Mother On the Lam For Right to Let Son Die

jillian

Princess
Apr 4, 2006
The Other Side of Paradise
This woman needs to be put away....

Arrest warrant issued for mother of Daniel Hauser, 13; boy is resisting chemo for treatable cancer

NEW ULM, Minn. - A judge issued an arrest warrant Tuesday for the mother of a 13-year-old boy resisting chemotherapy after she and the boy missed a court hearing on his welfare.

Brown County District Judge John Rodenberg also ordered that Daniel Hauser be placed in a foster home and be sent for an immediate examination by a pediatric oncologist so he can get treated for Hodgkins lymphoma.

"The court's priority at this point is to try to get Daniel Hauser and get him the care he needs," Rodenberg said.

The cancer is considered highly curable with chemotherapy and radiation, but Daniel quit chemo after a single treatment and with his parents opted instead for "alternative medicines," citing religious beliefs. That led authorities to seek custody. Rodenberg last week ruled that Daniel's parents, Colleen and Anthony Hauser, were medically neglecting their son.

The family, of Sleepy Eye, was due in court Tuesday to tell the judge results of a chest X-ray and arrangements for an oncologist. But Daniel's father was the only one who appeared. He told Rodenberg he last saw Colleen Hauser on Monday evening.

"She said she was going to leave," Hauser testified. "She said, 'That's all you need to know.' And that's all I know."

Arrest warrant issued for mother of Daniel Hauser, 13; boy is resisting chemo for treatable cancer

The government should not dictate what, if any, medical treatment a person should go through. This is supposed to be a free society, where a person has the freedom to choose what's best themselves. I've known too many people that have undergone chemotherapy and frankly the cure is often worse than the disease. Everyone I know that had undergone extensive treatment has passed away after years of what I feel is medical abuse.

What on earth are you talking about? Medical neglect is one of the standard things prevented by family courts all across the country. The parents have the right to decide for THEMSELVES to forego medical treatment... not for a child.

And if this were some person practicing Santaria and cutting marks into their child's body to "protect" him or her from illness, you'd be calling for the heathen's head

The wingnuts care more about two cells than they do about lilving children.

It's disgusting.

What on earth are you talking about? Medical neglect is one of the standard things prevented by family courts all across the country. The parents have the right to decide for THEMSELVES to forego medical treatment... not for a child.

And if this were some person practicing Santaria and cutting marks into their child's body to "protect" him or her from illness, you'd be calling for the heathen's head

It's disgusting.

Ohh I get it, A mother has the right to murder a fetus cause well it aint born yet but not the right to CHOSE her son's medical treatment that HE also wants.

I agree he should be treated but YOU have no leg to stand on on this issue.

It's disgusting.

Exactly! So sad for this kid. :(

It's disgusting.

Ohh I get it, A mother has the right to murder a fetus cause well it aint born yet but not the right to CHOSE her son's medical treatment that HE also wants.

Well said

It's disgusting.

Well said

The boy has an excellent chance of survival if treated and an excellent chance of death if he is not. The fact is it is a very treatable form of cancer. Why would you fight an abortion but not the slow death of a living child? Makes no sense. It's child neglect.

Just like Gays marrying and Jillian being opposed to CONSENTING ADULTS having Incestuous Relationships, you turds are all for choice unless it bothers YOUR conscious. Either we have religious freedom and choice or we do not. IF the Majority does not get to decide on Gays and abortion, guess what , YOU don't get to decide on medical treatment for minors on this issue.

Well said

The boy has an excellent chance of survival if treated and an excellent chance of death if he is not. The fact is it is a very treatable form of cancer. Why would you fight an abortion but not the slow death of a living child? Makes no sense. It's child neglect.

YOU have set the standard NOT US. YOU argue for choice unless it happens to upset your conscious. Either it is a religious matter of choice, PROTECTED by privacy and the 1st Amendment JUST AS Abortion is or admit you are just making moral choices like you accuse us of.

Remind us again how a 13 year old Pregnant Girl can CHOSE to ABORT but a 13 year old boy with Cancer can not CHOSE to not have the treatment YOU want him to have.

Well said

YOU have set the standard NOT US. YOU argue for choice unless it happens to upset your conscious. Either it is a religious matter of choice, PROTECTED by privacy and the 1st Amendment JUST AS Abortion is or admit you are just making moral choices like you accuse us of.

I haven't accused anybody of anything, I just think you're reasoning is conveniently flawed. I don't represent anyone else's opinion but my own so try not to project as if I have set any standard of morality. What makes you think my conscience isn't upset by abortion as well? You need to think from a woman's point of view what it was like to have reproductive choice mandated by law. That idea upsets my conscience more.

Remind us again how a 13 year old Pregnant Girl can CHOSE to ABORT but a 13 year old boy with Cancer can not CHOSE to not have the treatment YOU want him to have.

That decision is between the girl, her parents and their private physician, not the law.

a 13 year old boy with Cancer can not CHOSE to not have the treatment YOU want him to have.

It's the treatment his doctors want him to have because there is overwhelming demonstrable evidence that it is a matter of life and death for him. The boy is a minor who needs a responsible adult to be his guardian and protect him. This parent is guilty of neglect, IMO.

Here we go again. Because abortion is legal RGS's little mind believes we should let living, breathing children die of neglect.

:rolleyes:

Just like Gays marrying and Jillian being opposed to CONSENTING ADULTS having Incestuous Relationships, you turds are all for choice unless it bothers YOUR conscious. Either we have religious freedom and choice or we do not. IF the Majority does not get to decide on Gays and abortion, guess what , YOU don't get to decide on medical treatment for minors on this issue.

:rolleyes: You're all over the road.

What does adult consensual sex have to do with this?

I am for keeping the government out of our personal freedoms as far as possible, but a civil society needs to protect it's children.

Forum List

Back