Most Stirring Movie Score/Theme?

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
I was thinking about this as I enjoyed two incredible movies back to back, "Glory" and "The Mission".

Both have some of the best movie scores my ears, mind and heart have ever experienced. I thought of numerous other haunting (and majestic) scores that have stayed with me through the years; in "Saving Private Ryan", "Braveheart", "Schindler's List" and "The Thin Red Line".

To me though, Ennio Morricone's "On Earth As It Is In Heaven" from the Robert De Niro movie "The Mission" is the most beautiful composition of music I have ever had the pleasure of listening to.

What do you think?

NATO AIR said:
I was thinking about this as I enjoyed two incredible movies back to back, "Glory" and "The Mission".

Both have some of the best movie scores my ears, mind and heart have ever experienced. I thought of numerous other haunting (and majestic) scores that have stayed with me through the years; in "Saving Private Ryan", "Braveheart", "Schindler's List" and "The Thin Red Line".

To me though, Ennio Morricone's "On Earth As It Is In Heaven" from the Robert De Niro movie "The Mission" is the most beautiful composition of music I have ever had the pleasure of listening to.

What do you think?

I also loved "The Mission" soundtrack

Some of my other favorites would be "Blade Runner" by Vangelis, "The Last of the Mohicans" and the movie "The Passion"

Bonnie said:
Dillo, another great one from Vangelis is called "Oceanic"

"Tubular Bells" from the Exorcist and by Oldfield is another good one (and he has more)---gonna check out "Oceanic"--thanks

dilloduck said:
"Tubular Bells" from the Exorcist and by Oldfield is another good one (and he has more)---gonna check out "Oceanic"--thanks

Love Tubular Bells.

I always smile and get all "feel good" when I hear the theme to the Pink Panther.

Big fan of the series..have seen every movie..10 times...

Peter Sellers was a genius.

GotZoom said:
Love Tubular Bells.

I always smile and get all "feel good" when I hear the theme to the Pink Panther.

Big fan of the series..have seen every movie..10 times...

Peter Sellers was a genius.

What's new pussycat whoa whoa whooa whoa :lalala:

dilloduck said:

Tubular Bells was a great song, very fitting for the movie.

You will probably really like Oceanic...

I loved the music from "Saturday Night Fever". I still get my BeeGee's tape out and play it frequently. Never tire of it. If you want some music to rev you up on a long road trip, that's it.

Bonnie said:
I also loved "The Mission" soundtrack

Some of my other favorites would be "Blade Runner" by Vangelis, "The Last of the Mohicans" and the movie "The Passion"

That's fantastic. All three you mentioned you were excellent as well, especially "Mohicans".

Thomas Newman is a genius, he did the music for American Beauty and Six Feet Under, as well.

Forum List

Back