Mother Jones stood up to a billionaire political donor who sued us—and we won.

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Today we are happy to announce a monumental legal victory for Mother Jones: A judge in Idaho has ruled in our favor on all claims in a defamation case filed by a major Republican donor, Frank VanderSloot, and his company, Melaleuca Inc. In a decision issued Tuesday, the court found that Mother Jones did not defame VanderSloot or Melaleuca because "all of the statements at issue are non-actionable truth or substantial truth." The court also found that the statements were protected as fair comment under the First Amendment.

A billionaire political donor sued Mother Jones. We won. Here's what happened.

Now, if they could just back to writing quality news pieces instead of acting like a bunch of sell outs.

Liberals have no problem with slander as long as it isn't against them. I'll bet the judge got a little extra something for his piggy bank.

Except it was truth.
They prefer fake wild fantasies. Benghazi, Obama's in the Muslim Brotherhood, Obama was born in Kenya, Obama introduced ebola to kill us all, Obama's a powerful tyrannical dictator, Obama is a limpwristed weakling, Obama is the anti-christ, war on Christianity, there's a white genocide happening, and on and on and on.

Except it was truth.
They prefer fake wild fantasies. Benghazi, Obama's in the Muslim Brotherhood, Obama was born in Kenya, Obama introduced ebola to kill us all, Obama's a powerful tyrannical dictator, Obama is a limpwristed weakling, Obama is the anti-christ, war on Christianity, there's a white genocide happening, and on and on and on.

You know, there is a reason that I don't read Salon and many other alleged "liberal" news sources. I have no problem calling out BS on either end. The problem, in this instance, is that even with the court order he isn't going to believe it.

Forum List

Back