Mother arrested for trying to stop daughter having abortion!

freeandfun1

VIP Member
Feb 14, 2004
I'm not sure where this should go, so I put it in Religions/ETHICS as what the abortion clinic did was, in my opinion, HIGHLY unethical.

GRANITE CITY - A Southern Illinois woman was arrested last week (March 17) after trying to intervene on behalf of her 14-year old daughter's effort to have an abortion. The girl was allegedly taken to an abortion clinic by the mother of the man allegedly to have impregnated the 14-year old.

According to the girl's mother, her 14-year old daughter was called off from school in Madison County by a woman posing as the girl's “grandmother.” The woman took the girl from her home only minutes before the girl’s mother returned home from work.

It was later determined that the woman who had posed as the "grandmother" to the school authorities was the mother of the male who had fathered the unborn child the 14-year old girl was carrying. The age of the male has not been released.

When the parents were notified their pregnant daughter was not at school, they suspected she had been taken to the Hope Abortion Clinic in Granite City. The parents and grandfather were the only persons authorized to request school absence for the fourteen-year-old female.

“My husband and I rushed to the abortion clinic where we saw our daughter’s name on the roster and the time she had checked in,” the mother said. She then went into the clinic and searched a room filled with young women awaiting abortions but did not see her daughter.

She took a seat near the main desk and said, “I was told I could not prove my daughter was there so I began calling her name. A medical tech at the clinic told me, “It is your daughter’s right, it is her body. You have no rights.”

After continuing to call out her daughter’s name and telling her “don’t do it,” authorities were called and the mother was arrested.

The 14-year old told her mother she could hear her but when she asked employees to give her mother a message, they came back to the room and told her that her mother had left.

Angela Michaels, of Small Victories Ministry, was tipped off as to what was happening at the Hope clinic. According to Michaels, she witnessed police placing the mother’s hands behind her back, taking her into custody. As the police were putting the mother in the squad car, she was crying out, “Please, please, help me...my daughter is in there.”

Michaels said, “Exactly one hour later at 10:35 a.m., the 14-year old emerged from the clinic looking disheveled. The 14-year old told us that employees kept her in a quiet room until the procedure was
performed and she was told that her mother had left.”

Employees assured this girl on her departure, “No-one will ever know you were here, we’ll bury your records.”

In the meantime, the woman who had taken the girl for the abortion was slipped out the back door of the clinic.

The police in the community in which the family lives allegedly told the girl's mom that they couldn't intervene despite her making a charge that her daughter had been raped (by statute), because the charge was stale--7 weeks after the incident. They did tell the girl's mom that, while she had no right to stop the abortion, she did have a right to go into the clinic and speak to her daughter.

The parents are expected to file charges.
LInk to Article

At a *bare minimum*, I'd fight like hell to have the "grandmother" arrested for kidnapping, and have the girl deemed "mentally unstable" to further the case against the grandmother.

dilloduck said:
This outta be interesting---think the feds will stay outta this one???

Since the SCOTUS has ruled that this is a Fed issue no, I don't think they will.

This will end up going to the SCOTUS, does the Parent have a right to speak to the child even while in an abortion clinic? Do they have a right to file kidnapping charges?

If the child was taken to any other clinic after being kidnapped from school by somebody with no authority to remove them from school, especially somebody who is working to hide a rape by their son, the clinic would be legally reponsible to call the police if they found out about it, they would be arrested and charged with said kidnapping. Instead this clinic slips her out the back door because they don't want the parent being part of the child's decision in any way, attempting to cover up the fact of the kidnapping to protect the guilty they are now complicit in that kidnapping.

This will be interesting to watch.

I know this might shock people, but I dont think the mom did anything wrong. Kids having sex at 14 my god. People need to learn to take responability for their actions. I saw a woman on a TV show in mexico who has had 8 abortions, what the hell is that. You dont want to have a baby use protection or dont have sex til your married.

Bosox21 said:
I know this might shock people, but I dont think the mom did anything wrong. Kids having sex at 14 my god. People need to learn to take responability for their actions. I saw a woman on a TV show in mexico who has had 8 abortions, what the hell is that. You dont want to have a baby use protection or dont have sex til your married.

Which mom? Nothing you wrote makes sense in the context of the article. Should a "stranger" be allowed to take a girl to an abortion clinic without notifying the partents of the girl? I think not. Next they will be borrowing your kids for whatever they want and the parents will have no say. The parents are responsible for the girls mental and physical health. Sure, they should have kept her from having sex at such a young age, but that is another discussion. The real question is, was what the abortion clinic did legal? I have to think not. Also, the other lady posing as the girl's mother is illegal as is the school letting the girl go without verifying the story of the "grandmother". They ignored the parents instructions to only let the parents or the girl's grandFATHER check her out of school.

Here's something to ponder:

Kids have NO right to do with their body anything they want. Until a kid is immancipated, the Parents have absolute right to control every behaviour of their child.

I hope the Abortion Clinic personnel involved go to Jail.

freeandfun1 said:
I'm not sure where this should go, so I put it in Religions/ETHICS as what the abortion clinic did was, in my opinion, HIGHLY unethical.

LInk to Article

Is the Illinois Reader reputable? This story seems so fantastical that I question the veracity. Why would the police not investigate a rape or statutory rape charge? That "stale" excuse seems crazy, and doesn't quite correspond to how I have seen police respond to such allegations.

However, if the story is real, it is a terrible shame.

ReillyT said:
Is the Illinois Reader reputable? This story seems so fantastical that I question the veracity. Why would the police not investigate a rape or statutory rape charge? That "stale" excuse seems crazy, and doesn't quite correspond to how I have seen police respond to such allegations.

However, if the story is real, it is a terrible shame.

Of course the MSM isn't covering this, but there are five articles in five different publications that are publishing this.

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&l...//www.lifesite.net/ldn/2005/mar/05032408.html

freeandfun1 said:
Of course the MSM isn't covering this, but there are five articles in five different publications that are publishing this.

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&l...//www.lifesite.net/ldn/2005/mar/05032408.html

Each of those publications appears to be dubious - some because they are Christian news sources (expressing a bias) and some because they report the story verbatim complete with an Illinois Leader byline. I'm not saying that this is not true. I am just saying I don't know if I believe that this aricle was full and unbiased. (See the controversial Declaration of Independence article in the USA Chat which has been reported around the country in many fringe news sources. It isn't the whole story as it turns out).

I don't trust Fox News that much, but I would feel much better about the veracity of this story if Fox picked it up.

ReillyT said:
Each of those publications appears to be dubious - some because they are Christian news sources (expressing a bias) and some because they report the story verbatim complete with an Illinois Leader byline. I'm not saying that this is not true. I am just saying I don't know if I believe that this aricle was full and unbiased. (See the controversial Declaration of Independence article in the USA Chat which has been reported around the country in many fringe news sources. It isn't the whole story as it turns out).

I don't trust Fox News that much, but I would feel much better about the veracity of this story if Fox picked it up.

Is calling a newsource Christian enough to discredit it, in your malformed opinion?

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
rtwngAvngr said:
Is calling a newsource Christian enough to discredit it, in your malformed opinion?

No, not in and of itself. I am sure that there are many Christian news sources that are very reputable. However, I think I do question more with a religious-affiliated news source. I would question the Jewish Reader on its reports about Israel as well. I don't immediately discredit, but I still question.

In this case, some of the those news sources that appeared in the google search free and fun gave me were the exact same news sources that were reporting that Declaration of Independence controversy (look in USA chat). They appeared to have gotten it quite wrong there, so I am not inclined to trust them here.

Forum List

Back