Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

spectrumc01

I give you....the TRUTH
Feb 9, 2011
The United States
The conservatives have their news sources, and the Liberals have theirs. On tv the political spin and pandering is layed on quite heavy. Fox and MSNBC are unwatchable due to their open partisanship. Air America, and Rush Limbaugh are also unlistenable when it comes to talk radio. The spin puts almost all of their facts into question. Even online the difference is also noticeable. Is there any news source that takes a nonbiased view, is there any source out there that both parties can agree upon as impartial and have the true facts?

What is the most viewed news source?
(not all sources could be listed, so if you check 'other' please add the source)

Spectrum, I think America's desire for Entertainment has overtaken its desire for knowledge of current events, and so News has become the WWE. It's Monday Night Raw. It's Vader Time. Stone Cold said so. Can you smell what the Rock is cookin?' SUCK IT! Degeneration X.

Spectrum, I think America's desire for Entertainment has overtaken its desire for knowledge of current events, and so News has become the WWE. It's Monday Night Raw. It's Vader Time. Stone Cold said so. Can you smell what the Rock is cookin?' SUCK IT! Degeneration X.

So true, but where do you go to get the most reliable news, in your opinion?

So true, but where do you go to get the most reliable news, in your opinion?

I think that I've learned to determine where there's a "slant," and instead of hearing the Opinions when I hear a news piece, I drown those out and just listen to the Data.

I think CNN plays the least amount of head games.

Local News is decent, but even Yahoo! can get to slanting but doesn't "usually." They more-so present slanted pieces from both sides as opposed to having no slant. It's weird man.

GT, I would have to agree with you on that. CNN does seem to do a pretty good job keeping it toned down. Local tends to remain local. It's been since the first of they year since I quit reading news papers and it hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be.

The conservatives have their news sources, and the Liberals have theirs. On tv the political spin and pandering is layed on quite heavy. Fox and MSNBC are unwatchable due to their open partisanship. Air America, and Rush Limbaugh are also unlistenable when it comes to talk radio. The spin puts almost all of their facts into question. Even online the difference is also noticeable. Is there any news source that takes a nonbiased view, is there any source out there that both parties can agree upon as impartial and have the true facts?

(not all sources could be listed, so if you check 'other' please add the source)

If you're really talking about the news features from these media outlets then I disagree with you concerning Fox and to some extent MSNBC. If you're talking about the talk show, talking heads features then I'm mostly in agreement with you.
As for finding a totally non-biased source try Al Jazeera (English)................... :eusa_whistle:

If you're really talking about the news features from these media outlets then I disagree with you concerning Fox and to some extent MSNBC. If you're talking about the talk show, talking heads features then I'm mostly in agreement with you.
As for finding a totally non-biased source try Al Jazeera (English)................... :eusa_whistle:

And I'll have to disagree, there. FOX and MSNBC now blend their hard-line reporting with their Commentating and often have their hack-commentators as guests, DURING THE HARD NEWS. If that doesn't raise a flag for you, then look a bit more critically at what's in front of you.

And I'll have to disagree, there. FOX and MSNBC now blend their hard-line reporting with their Commentating and often have their hack-commentators as guests, DURING THE HARD NEWS. If that doesn't raise a flag for you, then look a bit more critically at what's in front of you.

Part of what I do is scan the news, almost all of it. I'm pretty sure I have a fairly critical assessment of what's being presented and or represented, why do you think I tossed in the quip about Al Jazeera? Fox and MSNBC have their moments, same as everyone else, the trick is getting both sides and (honestly) deciding for yourself, though how many of us can actually do that. (That is, honestly decide for ourselves without some bias) :lol:

Part of what I do is scan the news, almost all of it. I'm pretty sure I have a fairly critical assessment of what's being presented and or represented, why do you think I tossed in the quip about Al Jazeera? Fox and MSNBC have their moments, same as everyone else, the trick is getting both sides and (honestly) deciding for yourself, though how many of us can actually do that. (That is, honestly decide for ourselves without some bias) :lol:

Which is all common sense, but it's still flat out false that those two stations don't inject Opinion-spin into their hard-news reporting.

Which is all common sense, but it's still flat out false that those two stations don't inject Opinion-spin into their hard-news reporting.

Hence my statement "have their moments". Sometimes more often, sometimes less.

In all fairness, Each source, besides having It's own personal Bias and Agenda, does have some value, Each has different Strengths and weaknesses. Best to get educated on what they are and confirm with multiple sources. I Vote All Of The Above.

I will be fair about one thing regarding Fox.

I have seen the progression of Bill O'Reilly as he's getting older and a tiny, tiny tiny bit less ego driven.

He seems to, these days, at least TRY to critically think through the issues before taking a partisan slant. He does more than ever, anyways, in comparison to the not so distant past. Anyone else notice his subtle changes?

I have seen the progression of Bill O'Reilly as he's getting older and a tiny, tiny tiny bit less ego driven.

He seems to, these days, at least TRY to critically think through the issues before taking a partisan slant. He does more than ever, anyways, in comparison to the not so distant past. Anyone else notice his subtle changes?

yep

Are you sure it isn't just that the rest of the "pundits" at Fox have gone so far right that it makes him seem more reasonable ;)

Are you sure it isn't just that the rest of the "pundits" at Fox have gone so far right that it makes him seem more reasonable ;)

There are no "pundits" on the left, moron?

There are no "pundits" on the left, moron?

I expect even pundits to know what they are talking about and to present factual information with THEIR take on it. The "pundits" at Faux can't even present marginally factual information to comment on.

The Right's new motto: "That was not meant to be a factual statement."

Forum List

Back