Mother arrested for trying to stop daughter having abortion!

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by freeandfun1, Mar 25, 2005.

1. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    I'm not sure where this should go, so I put it in Religions/ETHICS as what the abortion clinic did was, in my opinion, HIGHLY unethical.

LInk to Article

2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403

This outta be interesting---think the feds will stay outta this one???

3. Shattered

Shattered Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    And the *MOTHER* was arrested?? WTF!

4. Shattered

Shattered Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    At a *bare minimum*, I'd fight like hell to have the "grandmother" arrested for kidnapping, and have the girl deemed "mentally unstable" to further the case against the grandmother.

5. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616

Since the SCOTUS has ruled that this is a Fed issue no, I don't think they will.

This will end up going to the SCOTUS, does the Parent have a right to speak to the child even while in an abortion clinic? Do they have a right to file kidnapping charges?

If the child was taken to any other clinic after being kidnapped from school by somebody with no authority to remove them from school, especially somebody who is working to hide a rape by their son, the clinic would be legally reponsible to call the police if they found out about it, they would be arrested and charged with said kidnapping. Instead this clinic slips her out the back door because they don't want the parent being part of the child's decision in any way, attempting to cover up the fact of the kidnapping to protect the guilty they are now complicit in that kidnapping.

This will be interesting to watch.

6. Bosox21

Bosox21 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I know this might shock people, but I dont think the mom did anything wrong. Kids having sex at 14 my god. People need to learn to take responability for their actions. I saw a woman on a TV show in mexico who has had 8 abortions, what the hell is that. You dont want to have a baby use protection or dont have sex til your married.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296

Which mom? Nothing you wrote makes sense in the context of the article. Should a "stranger" be allowed to take a girl to an abortion clinic without notifying the partents of the girl? I think not. Next they will be borrowing your kids for whatever they want and the parents will have no say. The parents are responsible for the girls mental and physical health. Sure, they should have kept her from having sex at such a young age, but that is another discussion. The real question is, was what the abortion clinic did legal? I have to think not. Also, the other lady posing as the girl's mother is illegal as is the school letting the girl go without verifying the story of the "grandmother". They ignored the parents instructions to only let the parents or the girl's grandFATHER check her out of school.

8. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Boy this country just keeps getting better and better!!
    SARCASM!!

9. Shattered

Shattered Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Methinks we outta start our own country... :thewave:

10. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    Here's something to ponder:

Kids have NO right to do with their body anything they want. Until a kid is immancipated, the Parents have absolute right to control every behaviour of their child.

I hope the Abortion Clinic personnel involved go to Jail.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1