Mother On the Lam For Right to Let Son Die

the Nemenhah band DOES BELIEVE in the use of traditional medical help, if there is no natural means to CURE, is what the spokesman said zoom.

Since the alternative method HAS NOT WORKED the past 4 months and his cancer has SPREAD, i'm certain the Nemenhah would recommend going through conventional medical means to CURE him.

I thought I heard him (the spokesperson) say they believe and use conventional medical treatment but not chemicals, which is what chemo is.

i didn't hear the, but not chemical, from him....maybe i missed it?
i find it interesting that you would force this boy to under go painful chemo treatments that might even kill him

some might see that as supporting torture of a 13 year old

I thought I heard him (the spokesperson) say they believe and use conventional medical treatment but not chemicals, which is what chemo is.

i find it interesting that you would force this boy to under go painful chemo treatments that might even kill him

Some things in life are painful and certainly some necessary medical treatments or procedures to save ones life are painful.

Being a pussy about the possible side effects of it will NOT save this person's life...

the Chemo is what has the possibility of saving his life, and nothing else is working at this point and no I will not stand by and allow him to commit suicide, (which is what i see him doing since the alternative treatment is not working)...even if not intentional.

Some things in life are painful and certainly some necessary medical treatments or procedures to save ones life are painful.

Being a pussy about the possible side effects of it will NOT save this person's life...

the Chemo is what has the possibility of saving his life, and nothing else is working at this point and no I will not stand by and allow him to commit suicide, (which is what i see him doing since the alternative treatment is not working)...even if not intentional.
yeah, and people have the right to refuse that treatment
how would you like someone else telling you that you needed to under go a painful procedure against your will?

Chemo is undoubtedly inhumane. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't.

If my sick child who might die anyway begged me to stop treatments, I'd have to be very, VERY sure that the treatment was going to work. 90 percent would be good enough for me. But I'm not convinced that there aren't mitigating factors in this case. For example, they caught it to late and the chemo was a long shot. Nobody's addressing that. Nobody's addressing anything of relevance.
I'm glad you aren't my mother.

If I were your mother you wouldn't be the idiot you are today, dear.

how would you like someone else telling you that you needed to under go a painful procedure against your will?
After what my father in law looked like after his chemo, I swore I would never take it.

i believe in chemo now....my best girlfriend was diagnosed with terminal, stage 4 cancer at 39...vaginal cancer, very very very rare....no one in the usa had survived it...it had spread to her colan, they told her and her husband to get their will made and personal things in order, i prayed, prayed and prayed, cried and prayed some more, then begged, God to please allow the chemo and radiation to work....docs didn;t think the chemo/radiation would work, but her only hope, if that, of survival... docs told her the chemo would probably kill her or the radiation pellets they were going to insert inside her vagina was going to kill her, before the cancer would...

i had never done this before in my life, but i laid hands on her and prayed so hard for God to rid her of her cancer too.

She also began a complimentary treatment which was all diet change....

She survived and is alive today, 7 years later.

Now, I don't know if the diet changes or the chemo or the radiation or the praying or the laying of hands, or her determination that she was going to beat all ODDS no matter how dismal they were, that saved her....

I believe now, with her as a mentor, that everyone, if they want to live, should do every medical treatment available to them, along with alternatives that include diet change, along with praying, and a can do attitude is the way to go...

Now back to the 13 year old.... I do not believe he understands what he is doing and has solely been influenced by his mother telling him he will die with the chemo.

I am uncertain, but I believe this child may not understand all of the ramifications of not receiving the chemo, he thinks the chemo will kill him, based on his mother's influence, so he clearly is not understanding, when you think about it....

The doctors had no choice but to pull the State in to this mess....and since they did, based on their Doctorly judgments, then the 13 yr old and his mom, should follow what the arbitrator decides, based on all the info before him.

As far as me, I am an adult and am not nutzoid, so I can make my own decisions.

the alternative medicine is not working for him... I don't want to see him die.

99% of the time, I don't believe the law should be called in, but these doctors felt strong enough, based on their medical diagnosis, that they should be.

care

After what my father in law looked like after his chemo, I swore I would never take it.

i believe in chemo now....my best girlfriend was diagnosed with terminal, stage 4 cancer at 39...vaginal cancer, very very very rare....no one in the usa had survived it...it had spread to her colan, they told her and her husband to get their will made and personal things in order, i prayed, prayed and prayed, cried and prayed some more, then begged, God to please allow the chemo and radiation to work....docs didn;t think the chemo/radiation would work, but her only hope, if that, of survival... docs told her the chemo would probably kill her or the radiation pellets they were going to insert inside her vagina was going to kill her, before the cancer would...

i had never done this before in my life, but i laid hands on her and prayed so hard for God to rid her of her cancer too.

Now, I don't know if the diet changes or the chemo or the radiation or the praying or the laying of hands, or her determination that she was going to beat all ODDS no matter how dismal they were, that saved her....

I believe now, with her as a mentor, that everyone, if they want to live, should do every medical treatment available to them, along with alternatives that include diet change, along with praying, and a can do attitude is the way to go...

Now back to the 13 year old.... I do not believe he understands what he is doing and has solely been influenced by his mother telling him he will die with the chemo.

I am uncertain, but I believe this child may not understand all of the ramifications of not receiving the chemo, he thinks the chemo will kill him, based on his mother's influence, so he clearly is not understanding, when you think about it....

The doctors had no choice but to pull the State in to this mess....and since they did, based on their Doctorly judgments, then the 13 yr old and his mom, should follow what the arbitrator decides, based on all the info before him.

99% of the time, I don't believe the law should be called in, but these doctors felt strong enough, based on their medical diagnosis, that they should be.

care
even after all that, i still wouldnt have you forced to take a treatment you did not choose to have
nor would i have this boy be forced to take a treatment that neither he nor his mom want

its something called Parents Rights
i believe they have the right to choose even if i think they are making the wrong choice

care

Care, thank you for sharing the story of your friend. I also believe what I bolded in your post. I'd rep you if I could. Again, thanks for sharing.

They said they always planned on returning, which I believe, but why so soon?

Do you think they got down to the mexican border, and couldn't cross because of new border requirements? Or is it because of the indictments?

Forum List

Back