Most Slobbering Media Comments About Obama of 2008-09

I wanted to post the comments some of the state-run media have given us in their gushing support of the great Obama. This is one of the most memorable from last year. There have been others but this one sticks out the most.
Last night during MSNBC's Potomac Primary coverage, Chris Matthews and Keith Olbermann were discussing Barack Obama's speech. Matthews — who, in the past, has both cried over an Obama speech and compared him to Jesus — described exactly what happens to him when Obama speaks:

I have to tell you, you know, it's part of reporting this case, this election, the feeling most people get when they hear Barack Obama's speech. My, I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often.

Chris Matthews: "I Felt This Thrill Going Up My Leg" As Obama Spoke

Another good one...."Obama is sort of a God"
Newsweek: Obama is God and Great Teacher

Yes....it's been pretty extreme. What was interesting was an observation made by the author:

It was classic example of the cult of personality. “A cult of personality arises when a country’s leader uses mass media to create a heroic public image through unquestioning flattery and praise. Cults of personality are often found in dictatorships,” Wikipedia summarizes.

Stalin and Mao were experts at manipulating the cult of personality. Both dictators portrayed themselves as larger than life and endowed with unrivaled wisdom. Thomas is doing the same thing with Obama.

The ultimate result of the dictatorial rule of Stalin and Mao was mass murder on an unprecedented scale.

Can we expect the same from Obama? Newsweek: Obama is God and Great Teacher

I had to re-post your link so someone like L.K. wouldn't accuse me of making it up.:cuckoo:

I find myself unable to read the comments made by the media savants about Obama, it makes me feel physically sick to see such sycophants in outlets that should be presenting a balanced view.

I find myself unable to read the comments made by the media savants about Obama, it makes me feel physically sick to see such sycophants in outlets that should be presenting a balanced view.

I've been told by libs that they don't have to be balanced.

Well then maybe we need to stop watching the ones that aren't.....which is why they're talking about bailing them out because they're too big to fail.:eusa_angel:

Cali girl
I have to agree. I had to skim over some of the links because my head started to spin. For the first time I am afraid of where the government may be going.

Forum List

Back