kids go thru a lot of stages...and as a parent it is your job to guide them...my son never wanted to be a girl....now the 4 yr old girl child has expressed she wants to be a boy...we simply shut that down with you are a girl and boys dont wear pink

i am shocked at the medical profession...many times i think they approach this as experimental and gaining a name in a new field..new field being children..long term studies have not been done...when one allows a child to stop their sexual progress with chemicals or surgery that is permanent without really knowing the results that is unforgivable ...

now with the intrasexed they are finding that it is best to wait now and allow the child to determine its own sex..they are no longer making medical decisions on stupid shit.....penis isnt long enough make the infant a girl...horrible way to determine a child's sex

That there isn't any rock solid medical science that can claim 'should have been other gender' is relevant

~S~

i have nothing negative to say about transgendering as an adult....as a child o hell no....fuck all they need parental permission for everything before 18...i would never consent ...kids go thru a lot of stages...and as a parent it is your job to guide them...my son never wanted to be a girl....now the 4 yr old girl child has expressed she wants to be a boy...we simply shut that down with you are a girl and boys dont wear pink

i am shocked at the medical profession...many times i think they approach this as experimental and gaining a name in a new field..new field being children..long term studies have not been done...when one allows a child to stop their sexual progress with chemicals or surgery that is permanent without really knowing the results that is unforgivable ...

now with the intrasexed they are finding that it is best to wait now and allow the child to determine its own sex..they are no longer making medical decisions on stupid shit.....penis isnt long enough make the infant a girl...horrible way to determine a child's sex

"Rapid Onset Gender Dysphoria"--in other words, children and teens being influenced by their peers and the media. Of course.

Ideologues trying to suppress the study. Also of course.

Opinion | Peer Pressure and ‘Transgender’ Teens

I don't discuss my sexuality unless it is with someone looking for a date. To confirm or deny anything with the likes of you only serves to validate your bigotry.

Okay here's a question. What if I leave you free to live your life, do your thing. What if I would even be quite pleasant to you, even have a nice dinner with you and friends--but I just don't think your sexual proclivities are quite...the thing?? In short what if I think they're kind of gross?

Hubby and I met in the early 90s working in a mall. At one time we were the ONLY TWO heterosexuals working there (yes, it was fate). Hubby has a wonderful sense of humor and always has. The gay guys gave him heck and he dished it right back. They were all friends. They loved him. But you should have heard the stuff these guys said about women. It was CLEAR they....did not find us appealing. Should I have been all 2019 offended? Should I have DEMANDED, 2019 style, that they **celebrate** my body and choices and all that stuff?

Because back in those halcyon days we didn't roll like that. Hubby and I talk about this all the time, btw. No one was so easily TRIGGERED back then. And it seems like we were better off for it in a lot of ways.

What was the question?

Your question is based on an assumption about me and therefore invalid. I don't need you or anyone to "let me live my life" nor do I care who might think whatever about me. But you're story is interesting -like things should be and often are- except here on the USMB and at right wing nut job rallies.

Cop out....we all make instant assumptions about each other all the time, and it's not even wrong. It's what we DO with those assumptions that is wrong.

I am asking you so what if I am grossed out by certain sexual proclivities, and so what if you are. Isn't that what TOLERANCE is, after all? Isn't that about what we had right in the early 90s? That's what we have exactly wrong now. It's not enough to tolerate. We must accept and celebrate.

Oh please!! Feel free to be grossed out by whatever it is that you imagine that I am or do. I feel like I'm interacting with a pre-teen who is texting while in detention. Try dealing with the actual subject with whatever level of maturity you can conjure up

What was the question?

Oh please!! Feel free to be grossed out by whatever it is that you imagine that I am or do. I feel like I'm interacting with a pre-teen who is texting while in detention. Try dealing with the actual subject with whatever level of maturity you can conjure up

It was a valid question.

Hell, that fact that she had to drag you to it, kicking and screaming, shows that.

What was the question?

So the gay men who had derogatory names for my body parts and functions all those years ago...we're going to pretend gay men never did this and STILL do not do it?

Okay then. Suuuuuureee

Shut it down? Obviously you don't understand what a child experiencing gender dysphoria is going through. Regardless of whether you believe that it is strictly psychological or , that there is I biological cause, it is very real to the child. You think that you can deny them "permission" to feel the way they do? They have to be acknowledged and even if you think that are wrong, their feelings must be validated or their may be dire consequences

What are you shocked about? Using drugs to delay puberty so that a child can make an informed decision about their gender identity when they are old enough is a prudent and accepted practice. Children do not receive surgury or any other irreversible procedure.

What are you shocked about? Using drugs to delay puberty so that a child can make an informed decision about their gender identity when they are old enough is a prudent and accepted practice. Children do not receive surgury or any other irreversible procedure.

In the future, healthy societies will lump such behavior in with forced sterilizations and lobotomies.

Shut it down? Obviously you don't understand what a child experiencing gender dysphoria is going through. Regardless of whether you believe that it is strictly psychological or , that there is I biological cause, it is very real to the child. You think that you can deny them "permission" to feel the way they do? They have to be acknowledged and even if you think that are wrong, their feelings must be validated or their may be dire consequences

I'll give you a dollar for every little kid who even knows what "gender dysphoria" is. Who gets to decide that anyway, the child?

Now I think that you are making some sense here. There is much more to gender than external sex organs, and the trend is away early surgury in these cases

In the future, healthy societies will lump such behavior in with forced sterilizations and lobotomies.
And your recommended approach is what exactly?

Shut the fuck up, at least until adulthood.

Brilliant! Just fucking brilliant. !!!

Brilliant! Just fucking brilliant. !!!

I know.

High school, let alone fucking Grade School is not the place to share such issues with the surrounding mob, that you are required by law to be forced to deal with.

Putting already unbalanced children though the social pressure that comes with this shit, and you might as well force them to play russian roulette. And I mean that literally.

Forum List

Back