Most Women Can be Beautiful but Aren't

There is a difference between a beautiful person and a beautiful object.
Never forget that "person" and "object" are not mutually exclusive terms. Some very beautiful women are also very beautiful objects.

That elusive creature is known colloquially as a 10.

Sneakers + Raincoats: Utilitarian Clinic

There are two items in society fashions/accessories that catalyze more debate regarding this issue which has become so important in our modern age of cosmetic surgery:

1. the athletic shoe (or sneaker)

2. the raincoat

Both of these items are very utilitarian but can be marketed with ornate designs and personalization, therefore reaching the female shopping audience.

The sneaker has been around since the late 1800s, when cobblers were selling shoes with special rubber soles so as to promote more durable everyday use as the world was becoming more traffic-conscious. The raincoat has been around in some form or another for a long time, but the modern age has seen more sophisticated designs involving complex materials.

We don't want to mix apples and oranges (i.e., codeine and marijuana) in this complicated issue, however, there must be ways to bring together disparate concepts when discussing the intersections between fashion and psychology as they relate to 'gender economics.'

Maybe Wonder Woman (DC Comics) or someone else can help...

:afro:

Wonder Woman

bc.jpg

A few understand what styles of clothing, hair, colors, etc. look best on them, but the majority merely try to look like someone else (or give up altogether). Why is this? My theory is that it stems from the adolescent experience of wanting to fit in and conform to a particular image which is popular at the time. Chasing this fantasy can then become a lifelong exercise in futility and disappointment with who they really are.

This is not about women becoming more sexually attractive (although that may be a side effect). Instead, it is about women looking and feeling good about themselves, with all of the benefits conferred by that confidence. I would like to see a greater variety of women in advertisements and magazines who capitalize on their own looks instead of portraying some other vision of beauty.

Any thoughts?

You are correct that women and men can make themselves look better by the way they dress. There are many overweight people who can look attractive. It's not even about hiding their excess weight. It's more about looking as if they care about themselves and showing it with a positive friendly attitude. I am a big time basher of those who are overweight, because I know most overweight people can lose most of that weight, but the bigger issue is that so many of them do not take good care of themselves and it shows.

Forum List

Back